Calibration verification records 7.1.5.2.1

Qualbug

Starting to get Involved
Hello Elsmar Cove Community,
The IATF16949 standard clause 7.1.5.2.1 Calibration / Verification records indicate that records of calibration activities....shall be retained. It also provides letters a - I to indicate details of the records. What it does not say is length of time /duration to keep the records. Is this left to the discretion of the organization, or is this more explicitly stated elsewhere in the standard?

Johnny Quality

Quite Involved in Discussions
Qualbug,

How long you keep records of calibration activities are under 7.5.3.2.1 - Record retention.

Unless your customer(s) have requirements I believe your organization gets to dictate calibration record retention. We've just had requirements from a customer which requires 10 years minimum.

Qualbug

Starting to get Involved
Qualbug,

How long you keep records of calibration activities are under 7.5.3.2.1 - Record retention.

Unless your customer(s) have requirements I believe your organization gets to dictate calibration record retention. We've just had requirements from a customer which requires 10 years minimum.
Qualbug,

Thank you for the reply Johnny, I checked 7.5.3.2.1 record retention, but did not see calibration records specifically called out. It references the following types of records:
- Production part approvals (PPAP)
- tooling records
- product and process design records
- purchase orders
- contracts and amendments

I will check both 7.5.3.2.1 and 7.1.5.2.1 CSRs as you have recommended.

Top Bottom