Certificate to Foreign Government (CFG) - who is an Exporter ?

SGquality

Quite Involved in Discussions
In the Form 3613 for Certificate to Foreign Government (CFG), Page 4 has to be filled by an Exporter. I wanted to know who is the Exporter in the below case -

we are a contract manufacturer and our establishment has been also registered with FDA as "Contract Manufacturer". Now, the Specification developer and our customer wants us to fill this page 4 as an exporter ... I have aksed for clarification as we are not responsible for distribution, recall and related activities and hence we as a contract manufacturer should not be filling this page.

Am I correct in my understanding ? Pls help me !

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
M

MIREGMGR

our customer wants us to fill this page 4 as an exporter
we are not responsible for distribution
I don't see a regulatory issue. The party that ships devices out of USA is the exporter. If you do that shipping, you're the exporter. If you provide the devices to some other party and they ship them out of USA, they're the exporter.

It sounds to me though as if you have a business-relationship disagreement with your customer.

How does your business work with regard to non-exported product? Do you ship directly to customers or dealers? Or do you ship only in bulk to the Specification Provider or to a third party as directed by the Specification Provider, and that other party ships to the customers or dealers?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Has the facility been inspected? question in Certificate to Foreign Government application Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
K CFG (certificate of foreign government) Requestor Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
M Eligible to obtain certificate of foreign government (CFG) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 16
K Certificate of Foreign Government (Distributor in Mexico) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
S FDA Form 3613 [Certificate to Foreign Government (CFG)] - Manufacturer Information 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 14
Michael Malis FDA changed the criteria for Certificate to Foreign Government (CFG) on 12/08/09 US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
M CFG - Certificate for Foreign Government - Medical Device Company based in CA, USA US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
M Updating Certificate of Foreign Government (CFG's) Other US Medical Device Regulations 18
A Certificate for Foreign Government - How long it takes for an approval? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
C Attestation of QA certificate from foreign (EU) Notified Body Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
S Renewal of "Accreditation Certificate of Foreign Medical Device Manufacturer" Japan Medical Device Regulations 3
X Foreign Manufacturer Accreditation Certificate Applicability Japan Medical Device Regulations 8
S Which countries require a certificate to foreign governments? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
M Free Trade Certificate - Planning to sell our products to some foreign countries Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 30
T Lot Release Test and Certificate of Analysis 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
S QMS certificate and Samlping EU Medical Device Regulations 0
S Changing PCB Assembler and impact on QMS and MDD CE Certificate EU Medical Device Regulations 2
O How can fraud be avoided while getting an ISO certificate? ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
blackholequasar A Registration Certificate... ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 25
B Validating calibration certificate as per API Q1 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
O Issue with free sales certificate for implants from China China Medical Device Regulations 0
C ARTG certificate Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
I Certificate of Conformity to NFL 00-015 How Do We Comply? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
L A certificate of conformance used to support a calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
M Lapse in AS9100 Certificate AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
S Requirements for Certificate of Destruction for Surgical Instruments Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
D Can an ISO 9001 Certificate have Remote Locations? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
D Certificate of Conformance for Country of Origin - Made in the USA claim Contract Review Process 16
Ed Panek Is anyone familiar with Article 60 Certificate of Free Sale EU Medical Device Regulations 6
Y MDR Transition - make "Available on the market" after CE certificate expiration EU Medical Device Regulations 6
M Storing Calibration Certificate Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
B Site removal from MDSAP multi-site Certificate ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
N Class I accessories covered by EC certificate EU Medical Device Regulations 0
D Distribution Center mandatory addition to Certificate? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
M Medical device certificate in Australia - ARTG certificate Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
S Certification Body Changeover - Transfer of Certificate Registrars and Notified Bodies 9
J How to keep MDD certificate valid when legal manufacturer has liquidity problem EU Medical Device Regulations 0
D ISO 17021 Certificate Registrars and Notified Bodies 1
B Free Sales Certificate for Non Medical Devices Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
Louddogsbark When your 13485:2016 certificate has been pulled ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
lanley liao The validity of API Spec Q1 certificate Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
B Countries with no need for FSC (Free sales certificate) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M Calibration Certificate Result issued by an accredited external laboratory General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
U Certificate of Free Sale Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
A Scope of ISO 13485 certificate ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
D ISO 9001 certificate issued by QMS International for 10 years - legit? Registrars and Notified Bodies 17
E Adding models to an approved Russian Registration Certificate Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
A Is it mandatory to obtain ISO13485 certificate prior to CE marking? EU Medical Device Regulations 8
R External Audit and Certificate prorogation due to the pandemic General Auditing Discussions 10
A How to make sure whether the predicated device is marked with EC certificate? EU Medical Device Regulations 8