Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Can we integrate both ISO 9001:2015 and API Q1 Management System Standards

lawcch

Involved In Discussions
it also depend how your company integrate your API Q1 and ISO 9001:2015. to me API Q1 or Q2 is more comprehensive than ISO 9001.

Eredhel

Quality Manager
Do you mean conforming or certified? I've worked at 2 companies that were AS9100/ISO9001 certified and API conforming. Just keep in mind that only API does certifications, you couldn't have a 3rd party registrar certify you to both.

lawcch

Involved In Discussions
Do you mean conforming or certified? I've worked at 2 companies that were AS9100/ISO9001 certified and API conforming. Just keep in mind that only API does certifications, you couldn't have a 3rd party registrar certify you to both.
I think the terms used in US and UK are different.
the meaning is the same...certified or conformed to the said standard and the certificate issued by certification body which accredited by national accreditation body or a government department/ division under a relevant standard. That national accreditation body must be a member of IAF or international accreditation forum.

Eredhel

Quality Manager
Ah, I didn't even think about those terms being used differently, thanks! If they want to be certified to both they'll have to do their normal ISO 9001 thing but then also have API come audit and such. Just wanted to make sure they realized that.

Ah, I didn't even think about those terms being used differently, thanks! If they want to be certified to both they'll have to do their normal ISO 9001 thing but then also have API come audit and such. Just wanted to make sure they realized that.
API's Quality Registrar (APIQR) provides dual registration to API Q1 and ISO 9001 with combined audits that cover both specifications.

Because APIQR seems to be the only major CB issuing API Q1 certificates (note that APIQR is ANAB accredited for ISO 9001 but not for API Q1), APIQR is a bit like a monopoly and may treat its customers accordingly.

Eredhel

Quality Manager
Ah, nice! So they'd just need to switch from their registrar. I'm not familiar with APIs audits but if they're getting API they might as well knock out ISO with them. Do you know if API does AS 9100?

Top Bottom