Can two different companies share the same document?

N

nurhakim

hi..

i work in a company with established Qms system. Now one more new company will join us,they will share same Qms as the former company.As such, there will be 2 company names in 1 each documents i.e. Quality manual, procedure and form. Our appointed certification body/auditor can accept the change.However my collegue was concern about other documents e.g. company letterhead, invoices, etc. I need opinions from you who can help clarify this. Big thanks to all.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

insect warfare

QA=Question Authority
Trusted Information Resource
This is something that your colleague should get directly from the horse's mouth (your top management). A corporate entity should be able to communicate what their policy is regarding company logo usage on letterhead, invoices (and the like) if they ask them nicely. We outsiders could tell you all day long about what we think is right or optimal, but your top management will know for sure, and what they dictate will pretty much be treated as gospel.

Brian :rolleyes:

N

nurhakim

Ya big thanks to you... I decided before I post this thread to ask my top mgt about this, but I can only do that tomorrow.

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
hi..

i work in a company with established Qms system. Now one more new company will join us,they will share same Qms as the former company.As such, there will be 2 company names in 1 each documents i.e. Quality manual, procedure and form. Our appointed certification body/auditor can accept the change.However my collegue was concern about other documents e.g. company letterhead, invoices, etc. I need opinions from you who can help clarify this. Big thanks to all.
Company letterhead, invoices, are not part of your QMS documents I suppose.
They form part of the company official communication format for any external authentic communication and the Invoice are Company specific commercial format.
When you differentiate what makes a QMS document and what does not, you will get more clarity.

N

nurhakim

Obviously we have in our system where the form-invoices are numbered like other quality reco
ords.But during the iso audit the invoices are not what the auditor looking for. If I

john.b

Involved In Discussions
I worked with a QMS that covered a second company scope since it covered outsourcing work done at a different company. A sizeable division and a lot of their work functions were under the system scope.

Our auditor wasn't concerned about records relating to both companies, aside from normal document control process: including key records in the document control system, referencing other supporting records in indexes, etc.

They were more concerned that management control of the scope of services under both systems was unified enough to meet requirements for management control and review (setting policy, management review, etc.).

T

tomvehoski

I set this up with two small companies many years ago. Same ownership, shared employees (only around 5) and same building. The document system showed both company names. Customer facing documents, like invoices, would only show the legal entity involved on that side.

The registrar issued two certificates, so technically had to do two audits - but they were done at the same time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Design Transfer between two companies with different QMS CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
T QMS/MDD scope - Two companies located in different places work together Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 10
S Single Warehouse used by two different companies - One is ISO 13485 registered Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
K ISO9001 Certification - Group of companies operating in different sectors ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 48
automoto Corporate Audit Scheme - 4 companies at different sites IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 16
C Outsourcing production processes - Employee overlap at different companies ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
M A common APQP between different companies? Alliance New Product Quality Procedure APQP and PPAP 12
D Different Policies Companies Have - Safety, Quality, Harrassment, Security, Handling Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
K Biocompatibility Testing - Multile products of different sizes and shapes US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
T Different Authorized Representative and distributors in Saudi Arabia Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
P Design verification driven by new equipment. How is this different than process validation? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
R Yield Plot for different groupings Using Minitab Software 3
R IEC 60601-1 - Different methods of achievement of the isolation IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
T Defining sampling plan for different AQL AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 1
F How do you add accuracies for tools with different measurement devices? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
R Does any here use an internal auditing tool that works on different platforms? Internal Auditing 3
H What is different between PED certificate and CPR certificate? Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
R QMS Standard appilications on different Defense Sector Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 1
A Statistical Analysis - Check if these organisms at different concentrations affect the growth of wheat seedlings Using Minitab Software 4
M Different procedure templates for different standards - We have two different management systems ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M Identical Sales Package in Different Countries Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 0
E Different requirements for Class II and Class III Medical Devices Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 5
C Subsidiaries; same/different Quality Policies? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
Q Controlling documents in two different Applications ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
A Touch current in single fault conditions test and earth leakage current in normal conditions test, are they really different tests? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 8
H IFU in different language other than English EU Medical Device Regulations 5
J Ethicon Suture - Why Ethicon specs are different internationally Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 0
A Torque Value for Different types of Fasteners (Socket Head, Button Head, CSK) Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
M Different websites for different markets - FDA, Health Canada or other requirements Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 4
C PCBA Hardware Component different failure types - How to rate detection? FMEA and Control Plans 8
E Different types of Actions? CARs, OFIs or N/A ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
J DoE (Design of Experiments) - Multiple responses with different factors Using Minitab Software 2
smryan ISO 9001:2015 8.6 & 8.5.1.h) - Redundant or different? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
V Additional Controls for processing the raw data on different computers (processing system) Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 5
MrTetris Informational Risk Register - Same hazardous situation, different severity of harms ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 7
A PFMEA severity score different applications FMEA and Control Plans 11
xfngrs How similar or different are IATF 16949 Vs. ISO 13485 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
I Requirements for different Labeling Levels 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
S CE Marking requirements - A Medical device with different config sold under same name EU Medical Device Regulations 0
B IATF 16949 - Different Registrars for remote and manufacturing sites? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
W Transport validation to different climate zones ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
W Design and Process Validation - Different? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M Is it ok to provide a different language upon request? EU Medical Device Regulations 25
O New stability - Yes or No - Similar product but for different intended use EU Medical Device Regulations 1
P Any official doc/spec on different types of Yield calculation? Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
R Medical devices certified by different notified bodies EU Medical Device Regulations 6
V Software as control or protection will lead to different Software Safety Class? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 18
M I have 3 different factors - DOE help Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
Q Is it acceptable to mix components from two different lots into an assembly? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
H Numbering for documents with same content but different language ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4