Certification for IATF Lead Auditor will expire in 2020

wandah

Registered
I am an IATF internal auditor for my company and I noticed that my certificate has an expiration date of 08/2020. I cannot find any requirement that says I need to go through another IATF auditor training to become recertified, just that I must "maintain competence". Our procedure says that the way we maintain and improve auditor competence is by requiring all our internal auditors to complete at least 2 audits a year. We also go over any internal and external changes in regards to auditing and customer requirements. I don't think it is necessary for me to go through another 5 days of IATF auditor training just to get a certificate if there's been no changes to the standard. Should I be doing something else to prove that I have been maintaining my competence as an internal auditor? Is it ok if I don't have a more up to date certificate? How would an external auditor react to my certificate being expired?

Johnny Quality

Quite Involved in Discussions
In the eyes of the standard I do not see any issues with you not re-certifying as long as you meet your own procedures and customer requirements.

I've had a look at some of the OEM's CTR's and GM requires qualified ISO:9001 lead auditors for CQI audits (how they are qualified and who can qualify them I'm not sure...) , see if any of your customers require qualifications and to what standard.

So no, I can't see your auditor having an issue assuming you meet your procedures and your customer requirements.

Mikey324

Quite Involved in Discussions
There is no requirement for retraining as a lead auditor for your company. The only way ways i can think of would be if your internal requirements state you must recertify after X number of year, or, you have a CSR stating a need to recertify. You just have to be competent.

Top Bottom