CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) Discussions are Getting Out of Hand

Rezzi

Registered Visitor
Re: CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) discussions getting out of hand

Rezzi,

PLEASE do not take my comments as a 'black mark' against YOU. I apologise if it comes across this way. My reasons are founded in the wording of the standard and the constant battle we have, at the cove, with semantics and registrars that think they know how someone should run their business. This site is for EVERYONE and I would never (and the other moderators are the same) remove someone's post for asking a genuine question. Feel free to ask anything you want and if you feel that I (or anyone else) am discriminating then let us know because it is not now and never will be our intent.

Enjoy the cove for its knowledge and friendship. :D

I did not mean to offend Rezzi, or anyone else. After reading my post I don't think I did but please read my repsonse to Rezzi. We, at the cove, respect everyone's questions and hope that we can ,in some small way, shed light on the mysteries of the Quality Field.
Greg et Al.
I was not in anyway offended by your responce. Actually I agree with everything you wrote. I'm extremely impressed by the competence of the people at the cove and its visitors and appreciate all the help that I have recieved throughout the different threads and forums.

The reason for my initial post was to express my feeling regarding some of the discussions regading this delicate topic. Obviousely this is confusing for some people and one should respect that. When the day comes to an end this is somebodies job.

Maybe we should explain and describe how we have implemented the corrective and preventive action process and how its working instead of trying to promote our believes and interpretations as the only correct one.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) A Key Process of the Quality Management System Dec 17... Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
K CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) - ISO 13485 Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
J Software and Methods for Tracking CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) items US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
D CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) Flow Chart example wanted Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 3
Q Recommendations for criteria on creating a CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
Q Recover a Damaged CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) Project Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 6
E CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) Plan Templates Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
M CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) Standards & Templates for Tier 1 Supplier IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
Q CAPA (Corrective Action and Preventive Action) after Correction always? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 10
Q CAPA (Corrective Action Preventive Action) NC recommended for IT, HR, ACC.? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
Q Calibration Failure - CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
P When is an issue a CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) request? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
C FDA - CAPA (Corrective Action and Preventive Action) & Complaint Database 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
T Suggestions for a CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) Software Program Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 17
Q CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) Guidance Needed 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
P Issue Tracking and CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) Management Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
Q Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA), 820.100 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
D CAPA (Corrective Preventive Action) Form for critique ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Q CAPA - What criteria should be used to initiate Corrective and Preventive Actions ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
R CAPA (Corrective Action Preventive Action) Procedures Separate or Combined Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
P Complaints & CAPA's (Corrective Action Preventive Action) for Clinical Trials ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
kmyers CAPA (Corrective Action Preventive Action) Training Exercise Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
Q How to measure CAPA (Corrective Action Preventive Action) System Performance Nonconformance and Corrective Action 20
M Can this Nonconformance have suitable CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
Q CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Actions) - Open for how long in Medical Device field? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
P When to issue a CAPA (corrective action preventive action)? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 11
C CAPA (Corrective Action Preventive Action) example to provide training wanted Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
V How to create a CAPA (Corrective Action Preventive Action) Database Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
C High Level CAPA (Corrective Action Preventive Action) SOP Example Needed Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
kedarg6500 Corrective Action (CA) vs. Preventive (Predictive) Action (CAPA) Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 18
J What should generate a CAPA (corrective action - preventive action) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 16
I Example(s) of simple CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) forms Nonconformance and Corrective Action 11
S Top level CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) procedure ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 26
J CAPA (corrective action preventive action) Effectiveness - Medical Device Industry Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
F Chronic Lateness of CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) Responses Nonconformance and Corrective Action 25
S Simple CAPA (Corrective Action and Preventive Action) Example for Training? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
a_bardi Corrective & Preventive action templates for CAPA in telecom industry Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
D Quality Management Book On Capa (Corrective Action Preventive Action) Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 4
E Audit Program and CAPA (Corrective Action - Preventive Action) Effectiveness ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
J Corrective Action vs. Preventive (Predictive) Action (CAPA) - A Definitive Discussion Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 177
G Differences - Nonconformances vs CAPA, Corrections vs Corrective Actions ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 16
P Documentation for correction, corrective action, mini CAPA Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
B CAPA (Corrective Action) For A Typo? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 18
M Management Team "Actions" vs. CAPA (Corrective Actions) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
C SCAR (Supplier Corrective Action Request) as part of NC/CAPA? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
A To CAPA or not to CAPA? Requirement to close our Corrective Actions before Audit? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
Q Corrective Action - CAPA - Root Cause - Not following the training procedure! Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 13
D A true example of CAPA - Accident that show its cause and the corrective action Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
K NCR Corrective Action vs. Systemic CAPA Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
M Issue a CAPA if there is a corrective action associated with a complaint? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 7