Can't play MP4 files from Youtube

O

optuspre

Hello,
I can't play most of the mp4 files downloaded from Youtube, eventhough after installing latest 'k lite codec pack'. I'd tried software such as wmp, vlc, quicktimes, either it didn't play at all, or it play audio only.
Not sure I can get help here in this forum.
How can I play these mp4 files?
Please help.
Thank you!!

You mentioned that most of the mp4 files can not be played, i think you may llost some of "file" in your mp4 file, or you have made a wrong way to download videos off YouTube. how did you do that?

Also, you can download a firefox explorer plugin - VideoDownloadHelper to download a same video to see if that works?

And take another alternative of Any Video Converter to encode the unplayable files to a more common format like avi, wmv on your Windows 7.

I am use AppGeeker to handle my video files, never had problem with it. please note it has a built-in player to allows you to preview the imported videos, you can use it as a common palyer to see if your videos works.

Hope it helpful.

A

appishaiq

For VLC: VLC does play MP4 files, but it has strict limitations: VLC Media Player is only compatible with MPEG-4 ASP, DivX 4/5/6, XviD, 3ivX D4 and H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC. However, MP4 is a multimedia container format with many kinds of video and audio codecs. If your MP4 file contains a VLC unsupported audio or video codec, VLC won't play it.

For QuickTime: According to Apple Support Website, QuickTime can only support MPEG-4 (.mp4, .m4v), but MP4 is a complex video container with various video and audio codecs. That's why sometimes QuickTime plays MP4 well, sometimes doesn't.

In order to solve your issue, you'd better to change MP4 from YouTube to VLC and QuickTime supported formats.

Just Google search: "Convert MP4 to QuickTime Formats to Solve QuickTime Won't Play MP4 Issue" or "Faa Easily Solve "VLC Won't Play MP4" Issue to Play MP4 in VLC Media Player", you'll get the solution.

Hope it will help you more or less.

Top Bottom