Cats - Egypt to Today - Scourge or 'Friend'? Pls - No More Cat recipes!

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
If you have a cat that you put out at night, where does it go?

I'd do a Poll, but I couldn't begin to predict where they go.

Definition: Scourge - Someone or something that inflicts punishment or causes suffering or destruction.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
To the neighbors' where she gets knocked up and comes straggling home in about a week with a smile on her face and a swollen midsection:biglaugh:

N

noboxwine

Hopefully..

they go into a black hole never to return. Just like registration, cats are non-value added and make me wheez.:thedeal:

B

Bob_M

Well we don't put our cats out for the night but...
We do put one of them out on a leash occasionally.
We get the funniest looks from some people. :eek:

Putting him out on a leash work out a lot better than him constantly escaping out the front door of our old house when ever we opened the door. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Me, too!

Originally posted by Bob_M
Well we don't put our cats out for the night but...
We do put one of them out on a leash occasionally.
We get the funniest looks from some people. :eek:

Putting him out on a leash work out a lot better than him constantly escaping out the front door of our old house when ever we opened the door. :mad:
Those leashes are the best things ever! I have two cats. The eldest, Morgana, is constantly trying to get outside, so the leash is a nice compromise. I don't let my cats out at night out of respect for my neighbours. I hate puttering around in my garden only to find kitty-klumps. If I want extra fertilizer, I'll go buy my own, thanks. It's a total pet peeve of mine.

Right up there with licenses. Dogs need to have licenses. Why not cats? More often than not, cats are the ones roaming free.

Thankfully, both of my cats (while indoor cats) are micro-chipped. Should either Morgana or Merlin escape the house and/or their leashes, if they are brought to Animal Aid or a Vet's, they will be scanned and I will be notified that I can come and pick up my truant feline.

On the more amusing side, Morgana, who was raised by my Doberman, thinks she's a dog and actually enjoys going for walks. Being in a new subdivision, my mail is dropped off a superbox around the corner. On a nice day, the leash is slipped on and I take my cat for a walk around the corner. Little kids stop, gawk and yell, "That lady's walking a cat!" *sigh* 28 years old and I'm offically deemed nuts. :bonk:

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Actually, living out in the boondocks like I do I don't have to worry much about the cats bothering people, but I do worry about the bears bothering the cats.

Our inside cat goes outside during the day if someone will let him out and he doesn't see the dog. Come suppertime, he's at the door wanting in, he has no ambition to stay outside at night. The rest of the cats are "barn cats" they live in the barn and pretty much do as they please. I supply them with some cat chow to supplement their mouse diet, scratch them behind the ear when they want, and we all live happily (as long as I supply them a place to hide from the bears, anyway)

B

Bob_M

Re: Me, too!

Originally posted by RCBeyette
On the more amusing side, Morgana, who was raised by my Doberman, thinks she's a dog and actually enjoys going for walks. Being in a new subdivision, my mail is dropped off a superbox around the corner. On a nice day, the leash is slipped on and I take my cat for a walk around the corner. Little kids stop, gawk and yell, "That lady's walking a cat!" *sigh* 28 years old and I'm offically deemed nuts. :bonk:
WOW you got your cat to go for a walk. COOL
Why tried that for a while, but out cat was to scared (and proably too old already). We'd either have to drag/carry him to the mail, then he'd try to run home and almost strangle himself... :(

Out cat never does his personnel business outside, he'll wait till he comes in (weird).

Our other cat (younger) got her foot caught in the screen door once. So now she's afraid of the door, but still looks outside and crys when the other one is outdoors.
Cats can be fun.

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Re: Re: Me, too!

Originally posted by Bob_M
WOW you got your cat to go for a walk. COOL
Yeah, Morgie's a weird one. But she really only enjoys it in the warmer weather...I think the Canadian summer was last week, but I'm not sure. *g*

Winter time is more entertaining. She'll tough the snow out to about the end of my driveway and then I drag her to the mailbox. If anyone's practicing their tracking skills in my neighbour hood, that must throw them for a loop! A set of foot prints and what appears to be a round, heavy ball of something being dragged through the snow. *lol*

Originally posted by Bob_M Cats can be fun.
Cats can be fun, weird, annoying, loving, unemotional, demanding, loud, comforting....but I admit, if my two "babies" didn't fetch balls, I'd prefer having my dog. Since Morgana and Merlin love to chase foam balls and return them to me, I'm set. Next thing to teach 'em is how to chase a frisbee!

R

Randy Stewart

I think ours goes to class to learn how to be more annoying! My daughter is 26 months and he is 25 months. I named him Bart because he's a black cat and has the personnality of Bart Simpson. Well he has now used up 7 of his 9 lives, he jumped into Renees (my daughter) bed and scratched her up. Nothing serious but he did it just the same. I don't know why he got in her crib but since then we have been watching him close. They have grown up together so this incident confuses me. If he hurts her again we'll have a cat skin rug to use as a welcome mat or wall hanging. I wanted to bury him up to his neck in the back yard and let the birds have him! But I was out voted.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jim Wynne Why do people hate cats? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 91
R Clinical validation/investigation in Egypt - Medical Devices sevices that are not marked yet Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
3 Egypt Medical Device Registration: Only required for Sterile Medical Devices? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 10
3 Egypt: Multiple Registrations of the Same Product Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
B Register's Ownership in Iran, India, Jordan, Arab Saudi, Egypt Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 8
X Egypt In Vitro Diagnostics Medical Devices Registration Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
C ISO17020 Required to ship disposable "coveralls/overgarments" into Egypt General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
N Changing a Medical Device distributor in Egypt Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
M Egypt is calling - Some Information about Egypt Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
T How do you think Egypt looks like?! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 21
D What foreign language proficiency would give the biggest edge to medical device regulatory affairs professionals in the world today or in future? Career and Occupation Discussions 6
D Today's the Day! Thank you all! ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Marc When did you first use what we call E-Mail (aka email) today? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 17
insect warfare Windows XP support ends today (April 8, 2014) After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
Marc It's Sunday - 6 April 2014 - What's on your mind today? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
John Broomfield The PErfect ISO System Died Today... Imported Legacy Blogs 0
Marc About 1940 to today - TV - Sunday Morning Thoughts Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
D FDA Guidance on 'Latex-Free' Labeling Issued Today - March 2013 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
Crusader It's a Crusader day today! Covegratulations 6
AnaMariaVR2 Green buildings - Laying tomorrow's foundations today [article] Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 1
somashekar Today's Date is 12-12-12 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
S I voted today - 6 November 2012 (US Elections) Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 28
F The Most Comprehensive Technical File Educational Resource Available Today EU Medical Device Regulations 8
Randy Interesting lady I met today Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
K Saw this today.... Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
Crusader Shocking News in Registrar Audit Today Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
Jen Kirley My son leaves for the Air Force today Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 30
Ajit Basrur The 1,318-km Beijing?Shanghai High-Speed Railway opens today (Jun 30, 2011) World News 7
Marc Questions about the Internet circa 1994 on NBC's "The Today Show" After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 1
Michael Malis FDA to release proposed 510(k) improvements today US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
E I am so happy today, want to share with you Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
V Having quality in your resume in today's economy. Imported Legacy Blogs 3
SteelMaiden In today's headlines.... August 2010 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 15
somashekar Definition Is today (21 May, 2010) in week # 20 or 21 ? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 1
Marc Today is Pi Day! 3.14 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 11
BradM Tragedy in Texas today - 18 Feb 2010 World News 2
SteelMaiden Today's word: Frisbeetarianism Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 9
Marc Geocities is closing today - RIP - 1995 to 2009 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 1
J Today it's 'Leave The Office Early' Day Career and Occupation Discussions 2
Wes Bucey The rest of your life starts today! Career and Occupation Discussions 6
Chris Ford So it actually is Friday today... Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 9
Y Which version of ISO 9004 would you recommend to read today? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
BradM The family lost a little friend today Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 52
ScottK Make sure to read the en.Wikipedia home page today After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
A Guess who I met today! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 14
Jen Kirley I saw the coolest little book today. Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 30
B Spam on the new ISO9001:2008 being released today ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
Tom W What have you learned today...? Imported Legacy Blogs 1
ScottK Safari for Windows is out today. After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 9
H Carrying out an internal audit on HR/ Training today Internal Auditing 6