SBS - The best value in QMS software

Can someone take a look at my QM (Quality Manual)?

D

danjmaddox

Hi
I have recently joined a small company and one of my 1st tasks was to take there existing manual and modernise it.
I have in the process been able to slim down the manual, but as this is my
1st attempt at manual writing i was wondering if someone could take a look and tell me what they think.
I have asked our BSI auditor to review the manual but he says that wont be necessary and to issue it and if any changes need to be made then he will address them on his next visit.
This manual will need to be updated again sometime over the next 12 months as i have been told that they now intend to pursue TS16949.
The problem is if it is any good in the 1st place. It has the same content as before but in a process flow format.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: Can someone take a look at my QM?

Dan - Hi, I have had a brief browse through your manual. I suppose it is wrong to answer a question with another question but - what are you intending to do with your quality manual?

The reason for the question is that there is quite a lot of detail in there e.g. para 1.6.2 states that the MD will inform customers when products are outside of your scope, will he really? I am not sure if the Q Man also contains the procedures.

If you are being asked by customers for a copy of your manual then I would produce a particular type of manual, if you are doing it only to satisfy clause 4.2.2 then I would produce a different one.

The manual also seems to follow an unusual direction - was it converted from an old ISO 9001:1994 manual rather than being re-written?

D

danjmaddox

Re: Can someone take a look at my QM?

Dan - Hi, I have had a brief browse through your manual. I suppose it is wrong to answer a question with another question but - what are you intending to do with your quality manual?

The reason for the question is that there is quite a lot of detail in there e.g. para 1.6.2 states that the MD will inform customers when products are outside of your scope, will he really? I am not sure if the Q Man also contains the procedures.

If you are being asked by customers for a copy of your manual then I would produce a particular type of manual, if you are doing it only to satisfy clause 4.2.2 then I would produce a different one.

The manual also seems to follow an unusual direction - was it converted from an old ISO 9001:1994 manual rather than being re-written?
Hi
Yeah the original manual was a mess, i was asked to update the manual by converting it into flow charts. As its my 1st time i wasnt aware that the original manual was out of date so i assumed that it was okay. What should i do next?

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
Well, I go back to my original question, what do you want it to do for you?

Firstly, I would separate the quality manual from the procedures - not essential but it usually makes for easier management of the system. You may choose to search the forum for good ideas on the structure of a QMS.

I would re-write the QM into a neater, more concise form so that it can be given to customers who ask without providing all of your detailed procedures. The procedures can then be issued to those who need them inside the company without the QM attached, as long as they have access to the QM it should be fine.

M

massfrompak

YES I HAVE VIEWED YOUR COMPANY'S QM

FRIEND
first of all i have to say that you have made a great effort to show your businee processes graphically but i think there some thing short... you should follow this sequence of presentation

entity---inputs-----process-----outputs.... proces owner... persons involved... iso clause ref#---

where 'entity'contains the supplier which may cause to give infromation
'inputs' may contain documents or information
'outputs' may be some product or some final reports/documents
'process owner' the person which is primly involved
'person involved' may be departments and their interactions or some supporting people ivloved in the whole process.
'iso caluse referece' provide the reference of iso applicabel clause

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Any future for someone working as Lead Quality right these days? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
L Does someone has experience with a Supplier "Quality Watch" Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
Q COQ (Cost of Quality) - Would someone review this doc and offer feedback? Benchmarking 10
K Could someone verify the levels of quality management system standards Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
Sidney Vianna Someone is threatening to sue Quality Digest over an old article World News 9
E Quality 101 - Recommendations on books, etc. for someone new to Quality Engineering Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
A When someone refuses to follow a process.... Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 20
M Can someone share a scrubbed version of Clinical Evaluation Plan (CEP) EU Medical Device Regulations 8
I "On the job training" as a response to how someone was trained? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 75
I Root Cause Analysis when someone simply stops performing a task? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
T Misbranding (by someone we've contracted with) in a Publication 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 15
Q QI Macro Histogram - Can someone define *sorted data*? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 7
J Can someone help me get the UCL AND LCL for this problem? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
A Can someone provide an example of a Product Safety Policy? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
L To share or not to share? Work distribution when someone goes on vacation Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 19
B What is the implication for someone who does not meet the 70% pass mark for QMS-Lead. Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
C Can someone share example of FAI Inspection Plan ? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 10
R Full Time Internal Auditor - Where should I be looking for someone? Career and Occupation Discussions 15
P Can someone share their experience with KFDA Inspection ? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 30
M Medical Device Regulation in Mongolia - Can someone help? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 3
R Someone can help me with the Volkswagen LiOn and BeON-QPN System? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
S Do Work Instructions need to be approved by someone other than the author? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 14
E Can someone help me with ISO 11539:1999 for contact lens classification? Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
Jim Wynne Someone better "diffuse" me before I asplode Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
B Does someone use APQP for non automotive industrie? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
D En 62366:2006 - Can someone explain what EN 62366:2006 covers? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
G I hope someone can give me a hand.. Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 4
1 Career Advice - What someone with my qualifications can shoot for Career and Occupation Discussions 7
S Seek advice from someone that passed through NADCAP AC7102 and AC7101/3 Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 6
M Total Variation Formula - Can someone provide a source for this formula Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 11
K Internal Audit Guidelines for someone new Internal Auditing 12
Q Can someone share an Excel spreadsheet to measure Cpk or Cp values. Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 15
P Device marketed by someone else & different name...is a 510(k) required? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 18
J Can I get someone to help critique this manual? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 19
S Could someone tell me what are the results of a Gage R&R & how to interpret it? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
F Can someone to help to compare APQP and DMAIC? Six Sigma 10
C SPC presentation - How to convince someone to use SPC - Grind diameters Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
D Can Someone help me to understand....... Imported Legacy Blogs 3
Q REACH - Is it not the same as RoHS /IMDS? Can someone explain? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
J Sine Plate Charts - Someone lost the angle chart - Where can I get one? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
C Can someone clarify "Resolution", "Discrimination" and "ndc"? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
A Internal Auditor - What is required to have someone qualified as an internal auditor? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 35
M Inspector Qualifications - Qualifying someone to be an inspector Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 12
ScottK Can someone clarify the Trans Fat thing? i.e. What = Bad Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 8
GStough Looking for someone with experience in MDD, PPE, CMDR/CMDCAS regs General Auditing Discussions 1
H What I am trying to find is someone that remembers Memphis in the nineties Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 10
ScottK Can someone explain the marketing behind this ad? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 21
M Escalation methods - Having to go over someone's head to address an issue Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
E Synchronicity - Has someone lived an Event of Synchronicity? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
S DMR Index - Can someone share their Device Master Record Index structure or format? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 15