Cats - Egypt to Today - Scourge or 'Friend'? Pls - No More Cat recipes!

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
If you have a cat that you put out at night, where does it go?

I'd do a Poll, but I couldn't begin to predict where they go.

Definition: Scourge - Someone or something that inflicts punishment or causes suffering or destruction.

Geoff Cotton

Quite Involved in Discussions
They should go straight into a wok, it tastes like chiken.

Then again most things taste like chicken these days.:vfunny: :vfunny:

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
To the neighbors' where she gets knocked up and comes straggling home in about a week with a smile on her face and a swollen midsection:biglaugh:

N

noboxwine

Hopefully..

they go into a black hole never to return. Just like registration, cats are non-value added and make me wheez.:thedeal:

B

Bob_M

Well we don't put our cats out for the night but...
We do put one of them out on a leash occasionally.
We get the funniest looks from some people. :eek:

Putting him out on a leash work out a lot better than him constantly escaping out the front door of our old house when ever we opened the door. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Me, too!

Originally posted by Bob_M
Well we don't put our cats out for the night but...
We do put one of them out on a leash occasionally.
We get the funniest looks from some people. :eek:

Putting him out on a leash work out a lot better than him constantly escaping out the front door of our old house when ever we opened the door. :mad:

Those leashes are the best things ever! I have two cats. The eldest, Morgana, is constantly trying to get outside, so the leash is a nice compromise. I don't let my cats out at night out of respect for my neighbours. I hate puttering around in my garden only to find kitty-klumps. If I want extra fertilizer, I'll go buy my own, thanks. It's a total pet peeve of mine.

Right up there with licenses. Dogs need to have licenses. Why not cats? More often than not, cats are the ones roaming free.

Thankfully, both of my cats (while indoor cats) are micro-chipped. Should either Morgana or Merlin escape the house and/or their leashes, if they are brought to Animal Aid or a Vet's, they will be scanned and I will be notified that I can come and pick up my truant feline.

On the more amusing side, Morgana, who was raised by my Doberman, thinks she's a dog and actually enjoys going for walks. Being in a new subdivision, my mail is dropped off a superbox around the corner. On a nice day, the leash is slipped on and I take my cat for a walk around the corner. Little kids stop, gawk and yell, "That lady's walking a cat!" *sigh* 28 years old and I'm offically deemed nuts. :bonk:

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
Actually, living out in the boondocks like I do I don't have to worry much about the cats bothering people, but I do worry about the bears bothering the cats.

Our inside cat goes outside during the day if someone will let him out and he doesn't see the dog. Come suppertime, he's at the door wanting in, he has no ambition to stay outside at night. The rest of the cats are "barn cats" they live in the barn and pretty much do as they please. I supply them with some cat chow to supplement their mouse diet, scratch them behind the ear when they want, and we all live happily (as long as I supply them a place to hide from the bears, anyway)

B

Bob_M

Re: Me, too!

Originally posted by RCBeyette
On the more amusing side, Morgana, who was raised by my Doberman, thinks she's a dog and actually enjoys going for walks. Being in a new subdivision, my mail is dropped off a superbox around the corner. On a nice day, the leash is slipped on and I take my cat for a walk around the corner. Little kids stop, gawk and yell, "That lady's walking a cat!" *sigh* 28 years old and I'm offically deemed nuts. :bonk:

WOW you got your cat to go for a walk. COOL
Why tried that for a while, but out cat was to scared (and proably too old already). We'd either have to drag/carry him to the mail, then he'd try to run home and almost strangle himself... :(

Out cat never does his personnel business outside, he'll wait till he comes in (weird).

Our other cat (younger) got her foot caught in the screen door once. So now she's afraid of the door, but still looks outside and crys when the other one is outdoors.
Cats can be fun.

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Re: Re: Me, too!

Originally posted by Bob_M
WOW you got your cat to go for a walk. COOL

Yeah, Morgie's a weird one. But she really only enjoys it in the warmer weather...I think the Canadian summer was last week, but I'm not sure. *g*

Winter time is more entertaining. She'll tough the snow out to about the end of my driveway and then I drag her to the mailbox. If anyone's practicing their tracking skills in my neighbour hood, that must throw them for a loop! A set of foot prints and what appears to be a round, heavy ball of something being dragged through the snow. *lol*

Originally posted by Bob_M Cats can be fun.

Cats can be fun, weird, annoying, loving, unemotional, demanding, loud, comforting....but I admit, if my two "babies" didn't fetch balls, I'd prefer having my dog. Since Morgana and Merlin love to chase foam balls and return them to me, I'm set. Next thing to teach 'em is how to chase a frisbee!

R

Randy Stewart

I think ours goes to class to learn how to be more annoying! My daughter is 26 months and he is 25 months. I named him Bart because he's a black cat and has the personnality of Bart Simpson. Well he has now used up 7 of his 9 lives, he jumped into Renees (my daughter) bed and scratched her up. Nothing serious but he did it just the same. I don't know why he got in her crib but since then we have been watching him close. They have grown up together so this incident confuses me. If he hurts her again we'll have a cat skin rug to use as a welcome mat or wall hanging. I wanted to bury him up to his neck in the back yard and let the birds have him! But I was out voted.

Top Bottom