Can two different companies share the same document?

N

nurhakim

hi..

i work in a company with established Qms system. Now one more new company will join us,they will share same Qms as the former company.As such, there will be 2 company names in 1 each documents i.e. Quality manual, procedure and form. Our appointed certification body/auditor can accept the change.However my collegue was concern about other documents e.g. company letterhead, invoices, etc. I need opinions from you who can help clarify this. Big thanks to all.

insect warfare

QA=Question Authority
Trusted Information Resource
This is something that your colleague should get directly from the horse's mouth (your top management). A corporate entity should be able to communicate what their policy is regarding company logo usage on letterhead, invoices (and the like) if they ask them nicely. We outsiders could tell you all day long about what we think is right or optimal, but your top management will know for sure, and what they dictate will pretty much be treated as gospel.

Brian :rolleyes:

N

nurhakim

Ya big thanks to you... I decided before I post this thread to ask my top mgt about this, but I can only do that tomorrow.

somashekar

Leader
Admin
hi..

i work in a company with established Qms system. Now one more new company will join us,they will share same Qms as the former company.As such, there will be 2 company names in 1 each documents i.e. Quality manual, procedure and form. Our appointed certification body/auditor can accept the change.However my collegue was concern about other documents e.g. company letterhead, invoices, etc. I need opinions from you who can help clarify this. Big thanks to all.
Company letterhead, invoices, are not part of your QMS documents I suppose.
They form part of the company official communication format for any external authentic communication and the Invoice are Company specific commercial format.
When you differentiate what makes a QMS document and what does not, you will get more clarity.

N

nurhakim

Obviously we have in our system where the form-invoices are numbered like other quality reco
ords.But during the iso audit the invoices are not what the auditor looking for. If I

john.b

Involved In Discussions
I worked with a QMS that covered a second company scope since it covered outsourcing work done at a different company. A sizeable division and a lot of their work functions were under the system scope.

Our auditor wasn't concerned about records relating to both companies, aside from normal document control process: including key records in the document control system, referencing other supporting records in indexes, etc.

They were more concerned that management control of the scope of services under both systems was unified enough to meet requirements for management control and review (setting policy, management review, etc.).

T

tomvehoski

I set this up with two small companies many years ago. Same ownership, shared employees (only around 5) and same building. The document system showed both company names. Customer facing documents, like invoices, would only show the legal entity involved on that side.

The registrar issued two certificates, so technically had to do two audits - but they were done at the same time.

Top Bottom