Can you leave sales out...

S

Skyking115

I'm currently debating this, can I leave the Sales dept. out of the scope? I mean as long as I address Contract Review. With our company, our Sales dept. is controlled by our corporate parents and they make their own policies.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I have never seen sales out of the loop - in every case they have played a part in defining (in one way or another) customer requirements. In addition, who makes up sales brochures - do they have any 'critical' infformation in them? I have seen sales documentation deemed 'controlled documents' by a registrar.

However - that said, some sales functions may not part of their responsibilities. The 'significant' question is: Does it (any given sales function/system) 'affect quality'?

[This message has been edited by Marc Smith (edited 12 April 2000).]

A

Alan Cotterell

I think , if you flowchart your delivery process for your product, you will find that the Sales Dept is an integral and essential component. Simply by completing the cycle by handling customer complaints, the sales dept provides 'opportunities for improvement', which are an important part of the quality system. The fact that the sales dept has it's own policies might be indicative of a problem,in itself. Closer liaison of sales, design and manufacturing departments can lead to better identification of customer needs, and a better product which can be built or manufactured. Uncoordinated policies can work against this approach. I cannot see how you can leave the sales dept out of the loop.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Customer Service/Inside Sales Will Not Leave Us (Quality Assurance) Alone! Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
S Should we get Quality Policy re-signed if the signatories leave? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
E What forms should be controlled? Vacation, sick leave, employee evaluations, etc? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
Marc Where can you leave a Trojan Horse? Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 3
A Recognizing when to leave a company Career and Occupation Discussions 11
A About the leave that an Employee is entitled?( Att :-Human Resources) Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
Wes Bucey Leave automotive for healthcare? Career and Occupation Discussions 15
S Hi to all... I am back from my maternity leave! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 10
Stijloor Leave it to Bill Clinton! Two U.S. Journalists in N. Korea Are Said to Be Pardoned World News 12
V Employee who has taken Sick Leave for Depression Career and Occupation Discussions 73
J Today it's 'Leave The Office Early' Day Career and Occupation Discussions 2
G Leave request ....very funny ....... Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 3
Jim Wynne Should I turn the lights out when I leave? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 24
Sidney Vianna Should we leave a better world for our children? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
S How to ask Leave from your Boss !! Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 2
Stijloor Memo to bosses: Leave office, hit the streets World News 6
A Documentation when "ISSUER" and "Approved By" leave the company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
J VSM (Value Stream Mapping) - Use constraints or leave 'wide open'? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 6
I 'Short processes': Can we leave them undocumented? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
T Would you leave the Quality Assurance profession given the option? Career and Occupation Discussions 228
G Free Sales certificates for Medical Devices - List of countries EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M Covid Free Statements for Implants and sales reps. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M Should volume of sales be factored into risk probability assessments? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 33
Q On Time Delivery KPI for sales? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M Identical Sales Package in Different Countries Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 0
W Core Process Metrics AS9100D for Product Planning? Quotes and sales? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
Farley.0 QMS Sales Goals & Quality Objectives Manufacturing and Related Processes 22
I Sales Documents in scope for ISO-9001:2015? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
N Requirements for the identification and traceability of demo product for sales force US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
C Are we required to obtain a Certificate of Free Sales for export to China? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
S Handling Cost of Sales requests for Customer Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
A ISO 9001:2015 Implementation for Marketing and Sales Companies ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
S Customer Corrective Action requests and Sales Employees Promises AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
G 7.3 Design and Development in a Sales and Service Organisation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
S Sales Department Internal Audit Internal Auditing 24
S ISO9001:2008 for Sales Office ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
Y Local Agent and Sales Rights in countries like Brazil and Russia Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
Q Which ISO/TS 16949 clauses are applicable to auditing Quoting and Sales? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 19
M Manufacture and Sales of GHS Labels and Pictograms Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 1
Ajit Basrur China breaks world record for car sales in 2013 ! World News 1
S Auditing Sales and Marketing Processes and Technical Support Canada Medical Device Regulations 2
J Setting Quality Objectives for Service, Repair and Sales ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
K Supplier or outsourced? Medical Device installation, sales, training Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 7
I International Sales Legal/Regulatory Gray Area? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
E Marketing and Sales involvement in 8.2.1 Customer Satisfaction ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
E Validation of SAP Purchase Order and Sales Order modules Software Quality Assurance 7
B Performance Evaluation for my boutique's Sales Staff Benchmarking 7
C Implementing ISO 9001:2008 in a small Sales and Service company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 38
N When your Owner is the Sales Guy... Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
E List of Sales Procedures required for ISO 13485 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3