Certificate of Registration - No expiration indicator on the certificate - Why?

Douglas E. Purdy

Quite Involved in Discussions
Certificate of Registration - Requirements

Doesn't the RAB have some requirement for the Registering Body to indicate on the Certificate the duration of the Registration? I am looking at a NSF-ISR certificate that gives the Issue Date and Date of Initial Registration, but I do not see any limitation as to the duration. The same goes for when I went to the NSF-ISR website. Does this make since, or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Doug

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
I believe that one should contact the RAB and ask them directly.
There is another thread that you can also look into:
http://Elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=5015&page=2&pp=15

One thing that is not clear is the RAB letter text that states:
This audit must be carried out “at the time that it is to be re-assessed”.

If the ABs still allow for certificates with no expiration date, so when exactly is the "time that it is to be re-assessed? :bonk: :frust:

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Aaron Lupo

Douglas E. Purdy said:
Doesn't the RAB have some requirement for the Registering Body to indicate on the Certificate the duration of the Registration? I am looking at a NSF-ISR certificate that gives the Issue Date and Date of Initial Registration, but I do not see any limitation as to the duration. The same goes for when I went to the NSF-ISR website. Does this make since, or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Doug
Douglas when was the Certificate issued is the company you work for or a Certificate from one of your suppliers?

I know that NSF-ISR started issuing Certs. in April of this year with expiration dates on them so it is possible if the did not have any changes to the Cert Scope or if they have not had a Surveillance audit since April that they will still have a Cert witout an expiration date.

gpainter

Most discussion is in the thread cited. My understanding is the reassessment will take place at the last surveillance audit before the registration expires and will require additional days.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
CarolX said:
...related to continous registration, which I believe is no longer allowed...
And what ISO Guy said.

Yep - We use NSF-ISR and our original ISO9002:1994 certificate issued Jan2001 did not have an expiration date. So, we still had a certificate w/out an expiration date up until a couple months ago. We upgraded in Sep2003 - so now our certificate expires 9-24-06.

C

C Emmons

gpainter said:
Most discussion is in the thread cited. My understanding is the reassessment will take place at the last surveillance audit before the registration expires and will require additional days.
When I contacted my Reigstrar regarding this issue they stated it depended on total time over all during the course of the audit so additional time would not be necessary.

Here is the actual email correspondance I received:
Cindy:
What the IFA guidlines are saying is in the last year (SA# 5 and #6) the total amount of man-days added together needs to equal 2/3 of the time required for a registration audit. As it stands now, in 1 year’s time, we do 12 surveillance days per year (6 sites/1 day each/every six months). You are more than covered. And I know, I know, the explaination letter sucked - I’ve already voiced my opinion on that to top management.

Last edited by a moderator:

Douglas E. Purdy

Sorry for Delayed Response!

CarolX
Take a look at this thread...
Carol,
Thanks for the link on continuous registration!

ISO Guy & Cari Spears (et.al.),

The cert is to ISO 9001:1994 (with QS-9000 TE Supplement: 1998). It is a supplier certification. I really do not know the status of QS-9000 TE and how it would relate to the December 2003 deadline to upgrade from 1994 to 2000! Any information on this relationship would be helpful, and I would be grateful.

Thanks,
Doug

R

Rob Nix

(from: Doug Purdy) The cert is to ISO 9001:1994 (with QS-9000 TE Supplement: 1998). It is a supplier certification. I really do not know the status of QS-9000 TE and how it would relate to the December 2003 deadline to upgrade from 1994 to 2000! Any information on this relationship would be helpful, and I would be grateful.
The QS-9000 / TE Supplement certification is good until 12/2006, HOWEVER, the certificate cannot reference the ISO-9001:1994 standard anymore (it is kinda divorced from it until the tooling and equipment standards are clarified).

Douglas E. Purdy

Need New Certificate?

Rob Nix,

Thanks for the information. So if the TE Supplement is with the ISO-9001:1994, then the organization needs to get a separate Certificate?!

In our situtation (7.4.1), where we are allowing organizations to supply a certification to a Quality Management System as oppose to providing our Self-Check (Type of Survey), then we need to have a new cert next month or a Self-Check - Right?

Doug

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Adding models to an approved Russian Registration Certificate Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
R List of countries that require only CE Mark certificate for product registration Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
Y Is it possible to check the authenticity of a CFDA registration certificate? China Medical Device Regulations 7
B Registration Certificate Dual Accreditation Marks (UKAS and ANAB) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
A Scope on ISO 9001 Registration Certificate ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
M Company Split and Name Change - Name on Registration Certificate ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
S CFG Certificate for Medical Device Registration in India Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
Z CB Certificate and IEC 60601-1 Test Report requirements - Korea Product Registration Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
D Registration of Class IV Device -Clinical Data and ISO Certificate Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
K ISO 13485 Registration Certificate Life-Time (Validity Period) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 21
F Adding a New Office Location to an ISO 9001 Certificate (Scope of Registration) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
ScottK The Importance of the Date Format on your Registration Certificate ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
S Registration Certificate - What do you make of this? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
G 90 days after TS 16949 Registration/Certification Audit to receive certificate? Registrars and Notified Bodies 30
Q 1 QMS and ISO 9001 registration certificate covering 2 plants ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
RoxaneB Clarification Requested on Certificate Wording-Conformance/Certification/Registration Registrars and Notified Bodies 3
T Should copies of the ISO 9001 registration certificate be controlled ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
R After the registration audit - Hey we got our certificate, that's all that matters Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 5
S Philippines CMDL (Certificate of Medical Device Listing) Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 0
A Is it mandatory to obtain ISO13485 certificate prior to CE marking? EU Medical Device Regulations 8
R External Audit and Certificate prorogation due to the pandemic General Auditing Discussions 10
A How to make sure whether the predicated device is marked with EC certificate? EU Medical Device Regulations 8
I Is the contract mfg. mentioned in legal manufacturer EC certificate? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
SocalSurfer AS9100 new certificate, but need QMS software, help Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
C Certificate of Conformance Form - COC for each customer a controlled document? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
B Certificate Suspension? Shut down due to Covid-19 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
L Appears to be a certificate mill certificate ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
D ISO 9001 & AS9100 Certificate issued by a consultant for a Distributor Registrars and Notified Bodies 11
J CE Certificate and additional processing EU Medical Device Regulations 4
bryan willemot Chemical / physical certificate of conformance AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
B IATF certificate suspended - Who do we notify? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
F Calibration certificate content - Average Value and True Value ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
H What is different between PED certificate and CPR certificate? Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
C Migrate ISO 9001:2015 Certificate Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
M How to read a calibration certificate for thermo hygrometer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
V Calibration certificate verification Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
A Calibration Certificate Results General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
A What if Contract Manufacturers does not have an ISO 13485 certificate? Where will the NB audit take place, at legal mfg. site or contract mfg. site? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
E Calibration Certificate Content Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
M IATF 16949:2016 clause 8.4.2.3 - We don't have ISO 9001:2015 certificate IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 26
S Boeing D6-51991 Product Acceptance Software certificate and Artefact? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
J COC (Certificate of Conformity) when NOT purchasing medical devices direct from the Manufacturer Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
P List of ISO certificate registrars around the world - ISO certification databases ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
F EC in EC certificate - Is it an EC Certificate or a CE certificate? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
M Accredited Calibration Sevice Provider using computerized system to issue calibration certificate Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
K Inspection Certificate EN 10204 2.1 - Distribution company Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 4
M Accredited Calibration Sevice Provider using computerized system to issue calibration certificate General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
R Certificate of compliance to RoHS/REACH/WEEE - any such animal? REACH and RoHS Conversations 18
D CB Certificate - Distributor for a product with electrical components CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
P Non-Active Suppliers on CE Certificate EU Medical Device Regulations 2