Certificate of Foreign Government (Distributor in Mexico)

K

katastic

Good afternoon, Can anyone help me with this. We have a distributor in Mexico, we have obtained the proper CFG from the FDA, I was just wondering, does the CFG stay with us here or does it need to be given to our distributor in Mexico? I really appreciate your help, thank you:bigwave:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

AnaMariaVR2

Trusted Information Resource
I would say that it goes to Mexico to their agency...is the distributor going to submit it to the agency?

Do you have a local subsidiary that could submit it directly to the agency so it goes directly from the sponsor to the agency? I'm assuming you are the sponsor but I don't know...never assume, right?

Also it depends on how the contract between your company & the distributor in Mexico has been established. Have someone look into those details. Where does the responsibility falls?

Here is a sample of a CFG issued by FDA:
http ://www .brownmed .com/ files/9413/3710/4992/Certificate_to_Foreign_Government.pdf - DEAD LINK - Try Certificate_to_Foreign_Government.pdf at DuckDuckGo

Also check what type of legalization requirements the agency needs...lately Mexico has tighten up their requirements. Once you have your CFG, scan it & keep an electronic file of it as copy/proof of what will be submitted to Mexican agency. Also not a bad idea to check with Mexican agency on how they want this CFG document so you requested as they will need to obtain it.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
E

evilchilli_420

I completely agree with everything AnaMariaVR2 has indicated. My :2cents: is

a. Are you going to distribute the product only in Mexico? - Then you can send the CFG to the distributor in Mexico.

b. If your firm is the legal manufacturer of the device and if you're registering the product in other countries in that name, you should own the CFG and send it to the countries as needed for registration.

c. Sometimes Mexico needs the CFG to be apostilled. Work with your distributor on the requirements.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks,
N

I would say that it goes to Mexico to their agency...is the distributor going to submit it to the agency?

Do you have a local subsidiary that could submit it directly to the agency so it goes directly from the sponsor to the agency? I'm assuming you are the sponsor but I don't know...never assume, right?

Also it depends on how the contract between your company & the distributor in Mexico has been established. Have someone look into those details. Where does the responsibility falls?

Here is a sample of a CFG issued by FDA:
http: // www. brownmed .com/ files/9413/3710/4992/Certificate_to_Foreign_Government.pdf - DEAD LINK

Also check what type of legalization requirements the agency needs...lately Mexico has tighten up their requirements. Once you have your CFG, scan it & keep an electronic file of it as copy/proof of what will be submitted to Mexican agency. Also not a bad idea to check with Mexican agency on how they want this CFG document so you requested as they will need to obtain it.

Good luck

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Has the facility been inspected? question in Certificate to Foreign Government application Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
K CFG (certificate of foreign government) Requestor Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
M Eligible to obtain certificate of foreign government (CFG) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 16
S Certificate to Foreign Government (CFG) - who is an Exporter ? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
S FDA Form 3613 [Certificate to Foreign Government (CFG)] - Manufacturer Information 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 14
Michael Malis FDA changed the criteria for Certificate to Foreign Government (CFG) on 12/08/09 US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
M CFG - Certificate for Foreign Government - Medical Device Company based in CA, USA US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
M Updating Certificate of Foreign Government (CFG's) Other US Medical Device Regulations 18
A Certificate for Foreign Government - How long it takes for an approval? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
C Attestation of QA certificate from foreign (EU) Notified Body Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
S Renewal of "Accreditation Certificate of Foreign Medical Device Manufacturer" Japan Medical Device Regulations 3
X Foreign Manufacturer Accreditation Certificate Applicability Japan Medical Device Regulations 8
S Which countries require a certificate to foreign governments? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
M Free Trade Certificate - Planning to sell our products to some foreign countries Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 30
J ISO Certificate Expiration ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
T Lot Release Test and Certificate of Analysis 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
S QMS certificate and Samlping EU Medical Device Regulations 0
S Changing PCB Assembler and impact on QMS and MDD CE Certificate EU Medical Device Regulations 2
O How can fraud be avoided while getting an ISO certificate? ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
blackholequasar A Registration Certificate... ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 25
B Validating calibration certificate as per API Q1 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
O Issue with free sales certificate for implants from China China Medical Device Regulations 1
C ARTG certificate Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
I Certificate of Conformity to NFL 00-015 How Do We Comply? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
L A certificate of conformance used to support a calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
M Lapse in AS9100 Certificate AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
S Requirements for Certificate of Destruction for Surgical Instruments Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
D Can an ISO 9001 Certificate have Remote Locations? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
D Certificate of Conformance for Country of Origin - Made in the USA claim Contract Review Process 16
Ed Panek Is anyone familiar with Article 60 Certificate of Free Sale EU Medical Device Regulations 6
Y MDR Transition - make "Available on the market" after CE certificate expiration EU Medical Device Regulations 6
M Storing Calibration Certificate Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
B Site removal from MDSAP multi-site Certificate ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
N Class I accessories covered by EC certificate EU Medical Device Regulations 0
D Distribution Center mandatory addition to Certificate? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
M Medical device certificate in Australia - ARTG certificate Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
S Certification Body Changeover - Transfer of Certificate Registrars and Notified Bodies 9
J How to keep MDD certificate valid when legal manufacturer has liquidity problem EU Medical Device Regulations 0
D ISO 17021 Certificate Registrars and Notified Bodies 1
B Free Sales Certificate for Non Medical Devices Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
Louddogsbark When your 13485:2016 certificate has been pulled ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
lanley liao The validity of API Spec Q1 certificate Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
B Countries with no need for FSC (Free sales certificate) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M Calibration Certificate Result issued by an accredited external laboratory General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
U Certificate of Free Sale Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
A Scope of ISO 13485 certificate ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
D ISO 9001 certificate issued by QMS International for 10 years - legit? Registrars and Notified Bodies 17
E Adding models to an approved Russian Registration Certificate Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
A Is it mandatory to obtain ISO13485 certificate prior to CE marking? EU Medical Device Regulations 8
R External Audit and Certificate prorogation due to the pandemic General Auditing Discussions 10