Can YOU help? --> Unanswered questions <-- (Other than Marcelo's Informational posts)

Can somebody help me to show a 'delta-FMEA' example?

U

Umang Vidyarthi

With great thanks!
:bigwave:Hello bool2004, Welcome to the cove:bigwave:

Harry has already provided you all from the files' list.I am attaching two more. Hope this helps.

Welcome to the Cove.

I think delta-FMEA is dFMEA or design FMEA. Have a look at examples in our 'post attachments list'.
Delta stands for Critical characteristic which may effect safety, compliance with Government regulations, and/or for special controls. The sign used is inverted delta.

Umang :D

Attachments

B

bool2004

Thanks both of you, but I heard "delta-FMEA" is from Europ company, use for process difference risk analysis, looks mostly like process FMEA application, not Design FMEA. In actually, the traditional FMEA 3 catelogies: System FMEA, DFMEA and PFMEA somehow not covered all the applications now, such as many people use as 'Change-FMEA' to assess the "Change" risky, and tool FMEA (or machine FMEA) etc..

Jim Wynne

Super Moderator
Thanks both of you, but I heard "delta-FMEA" is from Europ company, use for process difference risk analysis, looks mostly like process FMEA application, not Design FMEA. In actually, the traditional FMEA 3 catelogies: System FMEA, DFMEA and PFMEA somehow not covered all the applications now, such as many people use as 'Change-FMEA' to assess the "Change" risky, and tool FMEA (or machine FMEA) etc..
A Google search for "delta fmea" (with quote marks) returns mostly hits in German, usually with references to Volkswagen's VDA. I've never heard of a delta FMEA myself, but perhaps one of our European folks, or someone who's dealt with VDA and Volkswagen, can shed some light.

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
A Google search for "delta fmea" (with quote marks) returns mostly hits in German, usually with references to Volkswagen's VDA. I've never heard of a delta FMEA myself, but perhaps one of our European folks, or someone who's dealt with VDA and Volkswagen, can shed some light.
From what I have been able to gather based on my knowledge of German, is that the Delta FMEA focuses on potential risks associated with a change in an existing part or process. So it takes an existing FMEA record and the FMEA Team would only focus on the potential failure modes associated with the change. This obviously speeds up the implementation of the necessary modified controls. It's in my opinion is not much different from what the AIAG manual covers.

Stijloor.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
This sounds like an extension of Toyota's Design Review Based on Failure Mode. There is a thorough discussion on that here. It recommends something similar to a delta FMEA if you have an effective FMEA system to start with.

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
This sounds like an extension of Toyota's Design Review Based on Failure Mode. There is a thorough discussion on that here. It recommends something similar to a delta FMEA if you have an effective FMEA system to start with.
I will contact a few of my German engineering friends who work for automotive suppliers. They may be able to help me with an English version/example of a Delta FMEA.

Stijloor.

antoine.dias

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi,

When googling "delta FMEA" some sites in German com up as Jim already explained.
Translating these sites I gathered that a "delta FMEA" is an FMEA set up for a new (or changed) product (or process) for which they start from an existing FMEA and only look at the "deltas" between the new (or changed) and the existing one.

So both Jim and Stijloor were right.

Best regards,

Antoine

Top Bottom