Capability Study on Extruded Alumin(i)um - How would one define a "batch"?

M

Mezzaluna

Morning / Afternoon Folks,

I've been given some lengths of extruded aluminium to perform PPAP inspection on. I was wondering: How would one define a "batch" of such material to perform process capability on critical dimensions? We will only be requiring a couple of tens of metres of the stuff at any one time, which the supplier will produce in the space of an hour. There is only one die. All critical dimensions are on the inside of the extrusion. Anyone had any similar experiences?

Cheers,

Mezzaluna

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
Hmm..

If it's only 10s of meters at a time and that's all they run, I'd consider each run a batch.

I was in plastic extrusion for a bit.
We stacked the lengths in 3'x4' racks.
Each rack was considered a batch for inspection purposes.

M

Mezzaluna

That's what I thought. Unfortunately we will be getting a 'batch" every few months or so. It will take a while to get my 25 samples for my CAP study :)

Cheers,

Mezz.

R

ravi3385

That's what I thought. Unfortunately we will be getting a 'batch" every few months or so. It will take a while to get my 25 samples for my CAP study :)

Cheers,

Mezz.
I am also working in Extrusion, if that is the case what is the use of taking of spc, anyhow once the order is completed again the die goes nitriding process.. so on, and if the die is loaded it runs maximum of 24 hr based on order, so if the order is of 20ton one day enough. any way what is the die dimension it reflect on the part am i right or wrong???? and one more thing the stretching process affects the dimension of the profile which is extruded!!!

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
Good post. However, this thread has been idle for four years, so you may not receive a response.

Top Bottom