Callout on Surface Finish

GoKats78

Starting to get Involved
On one of our drawings there is a call-out on the symbol in position c of SPBR. We are at a loss of what this abbrevation means

That part is a thin stamped part (0.15 mm)

Capture.PNG

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
Looks like they don't specify the surface finish...but call out only the method by which the SF is achieved? Doesn't make sense to me...

GoKats78

Starting to get Involved
We are tryng to figure out what the "SPBR" stands for that is in position C in the diagram I posted. That is not the drawing, i used that to clariry what I am trying to find out!

GoKats78

Starting to get Involved
You need to ask the customer.

It is not on the customer drawing...it is one a drawing made by our Japanese mother company..getting information from them is almost always difficult. I thought I would check here first as this is a great (and much more responsive) resource!

GoKats78

Starting to get Involved
The only SPBR I could identify was a specific type of liner bearing with a unique motion pattern. Is it possible that they are specifying that you use this linear bearing?

That's what I found..but in the application "a small stamp item - looks like a washer - that serves as a valve in a shock absorber ( what we call a damper) that answer didn't seem to make any sense!

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
If your dealing with a stamped part, it's a bogus callout. It would require a subsequent process.

Top Bottom