Can we exclude 7.3 Clause of TS 16949

I

isash123

Hi All, new to this so please bear with me. Let me introduce myself, I am Shashank and I have recently started working as Quality Manager for an Tools manufacturing and presswork company - Tier 2 supplier.

My company is looking into implementing TS standard and I am doing some background study about it. I am looking for some suggestion or probably direction towards TS 16949. As mentioned above we manufacture tools by out sourcing designs and also manufacture parts in press using customer supplied tools which may or may not be manufactured at our site.

So I was wondering that it would be difficult to justify that we want to implement TS standard only in manufacturing of parts side (Presswork), and not in tooling section.

Can we exclude part of business during the implementation of TS standard?

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
Hi All, new to this so please bear with me. Let me introduce myself, I am Shashank and I have recently started working as Quality Manager for an Tools manufacturing and presswork company - Tier 2 supplier.

My company is looking into implementing TS standard and I am doing some background study about it. I am looking for some suggestion or probably direction towards TS 16949. As mentioned above we manufacture tools by out sourcing designs and also manufacture parts in press using customer supplied tools which may or may not be manufactured at our site.

So I was wondering that it would be difficult to justify that we want to implement TS standard only in manufacturing of parts side (Presswork), and not in tooling section.

Can we exclude part of business during the implementation of TS standard?

TS 16949 only applies to manufacturing of parts, or services. It does not apply to toolmaking. So, you might be able to do what you are suggestion. When you select a registrar, they can give you further guidance.

S

sitapaty

You can restrict your scope of bussiness to automotive parts only and exempt toolings.In any case you cannot claim exclude any automotive part.

Last edited by a moderator:

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions
Yes we exclude Design from our TS certification. But the process is outsourced and the supplier is being monitored per TS requirement.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Yes we exclude Design from our TS certification. But the process is outsourced and the supplier is being monitored per TS requirement.
Not sure what is meant here, but, so there are no doubts for people who read this thread in the future, if an organization outsources PRODUCT DESIGN, they CAN NOT exclude product design from their QMS and still claim compliance (much less certification) to ISO/TS 16949. In other words, outsourcing of a process is no justification to exclude it from your QMS. The organization is still responsible for controlling the outsourced process.

Further, while the IATF rules allow for automotive organizations to claim exclusion to product design, when JUSTIFIED, I believe that process design can NOT be excluded.

Top Bottom