Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.
  • Google has changed ad sizes for some reason. I am investigating and will get the sizes reduced to what they have been until now. I apologise for the inconvenience.

Can anyone recommend some good book explaining ISO/TS 16949 requirements?

K

Krocpok

Hello!

The best one I've found so far is "Automotive Quality Systems Handbook: second edition" by David Hoyle. I rate this book as very good but a bit old (2005). I know that ISO/TS revision from 2009 didn't introduce any significant changes but some new trends in interpretation / implementation of the standard could arise.

Thanks for your help!

B

Brannan

I work in China where almost all manufacturers have "TS16949" certificates and 90% of factories are non-compliant. I'd like to find a book written with TS16949 in mind which teaches about quality control and explains the most important bits about TS16949 in layman's terms. Basically a guide of the top ten things a manufacturer could do to bring their factory more into compliance with TS16949. Something that is written to help companies improve their quality along the road to TS16949 compliance. Like a "TS16949 for Dummies" book. Does anybody know of such a book?

B

Brannan

Has anybody ever heard of the book “What Every Employee Needs to Know About ISO/TS 16949:2002” by ISO Pocket Guides (now called QMS Pocket Guides). This seems like a book that might meet my expectations but I am not sure.

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hello!

The best one I've found so far is "Automotive Quality Systems Handbook: second edition" by David Hoyle. I rate this book as very good but a bit old (2005). I know that ISO/TS revision from 2009 didn't introduce any significant changes but some new trends in interpretation / implementation of the standard could arise.

Thanks for your help!
David Hoyle's book is great. Still applicable to the current version. Did you check Karen Welch's book?

Has anybody ever heard of the book ?What Every Employee Needs to Know About ISO/TS 16949:2002? by ISO Pocket Guides (now called QMS Pocket Guides). This seems like a book that might meet my expectations but I am not sure.
Must be a small book! Every employee doesn't, in fact, need to know very much about ISO/TS 16949!

LUV-d-4UM

I work in China where almost all manufacturers have "TS16949" certificates and 90% of factories are non-compliant. I'd like to find a book written with TS16949 in mind which teaches about quality control and explains the most important bits about TS16949 in layman's terms. Basically a guide of the top ten things a manufacturer could do to bring their factory more into compliance with TS16949. Something that is written to help companies improve their quality along the road to TS16949 compliance. Like a "TS16949 for Dummies" book. Does anybody know of such a book?
I do not believe that someone should even author a book on TS16949 for dummies. Use the book by Hoyle. Managing the TS16949 requires more than just a dummies point of view.

I also recommend the ELSMAR COVE for all your challenges. The members of this forum are consultants of high caliber.

Regards,:agree:

B

Brannan

Well, here is a list of the books I came up with:

Automotive Quality Systems Handbook, David Hoyle ($86.52)

Memory Jogger TS 16949:2002 ($4.95)

What Every Employee Needs to Know About ISO/TS 16949:2002, Harold J. Steudel ($6.99)

The ISO/TS 16949 Answer Book, Radley M. Smith ($31.36)

TS 16949: Insight from a Third-Party Auditor, Karen Welch ($39.00)

The ISO/TS 16949 Implementation Guide, Chad Kymal ($39.95)

I hope some people find this list useful.

Charlie

LUV-d-4UM

Well, here is a list of the books I came up with:

Automotive Quality Systems Handbook, David Hoyle ($86.52)

Memory Jogger TS 16949:2002 ($4.95)

What Every Employee Needs to Know About ISO/TS 16949:2002, Harold J. Steudel ($6.99)

The ISO/TS 16949 Answer Book, Radley M. Smith ($31.36)

TS 16949: Insight from a Third-Party Auditor, Karen Welch ($39.00)

The ISO/TS 16949 Implementation Guide, Chad Kymal ($39.95)

I hope some people find this list useful.

Charlie

I recommend David Hoyle with Karen Welch for Process Audit checklist.:applause:

Top Bottom