SBS - The best value in QMS software

Can we Exclude Design and Development clause in ?Industrial Design? Company?

K

kashizadeh

Can we Exclude Design and Development clause in “Industrial Design” Company?

I work for “industrial design “company. Our company design product for manufactures.
We do not manufacture what we design. Our out put is some maps. We do not design our design approach. Can we exclude design and development clause from our QMS?:confused:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
K

kashizadeh

Re: Can we exclude design and development clause in “industrial design” company?

Anybody does not respond to me?
please help. it is very important for me.

Randy

Super Moderator
Re: Can we exclude design and development clause in “industrial design” company?

You're a design company and you want to exclude design? Sure I don't see why not. It's your system, do what you think is right.

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin

I work for “industrial design “company. Our company design product for manufactures.
We do not manufacture what we design. Our out put is some maps. We do not design our design approach. Can we exclude design and development clause from our QMS?:confused:
Can you please clarify what it is that your company does?

Wes Bucey

Quite Involved in Discussions

Anybody does not respond to me?
please help. it is very important for me.
Please understand that you posted during the North American weekend when Cove visits are at their lowest point in the week. You will probably receive more responses as folks log on from work Monday and Tuesday..

In response to your query, it is crucial for us to know whether
  • you draft designs in response to customer direction (like a draftsman making finished drawings from an engineer's sketches)
    or whether
  • you create designs and then sell them to customers who then manufacture them (like an architect who sells plans to a builder or developer who then constructs the buildings.)

K

kashizadeh

Re: Can we Exclude Design and Development clause in “Industrial Design” Company?

We are architects planner engineers company and we create designs and then sell them to customers who then manufacture them.

Re: Can we Exclude Design and Development clause in “Industrial Design” Company?

Your product is Designs or drawings, do you design your designs?

If you design and create your product which are designs I would say you designed it and cannot be excluded!

If you are not designing anything just transposing a design for a customer then you may be excluded!

:mg:

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Staff member
Super Moderator

I have bolded the comment in your quote to emphasis the need to include "Design" in your scope, in my opinion.

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator

If your sole product is designing designs (wow, what a mouth full), just exactly what would you be registering to ISO 9001 if you exclude the design element? :confused: Sorry, I don't mean to sound sarcastic about this, I truly do not see any benefit in registering a design firm excluding design.

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions

I guess that the confusion may arise that design could be considered their 'product realisation'. However, I agree that they should not be looking to exclude it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Can this Contract Manufacturer exclude Clause 7.3? Design and Development ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
L Audit Nonconformance - NCR because we exclude Design and Development ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
J Can We Exclude ISO9000:2000 Clause 7.3.7 (Control Of Design And Development Changes)? Design and Development of Products and Processes 7
J Not Design Responsible - Can we exclude all or parts of AS9100 clause 8.3 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
Q Can we exclude design if we do not physically design our product? 7.3 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
S Design Review: Can I exclude Custom Products ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
I AS9100 - Would like to know if I can exclude the design Design and Development of Products and Processes 6
D Design of Services - Can a Heat Treating service exclude parts of 7.3? Design and Development of Products and Processes 7
B My company makes product to order - Are we design responsible? Exclude 7.3? Design and Development of Products and Processes 17
A What To Clauses Exclude - AS9100D AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
qualprod ISO 9001:2015 Clause 8.3 - Is it possible to exclude one product but include it in other? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
a_bardi Is it possible to exclude internal audit from qms scope? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
D Can we exclude purchasing and supplier evaluation - ISO9001:2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
I Can we exclude 7.3 Clause of TS 16949 Design and Development of Products and Processes 5
S Can we exclude our subsidiary company from our ISO 9001 certification? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
S PFMEA Assumption to Exclude Latent Failures FMEA and Control Plans 6
A Developing Technology and Equipment to Manufacture Clients Product - Can exclude 7.3? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Fender1 Management Wants to Exclude a Customer Product Line from Registration Scope ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
N To Exclude Or Not - ISO 13485 7.5.3.2.2 and 8.2.4.2 - Plastic Pellets ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
E Is it Possible to Exclude Top Management (CEO, Chairman) in the QMS? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
A ISO 9001 Clause 7.5.5 Preservation of Product - Apply or exclude? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 23
H Planning of Product Realization - AS9100 Clause 7.1 - Can we exclude 7.1f? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
B Can we neglect (exclude) the ISO 9001 Calibration clause? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
D Can I exclude Customer Property? ISO 9001 Clause 7.5.4 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 36
G Can a testing laboratory exclude section 7.3 of ISO 9001? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 2
P Which aspects of section 7 can I justifiably exclude? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
B Can I exclude 7.5.1 & 7.5.2 (Control of Production & Validation) from our QMS? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
J Can I exclude Service even though we do some service? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
N Scope of Certification - Can we exclude Distribution? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
Z Can we Exclude the Validation of Process Clause? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
N Contract Review Question - China manufacturing site to exclude 7.2.2? Contract Review Process 6
L Can you exclude ISO 9001 Clause 7.3 completely from QMS? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
J New TL 9000 Released - Can Exclude more than Clause 7 Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 0
Casana Auditor changing ISO 9001 AUDIT scope midstream - Cannot exclude all of 7.3 anymore General Auditing Discussions 26
Q In ISO 9001:2000 Can We Exclude Some Customers and Products from our registration? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 25
C Service - Must we exclude in the Scope? Service Industry Specific Topics 5
N Example for design and development planning,input,output,review,verification,validation and transfer Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
A 8.6 Release of products and services, 8.3 Design and development - evidence required ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
C Stress / Challenge Conditions for Design Verification Testing to Reduce Sample Size 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 11
J Significant change related to design and intended use EU Medical Device Regulations 3
S Traceability of requirements to design and risk Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
U NOC - What is considered a "design change" EU Medical Device Regulations 5
Q PPT used as Design Review ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
D Design Verification Sample Size vs Repeats Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
A Design and development procedure for API Spec Q2 Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 6
D Design controls - Inputs, outputs, V&V, DHF, DMR ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
LostLouie Manufacturer divorced from Design process, is he justified in design process deficiencies? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
R DFA & DFM - Examples for Design for assembly and design for manufacturability Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 2
D Using Laboratory Notebooks in R&D and Design and Development ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
D ISO 13485 - 7.3.6 Design and development verification - Do most folks create a separate SOP? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4