Cannot Export multiple sections from Excel to PDF without losing pagination

ISO_Man

Involved In Discussions
I have an excel spreadhseet with two worksheets. First work sheet is a two page section which, in Excel, prints as page 1 of 2 and 2 of 2, and the second worksheet is a one page section that prints in Excel as page 1 of 1.

Now - I try to export both sections to PDF and I still want them to have the same pagination, but when I export to a PDF it turns the two sheets into one document numbered 1 of 3, 2 of 3, and 3 of 3. It ignores the sections and original pagination.

Does anyone know how I can export and keep my formatting?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

ISO_Man

Involved In Discussions
Did you use the Microsoft Print to PDF option? Have you tried doing that with the individual sheets (two print jobs) instead of printing both at once?
Yes but the point is that I want to release the 3 pages as one approved document but the first two pages are printable as Page 1 of 2 and 2 of 2. That works in Excel but as soon as I print it to a PDF document it re-paginates into a single 3 page PDF document.

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Yes but the point is that I want to release the 3 pages as one approved document but the first two pages are printable as Page 1 of 2 and 2 of 2. That works in Excel but as soon as I print it to a PDF document it re-paginates into a single 3 page PDF document.
Are you saying that if you print the two sheets separately, the output formatting is OK? You shouldn't expect the output to conform to your expectations if you're printing both sheets at the same time.

ISO_Man

Involved In Discussions
Are you saying that if you print the two sheets separately, the output formatting is OK? You shouldn't expect the output to conform to your expectations if you're printing both sheets at the same time.
My point is that if Excel allows me to create a document as two separate sections and print it that way from Excel that there should be a way to expert it to PDF and keep that same
I think you can select the two tabs and save them as a pdf to get what you want.
That's what I've been doing - it still produces a single document three pages long numbered 1of3, 2of3 and 3of3

Johnnymo62

Haste Makes Waste
Are you trying to change the pdf page numbers? I don't know how to do that. My excel page numbers stay what they are but the pdf shows 1 of 3, etc. You might try getting rid of the pdf page numbers.

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
My point is that if Excel allows me to create a document as two separate sections and print it that way from Excel that there should be a way to expert it to PDF and keep that same
I asked a question that you didn't answer. Are you saying that if you print [to PDF] the two sheets separately, the output formatting is OK? The problem with what you're trying to do is that if you print multiple sheets en masse, you're going to get a single print job and the pagination will occur accordingly. Does the data you're using have to be on separate sheets? Can you copy the data from sheet 2 to sheet 1 for printing purposes?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
supadrai Possible to Submit a 510(k) if you have never, do not and cannot produce the device for which you're submitting the application? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
L How to evaluate the process capability of a data set that is non-normal (cannot be transformed and does not fit any known distribution)? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 12
BradM Cannot stay logged in Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 16
S Cannot create Rejects for TMV on a medical instrument with an LCD Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 10
K What is supposed to happen when a CA cannot be closed out or the root cause... General Auditing Discussions 1
insect warfare Cannot determine what type of medical device this product is.... 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
K Anyone who audits 8.2.2 cannot audit other clauses of the standard? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 31
rob73 If NB's (notified bodies) cannot be trusted how can we? EU Medical Device Regulations 39
C Document Control using Wiki - Cannot Create all Documents as Wiki Pages Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
K Corrective Action cannot be completed within the agreed time frame Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
X Cannot Verify until Customer uses Product - Clause 7.5.2 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
L Preventive Action should not / cannot be taken when rectifying a problem ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 94
W What can/cannot be placed on packaging/advertising relating to ISO/TS? Registrars and Notified Bodies 1
M 'Searched' virus? Cannot delete folder - HELP please After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 33
A Changes to QRI (Quick Reference Instruction)? What I can or cannot change ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
T Control Chart on Paper vs. Software where trend cannot be seen (Alarm only) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
J Is it true that the Quality Manual cannot be a Procedure? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 13
C What can I do if I cannot meet PPAP deadline? APQP and PPAP 4
D New thread ring cannot be threaded onto the truncated part of the master General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
E MSA Manual says the sum of EV,AV,GRR, and PV cannot equal 100%? Why? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
D Disaster Recovery Plan - I cannot find references to same in ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
C What is the best practice to label small tools (small pins) which cannot be scribed? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
A Goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 8
Casana Auditor changing ISO 9001 AUDIT scope midstream - Cannot exclude all of 7.3 anymore General Auditing Discussions 26
V MINITAB and non-normal unilateral tolerance data - Cannot confirm Ppk values Using Minitab Software 15
M ISO 9001 Clause 7.6 Measuring Devices cannot be excluded!? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 48
R 17025 Calibration Requirements - External calibration service cannot calibrate ISO 17025 related Discussions 4
T Some Suppliers to TS 16949 companies told they cannot register to TS 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
Casana Distributors cannot convert to TS? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
L I looking for a book, but cannot remember the name? . . . . HELP! Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 3
T Scope and Purpose - For some reason cannot seem to write anything - ISO 9001 - 7.2.2 Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
M Gage R&R and Capability - Between 10% and 30% and cannot be improved Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
Q Nonconformance vs. Nonconformity - I cannot find major and minor, either! Nonconformance and Corrective Action 36
A Can a US manufacturer put export only products on a CFG? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
W Direct to customer export of medical device (class I: prescription lenses + frame) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
J US Manufacturer of Export Only Exempt Products applying for CFG 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
D US Made class I CE Mark product for export only to EU Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
C Are we required to obtain a Certificate of Free Sales for export to China? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
G Medical Device export Shipping documents for US, EU and Asia Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
T U.S. Export of Medical Device to Iran Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
K Medical Device Listing for 801(e) Export of Uncleared 510(k)able Device Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
M Diversified Data Systems OpenMETRIC software Data Export Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 1
C US manufacturer of export only devices Other US Medical Device Regulations 8
P Sampling QC Requirements for Medical Electrical Device Export to Japan Japan Medical Device Regulations 1
S What are export requirements for Class I/II Medical Devices in Europe? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
R Equivalent CE for export to Japan - Stand exibition with LED lights CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
P Import-Export of Medical Device components into the US 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 24
K One time export to Saudi Arabia: SFDA and MDMA Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
B Options to export into the EU without a CE Mark (?) Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 3
Ronen E CDRH Export Certification and Tracking System launched Other US Medical Device Regulations 0