Can our prototype control plan meet the requirements?

Y

Yasunari Kuo

When we prepare our prototype control plan for punched car audio case, we have included incoming inspection about width, thickness,etc. ,in-process and outgoing inspections almost of the items. What we cannot decide is whether we should include inspections such as tensile strength, bending test, hardness, chemical compounds analysis, for which we only confirm whether we have received the Certificate of conformance from our suppliers for steel , copper alloy sheet. If we include these items, do we need to present related experiment reports from either the suppliers or any third party lab? Is our control plan acceptable to the CB auditors? Hope I can get some commments on this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
Yasunari Kuo said:
When we prepare our protetype control plan for punched car audio case, we have included incoming inspection about width, thickness,etc. ,in-process and outgoing inspections almost of the items. What we cannot decide is whether we should include inspections such as tensile strength, bending test, hardness, chemical compounds analysis, for which we only confirm whether we have received the Certificate of conformance from our suppliers for steel , copper alloy sheet. If we include these items, do we need to present related experiment reports from either the suppliers or any third party lab? Is our control plan acceptable to the CB auditors? Hope I can get some commments on this.

As I see it if you do not normally do it the in incoming inspection include conformation of Certificate to spec in the Control Plan.
Do you receive a COC or a COT which has the results?
Do you have a spec for the material?
What is the customer definition of the material, does it include requirements?is it for a standard defined material?
Supplier lab results should be acceptable in my opinion.

Y

Yasunari Kuo

Thank you for quick reply.
As for COC/COT, they have results.
As for material spec, we have got a JIS standard.
As for our requirements, they do have specific requirements about the hardness, etc.

The question is how we inlcude our confirmation of COC in the control plan. And do we need extra experiment reports from our supplier or any outside lab?

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

Since you are asking about Prototype Control Plan, I would suspect your customer would need the testing results (but then again, maybe not). If you are just receiving certificates of compliance, have no intention on performing the physical testing, and that is OK with your customer - I would address it as merely reviewing the certificates as you receive them. If the testing is to be performed "ongoing", I would think you would need to include the test results as a "control" in your Control Plan, whether you, you're supplier, or an outside lab perform the testing.

Hope I've understood you're question.

Bill

Top Bottom