Can I produce Cosmetics and Household Cleaning Products in the same Facility?

L

lacarrye

A small team wants to start an small manufacture of cosmetics, cleaning products and auto detailing products. The question is, can they do it in the same facility using dedicated equipment?. The company will be registered as an LLC. I will appreciate an expert point of view of this and if something which would be in non compliance, I will appreciate possible solutions.

Thank you!!! John :frust:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Please be patient. Not many people from the cosmetics industry visit the forum and since people replying and helping people are doing it as a courtesy, so to speak, when (or if) you will get an answer is hard to say.

I wish every question was answered promptly, but this forum relies on the generosity of people who volunteer their time and help out. On most of the topics that are covered here, I think we do a pretty good job.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q When to write up a nonconformance and require a NCR - We produce labels ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
G ISO 17025:2017 7.1.2 - Should I produce a document for the customer? ISO 17025 related Discussions 8
J Efficiently Produce Control Plans and FMEAs FMEA and Control Plans 1
AnaMariaVR2 Japan puts produce where its mouth is World News 0
C We supply a component & produce whole product, who requests PPAP to other suppliers? APQP and PPAP 9
B How maintain an AS9100 QMS that allows us to produce non-AS product AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
R Document control of software? Software packages that produce documents Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
Marc Silicon-based chip that can produce laser beams - Major computing advancement After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
V OEM is asking for a specific FMEA to produce first articles IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
Marc India's Tata Motors to Produce $2,200 Car World News 20
J Can an assembly process produce 2 PPM (Parts Per Million)? Manufacturing and Related Processes 18
P How to Produce a Technical Fle - EC Marking Guidance Needed - MDD 93/42/EEC directive ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
A I've Been Asked to Produce an Idiots Guide to ISO9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 28
A Software Validation - CAD-type program that will produce Engineering drawings ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
T PPAPs for job shops that produce short run assemblies (i.e 100 to 10,000 units) APQP and PPAP 9
B Clause 4.19 Servicing - Mold Makers and do produce some parts off customers molds QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 2
S Drugs and Cosmetics Rules - India Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
N ISO 22716 Cosmetics - Hygiene (hair restraints specifically) Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
Ajit Basrur J&J's licence for cosmetics at Mulund plant (Mumbai, India) cancelled Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
L Nutritional, Cosmetics and Cleaning Products in Same Facility Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 3
T Incoming Testing for Non-Woven Materials used for Pharma Products and Cosmetics Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
Ajit Basrur Cosmetics Manufacturer Audit Checklist US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 9
Ajit Basrur CDSCO Guidelines for Port Officers on Imp and Export of Drugs & Cosmetics Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 0
Ajit Basrur Audit checklist for Cosmetics US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
A Cosmetics - List of Banned ingredients in the US ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
O NDCs and Cosmetics that contain a "Drug Product Active Ingredient" US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
O Personal Care/Cosmetics Testing Requirements Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
O Cosmetics (otc) with Drugs - Expiration dates and three years stability / shelf life ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S Request for TC61 Document for Household Appliance Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2