Can I press our suppliers for certifications of their products?

V

vasilist

HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point)

Hello to all of you!

If my company ( in the field of foods) that i work for as a quality assurance manager hasn't been certified for HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) can i press our suppliers for certifications of their products?

If some of them aren't willing to give these certifications , do i have something to press more , using European food law maybe?

Can these suppliers deny my claims for audit?

(in the end we are going to stop working with them but until then i really would like to know if i can use any law legislation)

Thank you very much in advance.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
G

Giver

I surely wish I could give you a definitive response, but I am not it the food service field. My only observation would be that you should position yourself/company to have multiple suppliers so that you might have more clout in initiating your business ideals and plans.

Sure this is a mamby-pamby response, and maybe all of your possible suppliers could buy you out with a wave of the hand.

Just remember that all we all have in this field (quality) of business is reputation and integrity. Use it well and things can and will fall in place.

Just as an example, my line of business just so happened to be that of a supplier to auto companies that consigned their goods to us for further processing.

The conundrum is that even though we sell them a value added process, they are still the suppler. How does a 10-30 mil supplier call up G.M. and tell them that they sent us scrap parts to process and we refuse to accept their product?

Talk about taking it in both ends and saying "yes sir, how high" to the buyer and the suppler when they are one in the same!!!!!

Good luck and tread carefully!:)

A

Aaron Lupo

You can force can supplier to do anything (if you are big enough). Your supplier works for you and should try to meet all your quality and technical requirements. Your company can always choose to use a different supplier, if they refuse to get HACCP.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Corrective Action Response for Missed bumps on brake press Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
M Informational Team-NB published a press release regarding the survey run among its members to analyse the certificates being issued Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Team-NB published a press release regarding the capacities of notified bodies to meet the sector needs Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Medical Device News Team-NB publishes a press release regarding the designation process in the framework of the IVDR regulation – Regulation (EU) 2017/746 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J Mechanical Press Machine Foundation Requirements and Recomendations Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
V Root Cause help needed - Sheet metal breaking at press Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 9
Z Stamping Press Die Specification Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
O Need Example PFMEA for Turret Punch Press Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
K Machine Press Tooling Operation Inspection Samples Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
F ISO 9001 Quality Management System for Printing Press ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
T Break Press or Bending A36 Carbon Structural Steel Plate Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
J Press Brake Tooling / Back Gauging - Holes for the back stop instead of the Part Edge Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
R Microbiological Cleaning Validation of Tablet Press Machine Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 6
L Calibrating Press Brakes, How to do? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
E Traceability in Press Shop - Metal Parts Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 11
A Process Validation Format for Press (Stamping) Operations - Help needed APQP and PPAP 11
G Company or organization press NSA 211.00 specification Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
P Tool (Press Tool & Plastic Mould) Buy Off Template Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 6
C Wabash Press Calibration - Lab-sized Wasbash Presses General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
S Advice Please regarding CE Marking requirements for Printing Press CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
B Legal requirements - India - Painting, press shop, machining Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
B Question on ISO 9001:2000 for a Printing Press Implementation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
Sidney Vianna Press releases that makes you wonder World News 19
L Attribute gage in stamping press as poke yoke Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
P Single Minute Exchange of Dies and Rollfeeds - SMED in press shops Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
D Filtration Industries - Fabrication in Filter Press, Fluid bag, drier bag or etc. Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
C Is stamping or press operation considered as noise pollutant? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 9
D Work Instructions - Press Settings - TS 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
P Die (Press Tool) Manufacturing Process Key Indicators (KPI) Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
Wes Bucey Some companies "muzzle" employees to prevent them talking to press Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 7
Hershal Press release regarding the USMC and IAS World News 2
J Book Review: Internal Audit Training from Patton Press Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 10
Marc US TAG176 Press Release - 12 August 1999 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 0
P Managing How PPAP Requirements are Communicated in the Manufacturing Process and to Suppliers APQP and PPAP 4
B General Motors and Honda Alliance - What does this mean to suppliers? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
S Conflict Minerals - Tin Suppliers CMRT Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 2
T ISO 13485 - Process validation at critical suppliers ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
P Mylar plot suppliers in accordance with D6-51991 document AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
T Reaction Plan To Drive suppliers to IATF 16949 registration IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
I Approved Suppliers ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and used test equipment ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
C Critical Suppliers for EU medical device approvals May 2020 EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Who should receive the bills from suppliers and vendors, account payable or procurement? Consultants and Consulting 4
P Qualifying commercial off the shelf (COTS) external suppliers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
Nicole Desouza Are Shipping Companies Suppliers? Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
J Painted cut threads - ASME Pipe Suppliers Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
G ISO 9001 8.4 applied to 7.1.3 - Suppliers of infrastructure requirements - IT and Print solutions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
P IATF 16949 Clause 8.4.2.3 - Justification for non-certified suppliers IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
J Requirements for customer directed suppliers Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5
R Supplier Controls we can place on Single-Source Suppliers ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
L Audit boundaries - Is a Registrar permitted to audit a company's QMS by visiting their suppliers? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 26