Callout on Surface Finish

On one of our drawings there is a call-out on the symbol in position c of SPBR. We are at a loss of what this abbrevation means

That part is a thin stamped part (0.15 mm)

Capture.PNG

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
Looks like they don't specify the surface finish...but call out only the method by which the SF is achieved? Doesn't make sense to me...

We are tryng to figure out what the "SPBR" stands for that is in position C in the diagram I posted. That is not the drawing, i used that to clariry what I am trying to find out!

You need to ask the customer.
It is not on the customer drawing...it is one a drawing made by our Japanese mother company..getting information from them is almost always difficult. I thought I would check here first as this is a great (and much more responsive) resource!

The only SPBR I could identify was a specific type of liner bearing with a unique motion pattern. Is it possible that they are specifying that you use this linear bearing?
That's what I found..but in the application "a small stamp item - looks like a washer - that serves as a valve in a shock absorber ( what we call a damper) that answer didn't seem to make any sense!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
8 Surface Finish - Callout as 8 - 16 Rq Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
B Profile of a Surface Callout on this Drawing General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
C Definition GD&T Clarification - Callout for Profile of a Surface Reference to the Datum Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 34
K Honda Surface Roughness Callout (ex. 12.5S) Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5
T GDT Callout Question Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
E Question on GD&T added to print - Positional callout for the small holes Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
E Position of a milled hex - Print Callout Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
K Thread callout - M22 x 1.0-6H 0.100R Thread Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
J Drawing Callout - Arrow pointing to an inner edge where there is a radius Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
P Taper Callout - Allowance in terms I've not seen before Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
6 Print Callout for a Special Thread - 1.173-18 UNS-3A Major Dia. Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
E Callout of a length dimension and then P.I at the end - What does that mean? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
J Help with a Metric Drawing Callout Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
T How to interprete .600/.625 depth in the drawing callout ? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
S GD&T Callout for Diametrical True Position Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
N The right method to Measure and Evaluate a Flatness Callout Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
F Reason a plane would have a runout applied and not a flatness callout Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
J Drawing Callout: "Holes must be in line" No Tolerance specified Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 12
J Perpendicularity Callout on a Print - GD&T Question Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
S Need help with Japanese Specification - Wire callout of "SWIC-F-SW-C" Customer and Company Specific Requirements 4
A Capability Studies for Profile (GD&T Callout) Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
J GDT True Position Secondary Callout Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
QMMike MS-DC28, Type B, CPN 2647 - anybody have any information on this callout? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
B Pointless GD&T Position Callout? Feature is labeled as a Key Characteristic Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 13
T GD&T: Boundary - Callout for an Oblong Hole (Slot) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 13
Frank T. ASTM F104 Callout Interpretation - .xls Excel Spreadsheet Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 0
CycleMike Profile of datum planes - Profile callout back to datum A (itself) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
J Angularity or Composite profile - Angularity callout on a recent print Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
B Dimensions and Tolerance Callout - Straightness of shaft - Concentricity Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
C True Position Question - What does this print callout mean? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
Ron Rompen Unusual GD&T Callout similar to the MMC or LMC symbol Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
E Capability study on true position callout. What would be the upper and lower spec? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
Ron Rompen Does this print callout meet ASME Y14.5 1994 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 25
G GD&T Help (Y14.5M-1994) - True position callout box on two dowel holes Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 16
J Gear Surface Finish - Print with the word "calibrated" Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
R Design and Manufacture Guidelines for Surface Mount Technology Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 8
M Active Surface Disinfectant Claims - FDA vs EPA and Hands vs Objects Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 0
P Gas Nitriding Surface Hardening of Stainless Steel 304 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S Difference between Surface Finish (Ra) and Flatness (GD&T) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
N Creepage - Does a surface mount isolator body negate a PCB slot? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 6
CCaantley Where to get a good test indicator stand for a granite surface plate General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
M Interesting Discussion Surface Cleanliness Real Time Test Tools General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
P Romer Arm - Profile of a Surface Changing General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
R Reporting Profile of a surface with U modifier Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
S Response Surface Method to create design matrix in Minitab Using Minitab Software 5
Proud Liberal Surface finish measurement (roughness) - Rz under the ISO standard vs ANSI standard Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
Proud Liberal Measuring axial and radial surface finish (16 Rz) on a broached internal radius Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
O Can a Profile of a Surface have a Diameter Symbol? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
Q Surface Roughness - Conversion of RS on a Print to RZ General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
S ARP 1820 Surface Contamination Testing Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1