Cannot stay logged in

BradM

Leader
Admin
I still get logged out on this site. I am able to stay logged in on other sites; so I know it’s not my Iphone settings.

Any suggestions?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
iPhone model and iOS version? Did this just start happening? Is this the issue that was discussed before where when you leave the site and go to anther site and return, even though you had checked Stay Logged In it makes you log in again?

BradM

Leader
Admin
Iohone 8; IOS12.01.
It’s the same issue, but before I had it on three sites. Now, it’s just here.
The other two use xenforo also.

Matter of fact, I just logged in 10 minutes ago and it has alreadt kicked me out.

Marc

Leader
OK - I'm using Safari. I had the problem where if I visited another site and returned I would have to log in again.

I cleared all website data: Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

That also resolved some other issues. On my phone it was not saving logins. Once I cleared everything it asked me and I said Yes, save. Since I did that, I get the saved User Name and Password, press the Login and I'm in. No more having to type in my user name and password.

I am still doing some research because when I go to some other sites and then return to the forum I am logged out and have to log in again.

Delete history, cache, and cookies
Here's how to clear information from your device:
  • To clear your history and cookies, go to Settings > Safari, and tap Clear History and Website Data. Clearing your history, cookies, and browsing data from Safari won't change your AutoFill information.
  • To clear your cookies and keep your history, go to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data, then tap Remove All Website Data.
  • To visit sites without leaving a history, turn private browsing on or off.
When there's no history or website data to clear, the setting turns gray. The setting might also be gray if you have web content restrictions set up under Content & Privacy Restrictions in Screen Time.

Marc

Leader
Also - Make sure your bookmark is
Code:
https://elsmar.com/elsmarqualityforum/

(No www. prefix).

Marc

Leader
I just logged in 10 minutes ago and it has alreadt kicked me out

I am on the forums list (home) page for 35 minutes now and have not been "kicked out". Is this what you mean? Or are you visiting threads and such on the forum and at some point you are "kicked out"?

Marc

Leader
I just installed Firefox on my iPhone. After logging into the Elsmar forum, I can go to any site(s) I want and when I return to the forum I am still logged in.

This leads me to believe there is something happening with Safari.

I will keep testing...

BradM

Leader
Admin
Hey Marc!

It’s like my IPhone only “holds” my Elsmar for... say, a couple of hours, then I have to log back in. So I can be on this page, view different threads, etc. with no issues. It’s just when I am not on the page for a period of time (... >1 hour; maybe longer).

Top Bottom