Can the mandatory procedures of ISO 9001-2008 be documented within one procedure?

J

JLSMITH

Good Morning All:

I need clarification on the mandatory procedures of ISO 9001-2008. The company that I work is going implementing ISO to become certified. We have/had a Quality System ISO compliant, but there are certain procedures that need clarification.

My question is since we currently have a procedure QAP 4.13 Control of Non-Conforming Material (8.3 element) can the mandatory procedures Corrective Action and Preventive Action be incorporated into that procedure?

Also can Control of Records (4.2.4 element) be incorporated into another already existing procedure?

Thank you for your help in this matter and looking forward to your suggestions.:confused:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
~~~ Welcome here to the COVE JLSMITH ~~~
As long as you have the documented procedure in your quality management system you are OK. All these procedures can even be a part within your quality manual.

J

JLSMITH

Thank you for your help!

Yes we do have a documented procedures within our Quality management System but the numbering system doesn't follow the sequence numbering of ISO. Is that a okay if I put a cross reference chart in the back of the manual?

Thanks again for you help...
JLSMITH

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
Thank you for your help!

Yes we do have a documented procedures within our Quality management System but the numbering system doesn't follow the sequence numbering of ISO. Is that a okay if I put a cross reference chart in the back of the manual?

Thanks again for you help...
JLSMITH
Yes, That is as simple and done. The quality manual has the reference to the documented procedures.

Good Morning All:

I need clarification on the mandatory procedures of ISO 9001-2008. The company that I work is going implementing ISO to become certified. We have/had a Quality System ISO compliant, but there are certain procedures that need clarification.

My question is since we currently have a procedure QAP 4.13 Control of Non-Conforming Material (8.3 element) can the mandatory procedures Corrective Action and Preventive Action be incorporated into that procedure?

Also can Control of Records (4.2.4 element) be incorporated into another already existing procedure?

Thank you for your help in this matter and looking forward to your suggestions.:confused:
I'd suggest NOT doing that. There is no need to take corrective action when dealing with non-conforming product - you are allowed to do other things. So, in my experience to incorporate the two procedures will be confusing.

What is the idea behind combining these procedures? Records can be dealt with in other documentation, for example. I wouldn't combine it with document control, for example.

And, you don't need to number documents, least of all referenced to ISO. A simple table would suffice if you really have to!

Welcome to the Cove, JLSMITH :bigwave:
Is that a okay if I put a cross reference chart in the back of the manual?
JLSMITH
Yes it is, and not only that: There is in fact no requirement for any cross reference chart or indeed any numbering of clauses at all in your system. What you are required to do is to cover the requirements of the standard, but how you choose to set up your written procedures is up to you.

Mind you, most of us do use numbered clauses. :notme:

/Claes

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T ISO 9001:2008 Mandatory Procedures in Quality Manual ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 26
M Quality Manual - ISO 17025 required Mandatory and Operational Procedures ISO 17025 related Discussions 7
F ISO/CD 9001:2015 - The 6 mandatory requirement (procedures) are extend to 9 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
K 6 Mandatory procedures of ISO 9001 to meet ISO 22000 Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 1
V Mandatory Procedures required by ISO 14001-2004 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 10
A Type of evidence for Mandatory procedures 4.4.2 A ad 8.5.1 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
B Control of Mandatory Procedures and Supplementary Procedures ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
B ISO9001 Mandatory Documented Procedures help ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
Z List of Procedures and Mandatory Tests for an IRM Magnet in Europe EU Medical Device Regulations 3
A Which should be documented first? The six mandatory procedures or other processes? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
B Mandatory Documented Procedures in OHSAS 18001? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 18
B Question regarding Mandatory Procedures and Manual AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
K Are there only 6 mandatory procedures for AS9100? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 22
Y Mandatory Documented Procedures - What processes do mandatory procedures belong to? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
A Do you need a separate procedure for the 6 mandatory procedures ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
S Which are the 7 mandatory procedures for TS 16949 Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
S Mandatory Procedures - Does AS9100 REV B require mandatory procedures? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 12
J Can it be Done Optional Procedures to Follow? (Not mandatory) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
S Mandatory Procedures as per EN AS 9100 standard AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
Ajit Basrur List of mandatory or required procedures for 21 CFR Part 820 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
S Mandatory Procedures for Aerospace Services Organization - AS9100 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 13
F Is it mandatory to change right away all the procedures header ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
D Distribution Center mandatory addition to Certificate? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
J Mandatory Problem Reporting and Recalls Canada Medical Device Regulations 0
Dazza 9001, 14001 and 45001 mandatory documents and records cross reference matrix Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 2
S IEC 60601-2-30 - Is it mandatory to claim alarms? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
B What regulates DICOM Viewer? Wat are the mandatory info that shall be displayed on the screen? Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
Pau Calvo Quality Management process is mandatory in ISO9001? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
earl62 What is the best way to control special characteristics in Control plan? Is it Mandatory to have SPC for IATF 16949? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
A Is it mandatory to obtain ISO13485 certificate prior to CE marking? EU Medical Device Regulations 8
K Is UDI (Unique Device Identifier) symbol mandatory under EU MDR? EU Medical Device Regulations 3
K Class III Kit Box - Are translations mandatory under EU MDR? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
M When is EN 62133-1 (new version i.e. IEC 62133:2017) mandatory in EU Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
S Mandatory documents vs shall "something" but without mandatory documents ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
O Is it mandatory for Medical Devices to work properly after dielectric strength tests? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
M What is PESTLE Analysis and is it mandatory? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
F ISO 17025:2017 mandatory documentation requirements ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
D Is Human Factors testing mandatory for a 510(k) submission? Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 16
K Mandatory Documents for EU authorized Representative under MDR CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 8
Sidney Vianna Interesting Discussion Hello IAF. Are you listening? Please explain the inconsistency in your IAF Mandatory Documents (2019) ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 6
M Informational Health Canada – Mandatory reporting requirements for hospitals Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Sidney Vianna The mystery of an IAF Mandatory Document disappearance ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 6
S IATF 16949: Is "Certified" Internal Auditor mandatory? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
R US FDA Mandatory Labelling contents for an OTC medical device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
K Is Compliance Testing of IEC 60601-2-63 mandatory for Europe - Dental X-Ray machine CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
N IATF 16949 - Mandatory Corporate Documents IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
S Are Defibrillator Protection and Pacemaker pulse detection features mandatory as per IEC 60601-2-25 or 2-27...? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 11
C ISO 7010 m002 mandatory action - Color requirements on Packaging IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
K Is Defib Protection mandatory for wearable ECG? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 10
U Whether First Article Inspection Report- FAI is mandatory for regular Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 4