QMS for Life Sciences
Elsmar Cove Forum Sponsor

Can not start Personal Conversations

TheMightyWife

Involved In Discussions
I am also in the dental industry in the UK (8 years in some Quality but mostly Design). Feel free to contact me personally if you want to network. I'm sure we can help and assist each other in any specifics going forward.
Thank you, I'm unable to send you a PM (it might be due to my inability to use this forum! :bonk::vfunny: ).
Can you try please?

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
NOTE: Until a registered visitor has 10 posts (if I remember correctly) they can not start a Private Conversation. This is a Spam prevention method. Al, you can start a Conversation with someone and that person can reply in it, though.

I will rethink the negative effects of this restriction.

Al Rosen

Staff member
Super Moderator
NOTE: Until a registered visitor has 10 posts (if I remember correctly) they can not start a Private Conversation. This is a Spam prevention method. Al, you can start a Conversation with someone and that person can reply in it, though.

Thanks for the clarification, Marc

TheMightyWife

Involved In Discussions

Indeed, I'm unable to start new private conversation but I thought I posted more than 10 times?
I have been sending private messages last month, before the interface changed (by clicking on person's avatar, it gave me the option to send PM but it's missing now).

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
Indeed, I'm unable to start new private conversation but I thought I posted more than 10 times?
I have been sending private messages last month, before the interface changed (by clicking on person's avatar, it gave me the option to send PM but it's missing now).
I will double check the permissions settings.

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
I will be investigating this again.

However - Please remember that registered visitors can Turn Off Private Conversations in their Privacy Preferences: https://elsmar.com/elsmarqualityforum/account/privacy

User Privacy Settings-a.jpg

User Privacy Settings.jpg

The Default Setting when someone registers is "Members" but it can be changed. I mention this because you may be wanting to start a Private Conversation with someone who has it turned off.

As a test, you can always try to start a Private Conversation with me. If you see a link and you have posted at least 5 posts you should see a link to "Start a Private Conversation" when you mouse-over my avatar.

I also want to remind everyone that the reason for limitations on Private Messaging for people with less that 5 (I'll double chack but I think I reduced it from 10 posts, is that in the past vBulletin days we found some people would register but never post, with the intent to send people SPAM messages. We found out when occasionally someone would use the Report link to report the spam.

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
If I click on a user's name, I can see a "Start Private Conversation" button there - if one didn't feel like using the ribbon at the top.

Cove 001.png

Top Bottom