CE Marking on ecological vacuums

G

gpegg

Hello, I am a student and have a project on how can we add CE marking on ecological vacuums.

As I have seen the vaccum must comply with directives:
1) 2006/95/ec low voltage directive
2) 2004/108/ec Electromagnetic compatibility
3) 2009/125/ec European Ecodesign Directive
4) 2005/32/ec Ecodesign for energy-using appliances
5) 2010/30/eu on the indication by labelling and standard product information of the consumption of energy and other resources by energy-related products

and regulations:
1) 666/2013 eco-design requirements
2) 665/2013 labeling requirements

To ad the CE mark are directives 1,2 and 3 enough or do I have to mention all directives and regulations?

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Hello, I am a student and have a project on how can we add CE marking on ecological vacuums.

As I have seen the vaccum must comply with directives:
1) 2006/95/ec low voltage directive
2) 2004/108/ec Electromagnetic compatibility
3) 2009/125/ec European Ecodesign Directive
4) 2005/32/ec Ecodesign for energy-using appliances
5) 2010/30/eu on the indication by labelling and standard product information of the consumption of energy and other resources by energy-related products

and regulations:
1) 666/2013 eco-design requirements
2) 665/2013 labeling requirements

To ad the CE mark are directives 1,2 and 3 enough or do I have to mention all directives and regulations?

Hello and welcome to the Cove :bigwave:

Strictly discussing CE marking (not necessarily all legal requirements for placing on the EU market), only the directive you listed as #1, 2 & 3 provide for CE marking directly.

Please note:
1. Responsibly stating whether those 3 directlives actually apply to the subject product requires access to the full details and a careful examination (I guess that that's your job as the student carrying out the task ;)).
2. Other directives that provide for CE marking may be applicable - careful examination required.
3. Other legal instruments may indirectly apply (via reference), either included in your list or otherwise.

Determining the regulatory scope for CE marking of a product is not a 5 minute job, and is case specific. I guess that unless a good fairy shows up, you'll have to do your best, submit and see what feedback you get from your professor.

Cheers,
Ronen.

Last edited:
G

gpegg

Hello and welcome to the Cove :bigwave:

Strictly discussing CE marking (not necessarily all legal requirements for placing on the EU market), only the directive you listed as #1, 2 & 3 provide for CE marking directly.

Thank you Ronen! You were very helpful!
That's what I also thought, but I was not really sure. I'll study the directives very carefully to be sure about the procedure.

G

gpegg

You may also want to look at 2011/65/EU, RoHS Directive to check whether your product is in scope.

I looked at RoHS Directive and think that dust vaccums are not in scope.
I am not sure about R&TTE Directive (2014/53/EU)... as I found a Declaration of Conformity of a vacuum that mentions that the product is in compliance with this directive and can't figure out why.

Attachments

• DOC_SC07F50H_series.pdf
    138 KB · Views: 90
Last edited by a moderator:

CharlieUK

Quite Involved in Discussions
The RoHS Directive applies to any electrical/electronic device unless it falls under a specific exemption, and I don't see any that you could apply.

The Samsung machine appears to have a wireless sensor, which is why R&TTE has been applied - if you don't have one, you wouldn't apply R&TTE as you have stated,

Charlie

Last edited:
Top Bottom