SBS - The best value in QMS software

Certificate of Free Sale

Udirn1

Starting to get Involved
Dear All,
I have a few questions that I would love to gain insight on:
1. If I were to manufacture my Medical and or non Medical products in the USA instead of Europe and sell them all over the world, can I obtain a CFS or a like by the US entity so I could provide to the destination country upon request?, is that something that could be done?
2. Must I have an FDA approved device in order to be able to manufactured in the USA or I can manufacture anything even if its not FDA cleared ?
Thanks
Udi

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

monoj mon

Quite Involved in Discussions
1. If I were to manufacture my Medical and or non Medical products in the USA instead of Europe and sell them all over the world, can I obtain a CFS or a like by the US entity so I could provide to the destination country upon request?, is that something that could be done?
Yes, that is the procedure usually followed, and you can get your Certificate to Foreign Government (CFG) from the FDA by using your FURL account. Once you log in you will see the CDRH Export Certification Application and Tracking System (CECATS) module. Using that module, you can apply for your CFG.
2. Must I have an FDA approved device in order to be able to manufactured in the USA or I can manufacture anything even if its not FDA cleared ?
Thanks
You must follow the appropriate regulatory pathway for your device based on its product code in order to bring it into the interstate commerce. But, before bringing it into the market, you are free to manufacture your device. However, I would advice you to do research on the applicable regulatory information for your device. There are topics you must understand prior to start manufacturing your device. Otherwise, once you try to notify FDA about your intention to sell the device, you might face unforeseen regulatory hurdles. You must, at least, follow 21 CFR 820 and its underlying sections.

Udirn1

Starting to get Involved
Hi
I appriciate your response.
Can I only manufacture my devices in the USA without selling them domestically nor to register them with FDA and still apply for CFG? (I wish only to manufacture in the usa and export the devices)
Thanks
Udi

monoj mon

Quite Involved in Discussions
nor to register them with FDA and still apply for CFG?
No, if you don't register your facility and list the device you are manufacturing to sell it to other country, then why would FDA issue a "CFG" on your behalf! :) See the below image from this link. You don't need to go for a 510(k)/IDE/PMA submission in this case, but following the regulations required by the FDA to issue you a CFG is a must.
1606105483520.png
1606105458989.png

See below a template for CFG (although it is from CBER). Being "US Manufacturer of export only devices" you are subjected to "periodic inspection" bu the US-FDA. There is no provision to skip it.

1606105812069.png

Udirn1

Starting to get Involved
Hi
I am sorry I was misunderstood.
I plan to manufacture my devices in an FDA registered and legit facility which manufactures different devices.
However, the devices I will be manufacturing can only be exported and not sold domestically, as I do not wish to go through 510k.
Under these circumstances would I be granted a CFG should I require it for foreign country's?
Thanks
Udi

Udirn1

Starting to get Involved
Thanks.
I went over the CFG and saw the following:
.."it is certified that the above listed products may be marketed in, and legally exported out from the USA....."
The words "marketed in" stand in contradiction to the fact the the device has to go through 510K, or am I missing something?
Another small question, if the device I am to manufacture in the states is not considered as medical device under the FDA does the same path apply?
Thanks for all your help
Udi

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Information Required in Certificate of Free Sale Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
T Free Sale Certificate - China, Vietnam, Philippines and Thailand Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 8
M Free Sale Certificate FSC / CFS - China China Medical Device Regulations 4
L Status of Certificate of Free Sale Transfer to MHRA - 1 April 2014 Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 3
T Thailand reg- Certificate of Free Sale from legal manufacturer or manufacturing site? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
L Free Sale Certificate (FSC) in different language for Thailand Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
A Thailand - Certificate of Free Sale Alternatives Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 18
L Exportation Certificate vs. Free Sale Certificate (FSC) in Thailand Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
B Free Sales Certificate for Non Medical Devices Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
B Countries with no need for FSC (Free sales certificate) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
C Are we required to obtain a Certificate of Free Sales for export to China? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
T Is a Free Trade Certificate required for India Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
P Certificate of Free Sales (CFS) - Need to attach to each lot of exported product? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
M Free Trade Certificate - Planning to sell our products to some foreign countries Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 30
D ISO 17021 Certificate Registrars and Notified Bodies 1
Louddogsbark When your 13485:2016 certificate has been pulled ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
lanley liao The validity of API Spec Q1 certificate Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
M Calibration Certificate Result issued by an accredited external laboratory General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
A Scope of ISO 13485 certificate ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
D ISO 9001 certificate issued by QMS International for 10 years - legit? Registrars and Notified Bodies 17
E Adding models to an approved Russian Registration Certificate Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
S Philippines CMDL (Certificate of Medical Device Listing) Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 0
A Is it mandatory to obtain ISO13485 certificate prior to CE marking? EU Medical Device Regulations 8
R External Audit and Certificate prorogation due to the pandemic General Auditing Discussions 10
A How to make sure whether the predicated device is marked with EC certificate? EU Medical Device Regulations 8
I Is the contract mfg. mentioned in legal manufacturer EC certificate? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
SocalSurfer AS9100 new certificate, but need QMS software, help Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
C Certificate of Conformance Form - COC for each customer a controlled document? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
B Certificate Suspension? Shut down due to Covid-19 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
L Appears to be a certificate mill certificate ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
D ISO 9001 & AS9100 Certificate issued by a consultant for a Distributor Registrars and Notified Bodies 11
J CE Certificate and additional processing EU Medical Device Regulations 4
bryan willemot Chemical / physical certificate of conformance AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
B IATF certificate suspended - Who do we notify? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
F Calibration certificate content - Average Value and True Value ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
H What is different between PED certificate and CPR certificate? Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
C Migrate ISO 9001:2015 Certificate Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
M How to read a calibration certificate for thermo hygrometer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
V Calibration certificate verification Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
A Calibration Certificate Results General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
A What if Contract Manufacturers does not have an ISO 13485 certificate? Where will the NB audit take place, at legal mfg. site or contract mfg. site? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
E Calibration Certificate Content Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
M IATF 16949:2016 clause 8.4.2.3 - We don't have ISO 9001:2015 certificate IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 26
S Boeing D6-51991 Product Acceptance Software certificate and Artefact? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
J COC (Certificate of Conformity) when NOT purchasing medical devices direct from the Manufacturer Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
P List of ISO certificate registrars around the world - ISO certification databases ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
F EC in EC certificate - Is it an EC Certificate or a CE certificate? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
M Accredited Calibration Sevice Provider using computerized system to issue calibration certificate Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
K Inspection Certificate EN 10204 2.1 - Distribution company Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 4
M Accredited Calibration Sevice Provider using computerized system to issue calibration certificate General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2