Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory
Social Distancing - It's not just YOUR life - It's ALL of OUR lives!
Me <——————— 6 Feet ———————-> You

CE Marking for Wood Product - One for each product?, Self Declare?

T

trusti - 2009

Hello, my name is Trusti.

I work in Superintending Company in Indonesia, here several forest product industry asked how to CE Marking wood product ? and do every wooden product must have CE certificate ? as we know manufacturers could do self declare....

is there anyone could help answering those question ?

Thank's in advance...:thanx:

T

temujin

Hi,

What kind of products do you make?

This is a list of European New Approach Directives.
http://www.newapproach.org/Directives/DirectiveList.asp

If your product fall under the scope of any of these directives you can (and must) CE Mark your product. There is no "Wood product" directive, but your product might fall under other directives (although I doubt that a 100% wood product will fall under any directive, maybe Toy Safety if you are making toys...)

regards
t.

harry

Super Moderator
A check in google revealed that you do need CE marking for certain wood products like floor panels or 'engineered' wood products.

Apart from that, there are other regulations to look into relating to preservatives used to treat timber such as formaldehydes, borax or fire retardant chemicals. They should be control or governed by RoHS, REACH or the new Directive/2008/58/EC.

Last edited:
T

trusti - 2009

I have learned that wood product is under Construction Product Directive (CPD), but i still confuse about how we decide which EN do they have to reference ?

and which product that only need ECDocs and which one does need CE Certificate issued by Notified Body ?

To issued ECDocs, what steps do manufacturers have to take ?

:thanks:

Last edited by a moderator:
T

temujin

If your product fits within the scope of "Construction products" directive, well, then thats your directive. :notme: However, this is because of the general purpose of your product, not only because your product is made of wood.

The following link will give you a list of harmonized standards for the construction products directive. From that list you have to pick the ones that are relevant to your product.
http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/newapproach/standardization/harmstds/reflist/construc.html

Im not sure what you mean by ECDocs and CE Certificate.

regards
t.

T

trusti - 2009

I have read there are EC Declaration of Conformity (ECDoCs), i am not sure about the substance of that document either who issued it...
does anyone could help me...?

and some of directives for CE Marking is need certificate which issued by Notified Body, correct me when i'm wrong...

when do Notified body issued certificate and what document or requirement do they'll asked for issued CE certificate ?

to be honest, i am new on CE Marking topic, and it's quite make me :confused: confused... :D

:thanks:

T

temujin

Hi,

For some information on the Declaration of Conformity, see this recent thread:
CE Marking Basics - Laser - I am new to Regulatory

this thread has also some good general information on the topic.

CB (Certification Body /Competent Body) and CE (European Mark of Conformity)?

I am not familiar with the CE marking of the kind of products you manufacture. Do you have a representative in EU? If your product require any active involvement of a notified body, you can direct a lot of your questions directly to them.

regards
t.

harry

Super Moderator
Does anyone know which Notified Body could help me with CPD... ???:thanx::thanx:
In Malaysia, BM Trada specialize in this trade. Do you have an organization such as our 'Malaysian Timber Council' - they co-ordinate these kind of issues here and would have the kind of info that you want. I am not their member and therefore can't help you.

My understanding is that self declaration is only applicable for non-structural components but these had to undergo some expensive test which a limited number of labs are accredited to perform. So, many choose to get an organization such as BM Trada and let them coordinate everything.

Top Bottom