Can manufacturer select AR for MDD different from AR for RED?

Yasuaki

Involved In Discussions
Could anyone tell whether manufacturer not located in any member state can select an authorised representative for MDD which is differrent from an authorised representative for RE directive, for a single product covered by both MDD and RE directive?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I can't personally help, but for those of us following along:

AR = ???
RED - ???

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Could anyone tell whether manufacturer not located in any member state can select an authorised representative for MDD which is differrent from an authorised representative for RE directive, for a single product covered by both MDD and RE directive?

I don't know of any legal requirement that prevents you from having 2 different ARs.

AR = Authorised Representative
RED = Radio Equipment Directive

pkost

Trusted Information Resource
I'm also unaware of any restriction in the MDD (can't comment on RED). Although I would think it makes sense to keep them the same.

That being said the new MD regulation which isn't yet in force (or even final) will require a level of competence on the part of the AR. If there are similar competence expectations in RED then it would make sense to keep them seperate

Yasuaki

Involved In Discussions
Thank you, Marc.:thanks:

Meaning of abbreviated words mean the followings as Ronen E shown.
AR = Authorised Representative
RED = Radio Equipment Directive

Thank you Ronen E.:applause:

Yasuaki

Involved In Discussions
Thank you, pkost.:thanks:

Some consultants who want to be an authorised representative of RE Directive do not want to be an authorised representative of MDD.

So, I asked.

Top Bottom