Can anybody help me enlighten to IATF 16949?

S

ShamritkJosh

Good Morning everyone :bigwave: , I am a document controller of an IMS Certified Company and we are aiming to be an IATF 16949 v 2016 Certified next year...my difficulty is I really do not know where to start :bonk: and another thing my boss assigned me to spearhead the IATF 16949 project..I only have few knowledge about IATF 16949 and I want to understand where will I start?:confused:

Can anybody help me enlighten to IATF 16949?
like;
1. Where can I get the Customer Specific Requirements of OEM (HONDA)?
2. What documents are needed to comply with the standards?
3. What is the meaning of 8.6.3 "Apperance items"?

thank you so much.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
You can get the CSR from Honda.
Documents needed are laid out in the standard, starting with a quality manual.
Appearance items are visible to the final user. So they need to look pretty.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Good Morning everyone :bigwave: , I am a document controller of an IMS Certified Company and we are aiming to be an IATF 16949 v 2016 Certified next year...my difficulty is I really do not know where to start <snip>
Start by reading the standard, from beginning to end.

Contact your Honda SQA for information about their specific requirements. I'm not sure, but the IATF may also have information of customer specific requirements.

You should probably do some reading and searches here as, for example documents required by IATF 16949 has been discussed so there really isn't a reason to repeat them in this discussion thread: Documentation Required by IATF 16949 (Automotive QMS)

Appearance items are items which are essentially for show (looks, if you will). Again: Appearance Items - Appearance items are parts that are cosmetically important and seen by the customer. The leather on a seat would be an example. Chrome, paint, dashboards, carpet, etc. are typical appearance items.

S

ShamritkJosh

Thank you Golfman..that is one of my current problem, we are a tier 2 or 3 supplier and our main customer is not an IATF certified...

S

ShamritkJosh

Thank you Marc, our product is cushion sheet only..is it consider as "Apperance Item"?

I am not sure but my answer is No..correct me if i',\m wrong because some of the managers said we need to comply to that requirement..my question is if we were only a cushion sheet supplier how could that clause will be applicable to us?

thanks,

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
If it is not visible, it is not an "appearance" item. I doubt a "cushion sheet" would be because it isn't (I assume) visible. But be careful, for example, some external engine components are in some cases.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
Thank you Golfman..that is one of my current problem, we are a tier 2 or 3 supplier and our main customer is not an IATF certified...
Why are you doing this? IATF is very burdensome. If your customers or prospective customers aren't idemanding it, I would stay away.

If you don't supply Honda, you don't need to meet their customer specific requirements.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Can anybody help me with Management Review scenario please? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
V Can anybody help me to get knowledge about API (6A) certification Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 8
J Does anybody can give a help about GR&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
E Zero Defects - Can anybody Help me to compile the diagram? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 15
J Does anybody can give me a help about the calcuation about no defect on 6 sigma level Six Sigma 3
A Help - Anybody from Germany out there? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 0
B Does anybody know how to get older versions of Minitab to work in Windows 10? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 9
S Has anybody done IMS - Management Review Meeting ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 8
I Does anybody use Detection in medical device Design FMEA? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 25
S Can anybody share a sample risk assessment prepared based on ISO 17025:2017? ISO 17025 related Discussions 15
L Does anybody have quiz's available? ISO 13485:2016 Training Material Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
R Due Diligence - IGC USA - Anybody know anything about them? Registrars and Notified Bodies 8
P Is anybody happy with their Notified Body? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
A Does anybody know in which Standard can this attached Alarm Symbol be found? Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
C Can anybody explain h.2 equation of GUM? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 3
T Anybody been hurt by a flying triangular flapjack? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
R Can anybody tell me about p & np chart? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 4
S Anybody familiar with AHP Calibration Software? Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 3
W Is anybody familiar with IEC61010-1 Insulation Requirements? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
Y Training Plan/Schedule - Can anybody share a format or template for annual training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 10
G Example/Sample Part 21J - "Anybody's Design Organisation Exposition" EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 9
A Does Anybody use APIS (IQ-FMEA) Software in this forum? FMEA and Control Plans 2
P Has anybody had any experience with GM4350M? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
S Anybody in the Education Industry? Service Industry Specific Topics 18
1 Is anybody familar with Quick Response Manufacturing? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 6
6 Afghanistan - Anybody on this website working for companies in Afghanistan Immigration and Expatriate Topics 2
H Anybody miss me? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 10
Y Does anybody have any knowledge in Statistical Bin Limit (SBL)? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
P IAQG General Assembly Forum - Anybody out there attending? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
QMMike MS-DC28, Type B, CPN 2647 - anybody have any information on this callout? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
C ISO 9001:2008 lite - Anybody heard of it before? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
QMMike Anybody familiar with SPC-PC IV Explorer? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
S Medical Gas Pressure Regulators - Anybody had testing conducted at 450 bar? ISO 10524 Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 5
E Anybody knows about Steris Corporations Wave-lens Technology Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
A Can anybody provide a copy of ISO 9001:2008 standard ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
A Swimlane Diagram for Internal Auditing System - Anybody using this? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 13
T Does anybody know about EN45014? (Replaced by ISO/IEC 17050-1) Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
M Anybody seeing negative trends with Connector manufacturers? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
P ISO/TS 16949:2009 Status - Anybody know the target publication date IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 71
5 Is anybody aware of a VDA 2 Revision which includes parts of the APQP process? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 3
P Jishuken - Anybody familiar with this term? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 19
I Anybody know about DFA (Design for Assembly) ? Design and Development of Products and Processes 1
M Does Anybody have an ISO 22000 internal audit checklist for sharing? Internal Auditing 11
Stijloor Does anybody get a job from listings in the Cove? Career and Occupation Discussions 18
L Configuration Management, Need to review ISO 10007, anybody have one? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
D Anybody have any presentation example per TS16949? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
N Could anybody suggest a routemap for CE marking for invitrodiagnostic medical device? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
K Certified Project Manager - Is anybody here certified by AAPM for MPM? Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
Sidney Vianna Anybody using YackPack? If so, provide your comments. After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
W Preventive 5S - Does anybody have any idea about Preventive 5S? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 1