Can not start Personal Conversations

Marc

Retired Old Goat
Staff member
Admin
Thanks for pointing that out Roxane - That, or the member's info page. The one I showed at the top in the "ribbon" is where each member can go to set their Preferences.

I guess I should also add that anyone with privileges to start a private conversation can start one with someone who doesn't have privileges to start one (assuming that person doesn't have them turned off in their Privacy settings) and that person will receive it and be able to reply. This only has to do with privilages to Start a Private Conversation.

TechnicalGuy

Research and Development
All seems to be working now, I highlighted you Marc and the option did not appear, I even got an odd message when trying to access my Private msgs:

1542640374975.png

But after a quick refresh of the browser I can now private message! Hopefully everybody else who had issues have a similar outcome.

TheMightyWife

Starting to get Involved
Thanks for pointing that out Roxane - That, or the member's info page. The one I showed at the top in the "ribbon" is where each member can go to set their Preferences.

I guess I should also add that anyone with privileges to start a private conversation can start one with someone who doesn't have privileges to start one (assuming that person doesn't have them turned off in their Privacy settings) and that person will receive it and be able to reply. This only has to do with privilages to Start a Private Conversation.
I'm still unable to start a private conversation through person's avatar (as Roxane mentioned) but I was able to reply to @TechnicalGuy .
Am I not privileged ? ;) I also can't start private conversation through ribbon option, I'm guessing something isn't right...

JoshuaFroud

Involved In Discussions
Having seen this thread pop up, it prompted me to check the status of my Private Messages.

I'm also having the "Oops we ran into some problems - You do not have permission" page so can not send them and not sure if I can receive.

Marc

Retired Old Goat
Staff member
Admin
Unless it is turned off in your Privacy settings, you can receive them and reply in any that someone starts with you.

Still trying to figure out how to make a user group "promotion" work as it should.

When I attempt to use the toolbar across the top I get this message:

Oops! We ran into some problems.

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

And I cannot initiate messaging via the avatar field, but I am able to revive old messages in my files. Have I not posted enough in the new system?

I've begun a new assignment that was pitched as a rescue mission for a new AS9100 outfit but is turning out to be not as advertised. Remind me again why I do this ?

Top Bottom