Certification body has a consultancy arm - Also this CB is not listed in IATF list

W

wcsf - 2008

I remember some time back we have a thread regarding this topic, where some CB is actually operating as consulntant to some company for TS2. In fact i also found that this CB is not listed in IATF list but rather they are using a name which is very similar to those approved (from Germany). I suspect this is an affiliate company. Would anyone pls update me?? thx.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
wcsf said:
I remember some time back we have a thread regarding this topic, where some CB is actually operating as consulntant to some company for TS2. In fact i also found that this CB is not listed in IATF list but rather they are using a name which is very similar to those approved (from Germany). I suspect this is an affiliate company. Would anyone pls update me?? thx.
If you suspect, the question is about your relationship to the clients who hire such a firm.

If you are an employee or executive, it certainly behooves you to ask the "CB" to produce its credentials.

If you are a competitor of the client, you can merely call the "CB" up and ask for its credentials yourself. If the answer is that the "CB" is a complete fraud, you have to determine what you will do with the knowledge.

If you are a competitor of the "CB" (my suspicion), if the answer is that the "CB" is a complete fraud, you still have to determine what you will do with the knowledge.

S

SilverHawk

Obviously wcsf is not too sure about himself. If you go thru this, at one time he claimed that he is with plastic resin manufacturer and on the other hand, he ask about his calibration equipment being used at hotel?????

Anyway, there is no truth that a CB is also a consultancy company. It was the public misconception. There is no any direct or indirect interest between these two. Even OEM manufacturer does not see any conflict of interests. They are actually different entity.

Check out with the Registrar of Companies.

W

wcsf - 2008

I will be glad if I can work in a CB, as this shows that I already have those necessary knowledge. However I am not (at least not yet).

Besides, if you have a brother (youger and less experience then you) who is working in hotel line, having some questions on ISO related issues, and you as a big brother who has more exposure in this area, wouldn't youhelp??

I am asking this questions is just becuase it was quite some time I have not visited in forum and would like to get in touch back with some interesting threads. I just wanted some update on those issues being discussed.

I will not unnecessarily challenge someone's integrity unless there is conflict of interest.

Top Bottom