Certification - Changing from 'Partnership' to 'Private Limited Company'

D

dr madhavan

The Constitution of a Certified Company (Certified under ISO 9001:2000 in Sept 2001) changes from a 'Partnership' to " Private Limited Company'.
The Products / processes of the unit have not changed. Only a minor chnage at the Top Management - Instead of three 'partners', now they call themselves 'Directors'
Is it necessary to get the QMS recertified now?.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
You have to notify your registrar of the changes. As long as the systems are not affected by the change in titles and partnership changes your registrar will probably note it and review any changs in the next visit. I don't see a reason to 'recertify'.

JodiB

Still plugging along
I agree with Marc.

The registrar will probably process it as a "change of name" and then review any changes to your org structure at the next surveillance visit. No big deal.

For "change of name", we used to require written notification and then we sent out a new contract under the new legal entity name. Then the certificate was reissued under the new name.
I went through this many many times as an Account Executive.

D

dr madhavan

Certification

If recertification is not required, will the certificate be reiissued and whether it will incur some payments?

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I have yet to see a registrar do anything for free. However, to be nice they do incurr costs (administrative) to go through the motions. I would expect a registrar to charge for the switch but I could not say how much. Since Lucinda has done it she can probably give you a cost idea. I would figure a few hundred US$.

A

Aaron Lupo

Originally posted by Marc
I have yet to see a registrar do anything for free. However, to be nice they do incurr costs (administrative) to go through the motions. I would expect a registrar to charge for the switch but I could not say how much. Since Lucinda has done it she can probably give you a cost idea. I would figure a few hundred US$.
A few hundred US$ to issue a new certificate. I would agree that some of the larger Registrars will charge you. However, there are numerous Registrars that will provide you with a new Cert. free of charge, yes believe it or not, not all Registrars are out there ripping people off.

JodiB

Still plugging along
Sorry I didn't see this sooner guys.

We didn't charge anything at all for the new certs.

YES we did incur costs : the cert paper was special and not overly cheap, the admin person to do the typing, the ops mgr to do the review, the accounts person to do the new contract and initiate the myriads of internal paperwork, the postage for the new contract (on nice contract letterhead) , the FedEx charges for the new certs (always always sent by trackable method), just to name a few of the costs.

But you get what you pay for. We were a well-known registrar and this is the type of service our clients expected when dealing with us.

I remember one company that went through three different legal name changes in as many years! (and I've been told that since I left, they've done it again!)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Rules to respect when changing from Certification Body ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
R Changing ISO 9001 Certification Scope Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
A Does anyone have any experience in changing their certification body (registrar)? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
J How much to charge for helping a startup company with initial ISO 13485 certification? Consultants and Consulting 3
R Medical Device Software Certification IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
R China Quality Certification Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
S Requirements to obtain ISO 50001 Certification ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
N Any experience with Registrars that deny Certification to a Registrant? Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
P ISO Class 8 particle count (annual certification vs monitoring) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
T ISO/IEC 17065 certification scheme Help Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 7
T Help to Suggest name for a new certification and inspection company Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
J Hitrust Certification (HIPPA etc.) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
T Letter to file for Product Certification CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
P ISO 13485:2016 MDSAP Certification Fee Survey ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
O ANATEL certification of Medical Device Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M What happens to certifications if the issuing certification body loses accreditation? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
R Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC) prep - Practice test versus actual exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 0
K Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC) Exam - November 2020 preparation Professional Certifications and Degrees 0
B Advantages of a corporate certification scheme IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
N Harmonized Standards for MDR Certification EU Medical Device Regulations 6
M Quality management certification required by Health Canada Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
hockeyhead Existing process never included in AS9100 scope of certification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
R FCC certification (contract manufacturer) TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 1
M OEM asking for NC report after certification audit. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
A 21 CFR part 11 - section 11.100 - Electronic Signature Certification Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
I Management review in conformity assessment standards - Certification Bodies Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6
M Customers Request AS9100 certification - Small Company (less than 20 employees) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
T AMS2570E certification equipment questions AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
S RA (Regulatory Affairs) certification & Online Internship Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
B Directory of Largest Global Certification Bodies (Accredited) ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 3
M CE self-certification for Class I device (face mask) EU Medical Device Regulations 9
D API 6A Certification Question Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 4
K Restricted Scope of ISO 13485 Certification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
michellemmm What is the Cost of six sigma certification? Six Sigma 5
L "IATF-Compliant" IATF 16949:2016 certification? What does this mean? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
V Iso13485 certification vs CE technical audit ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Watchcat Duration of MDD Certification EU Medical Device Regulations 4
DuncanGibbons FAA's Building Block approach to certification Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
J Product Service after CE Certification expiration CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
G USAS ISO 9001 Certification, online is it worth it? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
W Certification for IATF Lead Auditor will expire in 2020 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
M Using your Manufacturer's ISO certification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M Define voltage and frequency to perform tests 61010-1 and 61326-1 for CE certification CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
Nicole Desouza ISO / AS Certification - Small business with less than 100 employees ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
Sidney Vianna IATF 16949 News Presentations from the latest IATF Stakeholder Event - Expectation that IATF 16949 certification should equate with product quality. Misguided? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
O ISO 9001 new certification advice request - Develop a QMS from scratch ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
G Is ISO 9001:2015 certification worth it for a company that does only contract manufacturing? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 14
M Informational EU – First IVDR designated Notified Body – DEKRA Certification GmbH Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Software Development Company - Who would own the whole process and the certification afterwards? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 1
J ISO 9001 - How to decide if a company needs or will benefit from certification? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6