CB Certificate - Distributor for a product with electrical components

DanMann

Starting to get Involved
My company are going to be a distributor for a product (with electrical components) that has not yet come to the market. The product already has a CB scheme certificate in the manufacturer's name. Both my company and the distributor are in the UK, so we are only distributors (or licencees) for the product, not importers or authorized representatives.

The product will be labelled with my company's (i.e. the distributor's) branding, except for on the identification label (this will show the manufacturer's name and address only and will show the symbol for manufacturer next to this). The part code for the product will be different for products sold through my company than for products sold by the manufacturer. The identification label (including the part code) is shown in the CB report. Other than the part code and the branding, the product is the same.

My question is - do we need to have a new CB certificate made up or can we use the original CB certificate (i.e. in the manufacturer's name)?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
Where are you?

I am in the US, and I distribute (buy resell) various things with CE marking all over the world...I am not registered with a CB, but pass on the manufacturer's info.
Note that I do NOT change part number...nor are any manufacturers using me as an official distributor...nor are any manufacturer's part numbering with me in mind.

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
Sounds like a great question for CE...or a lawyer well versed in the subject.
I have no knowledge of the limitations or regulations around CE mark in UK

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D ISO 9001 & AS9100 Certificate issued by a consultant for a Distributor Registrars and Notified Bodies 11
K Certificate of Foreign Government (Distributor in Mexico) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
M Lapse in AS9100 Certificate AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
S Requirements for Certificate of Destruction for Surgical Instruments Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
D Can an ISO 9001 Certificate have Remote Locations? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
D Certificate of Conformance for Country of Origin - Made in the USA claim Contract Review Process 16
Ed Panek Is anyone familiar with Article 60 Certificate of Free Sale EU Medical Device Regulations 6
Y MDR Transition - make "Available on the market" after CE certificate expiration EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M Storing Calibration Certificate Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
B Site removal from MDSAP multi-site Certificate ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
N Class I accessories covered by EC certificate EU Medical Device Regulations 0
D Distribution Center mandatory addition to Certificate? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
M Medical device certificate in Australia - ARTG certificate Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
S Certification Body Changeover - Transfer of Certificate Registrars and Notified Bodies 9
J How to keep MDD certificate valid when legal manufacturer has liquidity problem EU Medical Device Regulations 0
D ISO 17021 Certificate Registrars and Notified Bodies 1
B Free Sales Certificate for Non Medical Devices Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
Louddogsbark When your 13485:2016 certificate has been pulled ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
lanley liao The validity of API Spec Q1 certificate Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
B Countries with no need for FSC (Free sales certificate) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M Calibration Certificate Result issued by an accredited external laboratory General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
U Certificate of Free Sale Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
A Scope of ISO 13485 certificate ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
D ISO 9001 certificate issued by QMS International for 10 years - legit? Registrars and Notified Bodies 17
E Adding models to an approved Russian Registration Certificate Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
S Philippines CMDL (Certificate of Medical Device Listing) Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 0
A Is it mandatory to obtain ISO13485 certificate prior to CE marking? EU Medical Device Regulations 8
R External Audit and Certificate prorogation due to the pandemic General Auditing Discussions 10
A How to make sure whether the predicated device is marked with EC certificate? EU Medical Device Regulations 8
I Is the contract mfg. mentioned in legal manufacturer EC certificate? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
SocalSurfer AS9100 new certificate, but need QMS software, help Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
C Certificate of Conformance Form - COC for each customer a controlled document? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
B Certificate Suspension? Shut down due to Covid-19 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
L Appears to be a certificate mill certificate ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
J CE Certificate and additional processing EU Medical Device Regulations 4
bryan willemot Chemical / physical certificate of conformance AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
B IATF certificate suspended - Who do we notify? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
F Calibration certificate content - Average Value and True Value ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
H What is different between PED certificate and CPR certificate? Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
C Migrate ISO 9001:2015 Certificate Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
M How to read a calibration certificate for thermo hygrometer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
V Calibration certificate verification Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
A Calibration Certificate Results General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
A What if Contract Manufacturers does not have an ISO 13485 certificate? Where will the NB audit take place, at legal mfg. site or contract mfg. site? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
E Calibration Certificate Content Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
M IATF 16949:2016 clause 8.4.2.3 - We don't have ISO 9001:2015 certificate IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 26
S Boeing D6-51991 Product Acceptance Software certificate and Artefact? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
J COC (Certificate of Conformity) when NOT purchasing medical devices direct from the Manufacturer Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
P List of ISO certificate registrars around the world - ISO certification databases ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
F EC in EC certificate - Is it an EC Certificate or a CE certificate? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3