CAR vs ECO/ECN - How do I merge CAR with ECO or ECR/ECN procedure seemlessly

• Thread starter marcbicknell2002
  • Start date
M

marcbicknell2002

The company I work for has an internal CAR procedure that deals with non-conformances of products. How do I merge this with and ECO or ECR/ECN procedure seemlessly. For a small company some of the procedures i've seen seen very time consuming. Any thought, suggestions or sample procedures would be greatly appreciated.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Re: CAR vs ECO/ECN

The company I work for has an internal CAR procedure that deals with non-conformances of products. How do I merge this with and ECO or ECR/ECN procedure seemlessly. For a small company some of the procedures i've seen seen very time consuming. Any thought, suggestions or sample procedures would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the Cove. :D
If I understand you correctly, you're asking about some sort of "bridge" between your CAR and engineering change processes (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm not sure anything you do is going to be "seamless" because you're dealing with separate (but related) processes.

If you have a CAR form, you can cite an ECO as a possible corrective action, and then use your CAR followup process to confirm that the ECO is issued/completed.

M

marcbicknell2002

Thanks for the insight, i'm writing the procedure to link the CAR with the ECO currently. There are procedures that have an ECR then ECN but that is just too much work IMO. I'm looking to combine the ECR/ECN concept into one ECO form. Do you know of any defined procedures on this forum already and a form to start from?

Thanks Again!!

Marc

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Thanks for the insight, i'm writing the procedure to link the CAR with the ECO currently. There are procedures that have an ECR then ECN but that is just too much work IMO. I'm looking to combine the ECR/ECN concept into one ECO form. Do you know of any defined procedures on this forum already and a form to start from?

Thanks Again!!

Marc
Go up to the top of the page where you'll see this:

and click on "Post Attachments List." You can search for ECO/ECN forms there--I'm sure there are some there.

D

DrM2u

Thanks Again!!

Marc
Why do you need a documented procedure for ECO/ECN? Is it required by the standard or needed by the organization? I am not sure what standard you are working with but many of them do not require it.

Can you achieve the integration of CARs & ECO through an electronic system/database that triggers an ECO if needed? I know of some software packages on the market that do that. I have also seen something as simple as having a checkbox & reference to the ECO on the CAR form.

I suggest that you follow the existing process and map it so you can develop your procedure or instruction based on that. Then you can verify compliance with the requirements and modify documentation and/or process as necessary ... Try to use th KISS approach.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M How NCR CAR and ECO Interact - Customer Rejection Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
Marc Mule Car aka Body Mule Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 6
Marc Electric Car circa 1898 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 11
M Risk and Corrective actions - Currently no FMEA's - Car systems Risk Management Principles and Generic Guidelines 8
T Closing out CAR while waiting for design change Nonconformance and Corrective Action 12
E CAR (Corrective Action Report) with questionable Root Cause ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
A How a test flow can be build for a car electronic sunroof control Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 6
C Supplier blowing off CAR request Registrars and Notified Bodies 14
E CAR (Corrective Action Request) Due Dates ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
J IATF 16949 CAR - Internal Auditor Requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
P Tactics to work with Design Engineering on CAR Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
A CAR from 3rd party AS9100D auditor - Root cause dilemma AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 45
J When to Initiate a CAR (Corrective Action Request) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
K Internal Audit CAR - How Long for Responses to be Received? Internal Auditing 8
5 Expediting Internal Corrective Action Requests (CAR) Closures Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
A Audit Finding - CAPA, Improvement Initiatives not filed in CAR System ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
C Registrar Charges Per CAR Written Registrars and Notified Bodies 18
L Packaging Issues Resulted CAR by customer Manufacturing and Related Processes 13
M I need Audit Checklists for nearly all Car suppliers Customer and Company Specific Requirements 8
R ISO 13485 Validation and CAR Requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
S Having a hard time closing CAR/ PAR Nonconformance and Corrective Action 13
L Is a CAR addressed to your customer the best way to communicate with? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
Marc NHTSA - Crash imminent braking and dynamic brake support to its New Car Assessment World News 1
Marc Car Navigation Systems - Dedicated or Smartphone? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 17
L Customer requies 'Jet Test' on a Car Part (Electronics Connectors) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
Ajit Basrur China breaks world record for car sales in 2013 ! World News 1
Mikishots How to handle CAR (Corrective Action Request) Scope vs. Timely Response Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
W What Are Some Online Car Auction Websites? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
R MSA is similar to driving a car? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
AnaMariaVR2 Car Talk Traffic Tickets Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 1
M So you want an internet ready car? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
L Ethics Question in regard to a Regulatory Authority CAR Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
B Combining a CAR, an NCR, and an Accident Report ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
B Should CAR be issued when the KPI is not achieved ? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
R Supplier CAR response scoring Nonconformance and Corrective Action 10
P Differences between an NCR and CAR Internal Auditing 9
T Do Customer Returns = NCR and CAR? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
D Good Formats to use for CAR's/CAPA's for Safety Issues or Injuries Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
M Audit Interview as Evidence to issue a CAR (Corrective Action Request) General Auditing Discussions 13
S Customer CAR request after waiting 4 years Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 7
T World Class Supplier Quality Alert System CAR/SCAR By Email Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
B Shall issue CAR when KPI fail? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
A Shall we raise SCAR/CAR for every defect as per our current procedure? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
J Which process is used to make Car Tires Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
H Acceptable Time to provide proof of CAR (Corrective Action Report) Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
A Who should be the CAR owner & Who is involved with RCA, CAPA plan & CAPA evaluation? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
N Combining Multiple CARs (Corrective Action Request) into One CAR? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
P Suggestions for Europe in a Week - By Car Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 4
M Operator Mistakes (Errors) and responding to CAR (Corrective Action Requests) Nonconformance and Corrective Action 20
M Vinyl and Cloth Cut Parts Tolerances? (Car Seats) Manufacturing and Related Processes 8