Can a external auditor raise a finding that is already identified in Internal Audit ?

insect warfare

QA=Question Authority
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Can a external auditor raise a finding that is already identified in Internal Aud

The question that I posed a few times and was never rebutted appropriately is: if you are working on a corrective action already for the internally triggered nonconformity, what is the harm for the external auditor to capture the same issue?

That's that way we should be approaching these issue, IMO....

I do have one theory, that the ones who naturally tend to argue with the notion of a CB "going over the same tracks" are usually ingrained in a culture of fear - that is, fear of reprisal from their top management for not fully resolving something before an audit takes place, no matter how ridiculous the situation is, or what the fallacies of their logic are. Whether they are self-aware of this or not is, for the most part, irrelevant.

I have worked for some employers, who get off so much on the anticipation of bragging to their stakeholders and other interested parties that "we were perfect when we got audited", that when something pops up during a closing meeting that it bruises their competitive egos, and the nuclear fallout can have a devastating and detrimental impact on others, further propagating that culture of fear.

Brian :rolleyes:

drgnrider

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: Can a external auditor raise a finding that is already identified in Internal Aud

<snip> ... fear of reprisal from their top management for not fully resolving something before an audit takes place, no matter how ridiculous the situation is, or what the fallacies of their logic are. <snip>

Or mine... Top manager used to be the QMR and created the QMS... who gets the "looks" at the closing meeting? :mg:

For two years running "no findings" from the CB, then get two NCs... time to suck it up and move on. I am actually happy to GET one or two findings, (not that management is), it tells me our system is growing and we are having to re-think what we "always do".

I really like the findings that IA finds, the proposed fix is summarily shot down then the CB finds them and gives an NC! :D

Top Bottom