Can anybody help me with Management Review scenario please?

M

michaeld79

Hello there

My apologies if this is not posted in the right place. This is my first post on here, so please accept my apologies if in correct.

I am struggling with a mock exam question that I just cannot get my head around and wondered if anybody may be able to help?

The question is based around management review, and states that the company found it hard to get everybody in the same place at the same time for their management review meetings, so they now have a two tiered meeting, where management reps and departmental reps, have the meeting, then make a summary sheet that gets passed on to top management for review then finally the managing director for final sign off.

I would say that this is not a non-conformity, however does need investigating further, the trouble is, I am not sure what to investigate?

Any help at all would be much appreciated

Thank you in advance for any help

Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor
J

Jason PCSwitches

Re: Cany anybody help me with Management review scenario please?

The standard doesn't say that everyone has to be in the same room at the same time. It requires a review of the QMS at planned intervals by top management. As long as the target points specified are included this can be accomplished however best fits the organization.

On that note I would say no NC. The other end would be assessing the effectiveness of the review process itself. That could be a whole other story; which is where you should start your investigation.

M

michaeld79

Jason Thanks.

I agree that its not a NC.
However by the nature of the exam question, it must therefore need investigating.
I would look at how they are communicating their outcomes, but other than that im struggling with what else to investigate?

M

michaeld79

And thank you to whoever took the extra 'Y' from the thread title

Randy

Super Moderator
Yep, not a problem. Over the course of whatever top management determines to be an appropriate time period..week, month, year, or whatever, all that has to happen is that management perform some type of review (analysis, look-see, study, enlightenment, etc) of the required inputs and that they provide the required outputs...The who, where, when, and how is their business and nobody elses....The auditors job is to decide whether or not it (what is planned) is in fact happening, and whether or not it (what is planned) is effective (does it meet planned expectations and requirements)

Are you taking a course? Is there reference material you can review? Was this covered earlier - a similar situation, perhaps? Can you ask the instructor to clarify?

If you are taking a 'mock' exam, the idea of investigation must have been covered. Did you miss something for some reason? Can you get the instructor to re-capitulate?

We can give you all kinds of answers (bearing in mind, we have a huge variety of possible experiences, competencies etc to influence us). Usually, exams are (supposed to be) an evaluation of what you've learned from the course...

M

michaeld79

Thanks Randy.

So as an Auditor, I would just need to ask for evidence that whatever actions are agreed are being followed up

M

michaeld79

Thanks Andy

I have done an auditing course, however failed the written exam.
The main area I failed on was looking into investigations regarding Management review.

I have course material, however I am just trying to get as much information as possible.

Randy

Super Moderator
Thanks Randy.

So as an Auditor, I would just need to ask for evidence that whatever actions are agreed are being followed up
That's one part of it, yes...That is the reason an input into the (current) review process is "follow-up actions from previous management review"...Not only is it important that top management make decisions, it's just as important that those decisions are actually acted upon and something happens (part of the "improvement" evidence you also need to see as an auditor)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Can anybody help me enlighten to IATF 16949? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
V Can anybody help me to get knowledge about API (6A) certification Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 8
J Does anybody can give a help about GR&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
E Zero Defects - Can anybody Help me to compile the diagram? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 15
J Does anybody can give me a help about the calcuation about no defect on 6 sigma level Six Sigma 3
A Help - Anybody from Germany out there? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 0
B Does anybody know how to get older versions of Minitab to work in Windows 10? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 9
S Has anybody done IMS - Management Review Meeting ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 8
I Does anybody use Detection in medical device Design FMEA? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 18
S Can anybody share a sample risk assessment prepared based on ISO 17025:2017? ISO 17025 related Discussions 15
L Does anybody have quiz's available? ISO 13485:2016 Training Material Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
R Due Diligence - IGC USA - Anybody know anything about them? Registrars and Notified Bodies 8
P Is anybody happy with their Notified Body? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
A Does anybody know in which Standard can this attached Alarm Symbol be found? Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
C Can anybody explain h.2 equation of GUM? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 3
T Anybody been hurt by a flying triangular flapjack? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
R Can anybody tell me about p & np chart? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 4
S Anybody familiar with AHP Calibration Software? Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 3
W Is anybody familiar with IEC61010-1 Insulation Requirements? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
Y Training Plan/Schedule - Can anybody share a format or template for annual training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
G Example/Sample Part 21J - "Anybody's Design Organisation Exposition" EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 9
A Does Anybody use APIS (IQ-FMEA) Software in this forum? FMEA and Control Plans 2
P Has anybody had any experience with GM4350M? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
S Anybody in the Education Industry? Service Industry Specific Topics 18
1 Is anybody familar with Quick Response Manufacturing? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 6
6 Afghanistan - Anybody on this website working for companies in Afghanistan Immigration and Expatriate Topics 2
H Anybody miss me? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 10
Y Does anybody have any knowledge in Statistical Bin Limit (SBL)? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
P IAQG General Assembly Forum - Anybody out there attending? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
QMMike MS-DC28, Type B, CPN 2647 - anybody have any information on this callout? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
C ISO 9001:2008 lite - Anybody heard of it before? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
QMMike Anybody familiar with SPC-PC IV Explorer? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
S Medical Gas Pressure Regulators - Anybody had testing conducted at 450 bar? ISO 10524 Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 5
E Anybody knows about Steris Corporations Wave-lens Technology Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
A Can anybody provide a copy of ISO 9001:2008 standard ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
A Swimlane Diagram for Internal Auditing System - Anybody using this? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 13
T Does anybody know about EN45014? (Replaced by ISO/IEC 17050-1) Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
M Anybody seeing negative trends with Connector manufacturers? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
P ISO/TS 16949:2009 Status - Anybody know the target publication date IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 71
5 Is anybody aware of a VDA 2 Revision which includes parts of the APQP process? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 3
P Jishuken - Anybody familiar with this term? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 19
I Anybody know about DFA (Design for Assembly) ? Design and Development of Products and Processes 1
M Does Anybody have an ISO 22000 internal audit checklist for sharing? Internal Auditing 11
Stijloor Does anybody get a job from listings in the Cove? Career and Occupation Discussions 18
L Configuration Management, Need to review ISO 10007, anybody have one? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
D Anybody have any presentation example per TS16949? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
N Could anybody suggest a routemap for CE marking for invitrodiagnostic medical device? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
K Certified Project Manager - Is anybody here certified by AAPM for MPM? Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
Sidney Vianna Anybody using YackPack? If so, provide your comments. After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
W Preventive 5S - Does anybody have any idea about Preventive 5S? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 1