CAPA Software with Oracle integration capabilities

T

Tarrahb1

Good Afternoon!

The company I work for is interested in purchasing a CAPA database. Do any of you have a good database that has Oracle integration capabilities?

Thank you,
Tarrah

L

LNeJame

Hi,

Can you further define what you mean by Oracle integration capabilities?

thanks!

T

Tarrahb1

We have a ERP system called IFS and are looking for software that will be able to link to IFS, which runs Oracle.

L

LNeJame

Not sure if you have already looked at my profile... I do work for a company that makes quality management software, called The Harrington Group.

Our CAPA software does have the capabilities to integrate with many types of ERP, MRP and other legacy system's databases.

If you would be interested, it would probably be beneficial to discuss your requirements a little more in depth. Feel free to pm or email me directly.

bio_subbu

Super Moderator
Good Afternoon!

The company I work for is interested in purchasing a CAPA database. Do any of you have a good database that has Oracle integration capabilities?

Thank you,
Tarrah

Hi Tarrah

Find below the list of electronic document control system providers especially for medical devices industries but I don’t know whether their software has oracle integration capabilities, please enquire with them your requirements.

PTC, HCL Technologies Ltd, CIMCON Software Inc, GxP Systems, COMPLAINT LOGISTICS, LENNOX HILL Quality Assurance solutions, EtQ,, MasterControl Inc

Hope you will find useful and relevant.

Thanks and Regards
S. Subramaniam

Jim Ivey

Grand Avenue Software
Okay, I'll bite.

I'll start off by voicing the usual comment about a question like this... what specifically do you hope to gain from an "integration" between the two systems? And more importantly, what value would you place on such an integration, to offset the potential cost of finding one or building one?

With that out of the way, I wanted to address an aspect of your question that might take you in the wrong direction:

In the original post you asked
Do any of you have a good [CAPA] database that has Oracle integration capabilities?

In your most recent post you clarified this as
We have a ERP system called IFS and are looking for software that will be able to link to IFS, which runs Oracle.

You may wish to talk to an IFS representative about integration approaches before pursuing a CAPA system that has "Oracle integration capabilities". Just because IFS runs on an Oracle platform doesn't mean that you can integrate with it through that layer. IFS is purportedly (according to their website) comprised of a suite of J2EE components, which are traditionally interfaced with either through the J2EE layer or through a more generic approach like SOAP... meaning that they have an explicit API that you're supposed to integrate with. And in the case of IFS, I believe (again, according to their website) that they have an explicit integration component named IFS/Connect that is the primary gateway for integration.

If you attempt to "integrate" with an application by going directly to its underlying data store (Oracle) you're just setting yourself up for disaster. Their application layer is most likely responsible for things like business abstractions, security, localization, and so on... so you may end up getting a view of information from the data store that is either incomplete or inaccurate.

If you're an existing IFS customer, you should consider either contacting IFS or going to one of their community sites (www.ifsconnect.com?) and seeing if anyone can provide more specific recommendations on (1) are there any CAPA systems that do integrate directly with IFS, and if not (2) what are the recommended approaches for building your own integration with IFS.

Though again, I'd probably start by thinking through what you really want out of an integration, and how much it'll be worth to you. When you look at the cost of integrating two distinct enterprise applications, it's rarely worth what you get out of it.

Good luck.

Top Bottom