Can anybody help me enlighten to IATF 16949?

S

ShamritkJosh

Good Morning everyone :bigwave: , I am a document controller of an IMS Certified Company and we are aiming to be an IATF 16949 v 2016 Certified next year...my difficulty is I really do not know where to start :bonk: and another thing my boss assigned me to spearhead the IATF 16949 project..I only have few knowledge about IATF 16949 and I want to understand where will I start?:confused:

Can anybody help me enlighten to IATF 16949?
like;
1. Where can I get the Customer Specific Requirements of OEM (HONDA)?
2. What documents are needed to comply with the standards?
3. What is the meaning of 8.6.3 "Apperance items"?

thank you so much.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
You can get the CSR from Honda.
Documents needed are laid out in the standard, starting with a quality manual.
Appearance items are visible to the final user. So they need to look pretty.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Good Morning everyone :bigwave: , I am a document controller of an IMS Certified Company and we are aiming to be an IATF 16949 v 2016 Certified next year...my difficulty is I really do not know where to start <snip>
Start by reading the standard, from beginning to end.

Contact your Honda SQA for information about their specific requirements. I'm not sure, but the IATF may also have information of customer specific requirements.

You should probably do some reading and searches here as, for example documents required by IATF 16949 has been discussed so there really isn't a reason to repeat them in this discussion thread: Documentation Required by IATF 16949 (Automotive QMS)

Appearance items are items which are essentially for show (looks, if you will). Again: Appearance Items - Appearance items are parts that are cosmetically important and seen by the customer. The leather on a seat would be an example. Chrome, paint, dashboards, carpet, etc. are typical appearance items.

S

ShamritkJosh

Thank you Golfman..that is one of my current problem, we are a tier 2 or 3 supplier and our main customer is not an IATF certified...

S

ShamritkJosh

Thank you Marc, our product is cushion sheet only..is it consider as "Apperance Item"?

I am not sure but my answer is No..correct me if i',\m wrong because some of the managers said we need to comply to that requirement..my question is if we were only a cushion sheet supplier how could that clause will be applicable to us?

thanks,

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
If it is not visible, it is not an "appearance" item. I doubt a "cushion sheet" would be because it isn't (I assume) visible. But be careful, for example, some external engine components are in some cases.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
Thank you Golfman..that is one of my current problem, we are a tier 2 or 3 supplier and our main customer is not an IATF certified...

Why are you doing this? IATF is very burdensome. If your customers or prospective customers aren't idemanding it, I would stay away.

If you don't supply Honda, you don't need to meet their customer specific requirements.

Top Bottom