Carbon Black (Master Batch) - Basic Requirements

vivkrish

Involved In Discussions
Hello All,

I want know the basic details of Master batches and Carbon Black.

What are the properties need to be considered while selecting the Master batch/Color pigments?

What are the properties need not to be considered?

Kindly suggest me to know something about the requested..

Thanks,
Vivkrish.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
Hi vivkrish,

That's a pretty vague question...can you give some perspective on what you're trying to do?
Is the Carbon black just an opacifier? Colorant? shade control? Fugitive pore former? Viscosity control medium? Cost reducing filler? anti-tack agent? conductive phase?

If you can frame the question out a bit more, you might get a bit more helpful answer...

Thanks!

vivkrish

Involved In Discussions
Hi vivkrish,

That's a pretty vague question...can you give some perspective on what you're trying to do?
Is the Carbon black just an opacifier? Colorant? shade control? Fugitive pore former? Viscosity control medium? Cost reducing filler? anti-tack agent? conductive phase?

If you can frame the question out a bit more, you might get a bit more helpful answer...

Thanks!
Hello Ninja,

Sorry for the Inconvenience..

We are using the carbon black as a color pigment for raw material manufacturing.

Actually we are purchasing the raw material from our supplier. We are suspecting they are using the correct material or not Because we are facing the color fading issue in injected product.

Thanks,
Vivkrish.

NikkiQSM

Quite Involved in Discussions
This would depend on the end customer's regulatory requirements. I could be wrong, but carbon black is not ROHS compliant. So I would check that out first.

If your customer has no requirements I would review your COA for the MB you are using. Maybe there is not the appropriate loading in your masterbatch.

Carbon black also is very difficult to disperse evenly - if there are agglomerations of colorant in the MB, it will give your inconsistent results.

Last edited:

vivkrish

Involved In Discussions
This would depend on the end customer's regulatory requirements. I could be wrong, but carbon black is not ROHS compliant. So I would check that out first.

If your customer has no requirements I would review your COA for the MB you are using. Maybe there is not the appropriate loading in your masterbatch.

Carbon black also is very difficult to disperse evenly - if there are agglomerations of colorant in the MB, it will give your inconsistent results.
Hello NikkiQSM,

I have enclosed the COA of Carbon Black that we have using(N220). Kindly go through.
We don't have customer specific requirements on this product.

http ://www .himadri. com /pdf/ qualitiesandspecifications.pdf - DEAD LINK REMOVED.

Last edited by a moderator:

NikkiQSM

Quite Involved in Discussions
Vivkrish - The document you linked looks more like a data sheet for all grades of the masterbatch.

Did the supplier provide you with an individual COA for the lot of MB you purchased?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Calculating Carbon Footprint in the Organization Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 2
SteveK BS 5682 ? Carbon Dioxide Probe? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
M Measuring Holes in Material Stack - Carbon Composite-Aluminum Alloy-Titanium Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
T Break Press or Bending A36 Carbon Structural Steel Plate Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
D Ferrous Content of 1010 Carbon Steel Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
L Carbon Footprints Tracking examples Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 2
I Material Certificates for a PCB Carbon Print Product Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
W What can be Root Cause Analysis Methodology - Heat Treatment of Carbon-based Products Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 5
Q Pre-Paint Roughness Standard for Scratches in Carbon Steel prior to Painting Manufacturing and Related Processes 15
K Where to obtain General Concepts of Total Organic Carbon (TOC) testing information? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
Marc Labelling Fruit with Carbon Dioxide Lasers World News 1
Marc Plowing Carbon Into the Fields to Eliminate the need for Fertilizer World News 12
A Austempering Heat Treatment Machine - Problem regarding Decarb (less carbon) Manufacturing and Related Processes 16
T Total Organic Carbon (TOC) testing - USP requirements US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
somashekar Hazardous waste rules - India - Carbon paper and thermal transfer printer ribbons Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 7
R Non Destructive Testing of plain Carbon steel castings using Eddy Current Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
C New Job!! Carbon fibre products Career and Occupation Discussions 7
P Salt spray testing - Comparative corrosion data of 302 S26 vs Galvanised carbon steel Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
S Carbon Credit for using Solar Energy instead of Electricity Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 6
F Capability studies in Process Plants - E-coat of galvanized flat carbon steel coils Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 1
P Who can give carbon credit certification and what are the standards Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
K Safety SOPs - Exposure Program for Carbon Monoxide Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
L How to Measure thickness of Carbon Fibre Panels General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
R What's the major difference between Green Belt and Black Belt in term of training and project Six Sigma 3
K AS9100 - 7.3 - Are these black and white questions with specific correct answers AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
Z IFU (Instructions for Use) Symbol - 7010:M002 - can it be in black? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
Proud Liberal Black Darkness style (test) Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
C Black Oxide Gage Pin Calibration Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
P "Bayer" Black Resin vs. Master Batch Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
K Looking for Six Sigma Black Belt projects in Customer Service Six Sigma 7
A Application / Use of Hypothesis Testing in any Six Sigma Black Belt Project Six Sigma 8
S What does B, M1 through M5 and the black triangle mean in MDD ? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
M ASQ CMBB Master Black Belt - anyone appearing for Mar 1, 2014 exam ? Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
G Looking for live project in company for Six Sigma Black belt Project Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
K ASQ Six Sigma Handbook - Should I purchase the Black Belt handbook now? Six Sigma 5
K Black Anodize Color Specification per MIL Spec Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
P The difference between Six Sigma Black Belt and Master Black Belt Six Sigma 2
D How to test the quality of black anodized aluminum Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 9
C When do I select Team for Black Belt Project? Six Sigma 3
K What is the role of the Six Sigma Black Belt? Six Sigma 9
L Discoloration of Tin Plated Surface from White to Black or Yellow during Storage Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
S Cosmetic Inspection (scratch, black dot, burr) Standard in Manufacturing Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
Marc Automobile 'Black Box' Data - An Inside Look World News 0
C What is the Salary for a certified 6 Sigma Black Belt? Six Sigma 24
N Can we use a black pen to sign documents, fill out forms, etc? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
Marc Black Ops: How HBGary wrote backdoors for the government After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 1
A Any friends from Black & Decker? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
B Good Black Belt Training Programs? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 12
Q Completed Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB) Oct 17th 2009 Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
P Attribute Control Chart in my Process - Black Belt says Not Appropriate Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 11