Can we exclude purchasing and supplier evaluation - ISO9001:2008

D

Dubai_capi

hi,

we are a finance department that working to qualify for iso:9001:2008.. purchasing only deal with kitchen stuff, stationaries etc.. so they are not linked to customers requirement.. we prepare public budget etc..

can we exclude purchasing.. and supplier evaluation..

thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: can we exclude purchasing and supplier evaluation iso:9001:2008

hi,

we are a finance department that working to qualify for iso:9001:2008.. purchasing only deal with kitchen stuff, stationaries etc.. so they are not linked to customers requirement.. we prepare public budget etc..

thanks
Looking more inside, do you purchase any other type of service that directly / indirectly will impact your deliverable to your customer ... ?
Are there any of your process that you outsource ... ?

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
hi,

thanks
Hi,

My first question would be: What are the customer requirements for your business? Your customer (likely a consumer) may not know what their requirements are. What gives your customer satisfaction?

For example your business would buy software or license software that must meet certain requirements (often there is a legal aspect). So, purchasing must have to specify these requirements, find a supplier, evaluate this supplier and verify these requirements when delivered. (also would include any update / patches / bug fixes to your software). Providing correct information to your customer is key.

Another example:
Your business could decide that your stationary (or web site) is critical to your business success and customer satisfaction. (correct name, correct logo, correct reference to your licenses, correct size/font).

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
hi,

thanks
In short, very unlikely that you could exclude purchasing.

Remember, that if you outsource your work (i.e. attorneys, CPA or other entity) that prepare reports or audit your facility could easily fall under the supplier aspect since they are providing a service to you. Calibration or repair of office equipment might be consider by auditors as outsourcing your requirements.

M

Mallya

I think the issue here you did not elaborate in details. What is your processes?
I would suggest to go through your processes and check, whether purchasing/suppliers are not involved, but to my understand of todays business, it's very difficult to operate without suppliers, and therefore, hard to exclude.

Thanks

Benny

T

t.PoN

ISO 9001:2008 allows you to exclude purchasing and supplier evaluation for certain cases.

As a finance department, the following types of services might be purchased:
1. Legal consultation
2. Software and programs
3. Accountants and consultants
4. Publications and regulations
5. Travel, accommodation and transpiration
6. communication and emails

you should look where is your budget being spent, then decide.

Also, I want to add this: Purchasing is defined as Acquiring goods or services to achieve goals.

This said, Purchasing doesn't mean you are paying. any free service that you have (for example as part of fund ...etc) is considered as purchasing and the supplier should be evaluated.

but are you a company working in finance or just a finance department in a company?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dubai_capi

ISO 9001:2008 allows you to exclude purchasing and supplier evaluation for certain cases.

As a finance department, the following types of services might be purchased:
1. Legal consultation
2. Software and programs
3. Accountants and consultants
4. Publications and regulations
5. Travel, accommodation and transpiration
6. communication and emails

you should look where is your budget being spent, then decide.

Also, I want to add this: Purchasing is defined as Acquiring goods or services to achieve goals.

This said, Purchasing doesn't mean you are paying. any free service that you have (for example as part of fund ...etc) is considered as purchasing and the supplier should be evaluated.

but are you a company working in finance or just a finance department in a company?
we are preparing a budgetfor the gov. the purchasing is not responsible for legal consultation contracts or software purchases.. our programs are unified through the gov and are provided centrally to all gov department by one gov dept that deals with all software and programs... but we have a purchasing officer to deal with purchases..
on the other hand we have a center, within our department that does purchasing for other deparmtnets (small entities) the small entities outsourced their purchasing to our center to do it for them.. we do recieve purchasing request from then through this center.. the purchasing is devided into 2 persons that handle the internal purchasing that i talked abt ealier for exclusion and the external one that am talking abt right now..

thanks for help

D

Dubai_capi

For less speculative answers, please share:

• what is your product (service)?
  • who are your customers?

Until that is clear, there is a lot of guess work at play.
we are a gov department that prepares the budget for the government, deal with banks for providing funds for gov..deal with investors to buy gov shares.. approve different gov budget..approve and transfer funds to different funds.. we recieve gov revenues..
our customers are mainly the gov departments itself and we deal with accountants, financial controllers and directors in those departments..

I

in_cr_ove

hi,

thanks
it seems that you are a service provider in the financial sector.
with that understanding, the following may be included:
1. any services being bought/ outsourced
2. any material being purchased that is critical to your business processes
vendors for any other material need not be appraised

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A What To Clauses Exclude - AS9100D AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
qualprod ISO 9001:2015 Clause 8.3 - Is it possible to exclude one product but include it in other? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
a_bardi Is it possible to exclude internal audit from qms scope? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
J Not Design Responsible - Can we exclude all or parts of AS9100 clause 8.3 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
I Can we exclude 7.3 Clause of TS 16949 Design and Development of Products and Processes 5
S Can we exclude our subsidiary company from our ISO 9001 certification? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
S PFMEA Assumption to Exclude Latent Failures FMEA and Control Plans 6
Q Can we exclude design if we do not physically design our product? 7.3 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
A Developing Technology and Equipment to Manufacture Clients Product - Can exclude 7.3? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Fender1 Management Wants to Exclude a Customer Product Line from Registration Scope ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
N To Exclude Or Not - ISO 13485 7.5.3.2.2 and 8.2.4.2 - Plastic Pellets ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
E Is it Possible to Exclude Top Management (CEO, Chairman) in the QMS? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
A ISO 9001 Clause 7.5.5 Preservation of Product - Apply or exclude? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 23
H Planning of Product Realization - AS9100 Clause 7.1 - Can we exclude 7.1f? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
S Design Review: Can I exclude Custom Products ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
L Can this Contract Manufacturer exclude Clause 7.3? Design and Development ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
B Can we neglect (exclude) the ISO 9001 Calibration clause? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
D Can I exclude Customer Property? ISO 9001 Clause 7.5.4 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 36
G Can a testing laboratory exclude section 7.3 of ISO 9001? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 2
P Which aspects of section 7 can I justifiably exclude? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
B Can I exclude 7.5.1 & 7.5.2 (Control of Production & Validation) from our QMS? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
J Can I exclude Service even though we do some service? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
N Scope of Certification - Can we exclude Distribution? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
Z Can we Exclude the Validation of Process Clause? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
N Contract Review Question - China manufacturing site to exclude 7.2.2? Contract Review Process 6
L Can you exclude ISO 9001 Clause 7.3 completely from QMS? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
L Audit Nonconformance - NCR because we exclude Design and Development ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
K Can we Exclude Design and Development clause in ?Industrial Design? Company? Design and Development of Products and Processes 12
J New TL 9000 Released - Can Exclude more than Clause 7 Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 0
Casana Auditor changing ISO 9001 AUDIT scope midstream - Cannot exclude all of 7.3 anymore General Auditing Discussions 26
I AS9100 - Would like to know if I can exclude the design Design and Development of Products and Processes 6
Q In ISO 9001:2000 Can We Exclude Some Customers and Products from our registration? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 25
D Design of Services - Can a Heat Treating service exclude parts of 7.3? Design and Development of Products and Processes 7
J Can We Exclude ISO9000:2000 Clause 7.3.7 (Control Of Design And Development Changes)? Design and Development of Products and Processes 7
C Service - Must we exclude in the Scope? Service Industry Specific Topics 5
B My company makes product to order - Are we design responsible? Exclude 7.3? Design and Development of Products and Processes 17
B Purchasing AS9100D Standard in Japanese AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
L Purchasing procedure and workload ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
W Non-Conformance from recent Audit carried out on Purchasing AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
D Do purchasing controls apply to non-medical parts? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
Q Purchasing requirements for Toll Manufacturers Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
R Do Brands Matter When Purchasing Bore Gauge? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
J COC (Certificate of Conformity) when NOT purchasing medical devices direct from the Manufacturer Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
R ISO 13485 purchasing QMS and ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
A Purchasing - Internal Audit Questions Internal Auditing 8
M Case study - If the restaurant (ISO 9001:2015 certified) was run by 2 persons covering cooking and purchasing processes (Mother and Father) supported ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
D Use of non-ISO 9001 Supplier - Purchasing through a distributor IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
M AS9100d Controlling External Provided Processes (purchasing 8.4) - The customer want us to use supplier X AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
S Purchasing for Design and Development Organization ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Q AS 9100 C and D Purchasing requirements difference AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2