Certification on AS9100C - FAI or PPAP? Project Management or APQP?

W

white4myrose

Just new on Elsmar Cove,

Need help on clarifying whether I will just consider FAI only (instead of PPAP) for the document requirement on AS9100C, and beside from Project Management Documentation do I really need to cover APQP documentation as well to satisfy AS9100C requirements for certification (I am really confuse)...

Thank you in Advance...

Kronos147

Trusted Information Resource
Welcome to the Cove.

"I will just consider FAI only (instead of PPAP) for the document requirement on AS9100C"

In 0.1, it states, "It is not the intent of this International Standard to imply uniformity in the structure of quality management systems or uniformity of documentation."

What have you done in the past? What do you know you need to do to validate that the product meets all requirements?

I think AS9102 FAI is a robust process. It is not a requirement, unless you make it so with internal policies and procedures. PPAP is another robust process, but again not a requirement of AS9100.

"Project Management Documentation do I really need to cover APQP documentation as well to satisfy AS9100C requirements for certification"

Nope. Project Management can be as simple as "conduct my planning process as described in doc XXX, results of out is the traveler, run the traveler, sign off all ops, check the parts\order, ship, call it a day" in my opinion.

Don't overthink it. Many requirements are often met with what non-certified companies already do. A clever quality system describes those processes in documentation to "say what you do".

PDCA,
Eric

W

white4myrose

Welcome to the Cove.

"I will just consider FAI only (instead of PPAP) for the document requirement on AS9100C"

In 0.1, it states, "It is not the intent of this International Standard to imply uniformity in the structure of quality management systems or uniformity of documentation."

What have you done in the past? What do you know you need to do to validate that the product meets all requirements?

I think AS9102 FAI is a robust process. It is not a requirement, unless you make it so with internal policies and procedures. PPAP is another robust process, but again not a requirement of AS9100.

"Project Management Documentation do I really need to cover APQP documentation as well to satisfy AS9100C requirements for certification"

Nope. Project Management can be as simple as "conduct my planning process as described in doc XXX, results of out is the traveler, run the traveler, sign off all ops, check the parts\order, ship, call it a day" in my opinion.

Don't overthink it. Many requirements are often met with what non-certified companies already do. A clever quality system describes those processes in documentation to "say what you do".

PDCA,
Eric
Thanks Eric...

This really helps a lot... It save me a lot of paper works and stress on relating FAI to PPAP and Project Management to APQP...:D:thanx:

W

white4myrose

Dear Eric,

Thanks a lot for your clarification on Certification on AS9100C - FAI or PPAP? Project Management or APQP?...

Don't know if you have the time, but I have another clarification to ask. Am I in the right track in integrating 7.4.1 & 7.1.4 also.

Thank you in advance :)

W

white4myrose

Thanks Eric,

Your answer is really re-assuring that I am on the right track for the Certification... :D

Again thank you for your time... :thanks:

Ryan

W

white4myrose

AS9100 Certification - Config Mgmt, Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) Form Sample

Good Morning to all!

Can someone help me on the sample reference for Config Mgmt, Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) Form...

Thank you:)

Big Jim

Admin
Just new on Elsmar Cove,

Need help on clarifying whether I will just consider FAI only (instead of PPAP) for the document requirement on AS9100C, and beside from Project Management Documentation do I really need to cover APQP documentation as well to satisfy AS9100C requirements for certification (I am really confuse)...

Thank you in Advance...

Something that I think was not clear is that AS9100C includes First Article Inspection as shown in 7.5.1.1 Production Process Verification. This is a very light treatment of First Article Inspection compared to AS9102. If you are AS9100C registered, you need to live up to element 7.5.1.1, customer requirement or not.

Customers can require you to perform AS9102, but that goes beyond the standard as a customer requirement.

AS9100C does not include any requirements for PPAP, AQPQ or even FMEA. Those are from the automotive world, not aerospace. That will not prevent a customer from requiring them though.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: AS9100 Certification - Config Mgmt, Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) Form Sample

Good Morning to all!

Can someone help me on the sample reference for Config Mgmt, Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) Form...

Thank you:)

Check ou the "MORE FREE FILES" at the top of this page - (small blue rectangular shape below The Elsmar Cove web site.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Dear Eric,

Thanks a lot for your clarification on Certification on AS9100C - FAI or PPAP? Project Management or APQP?...

Don't know if you have the time, but I have another clarification to ask. Am I in the right track in integrating 7.4.1 & 7.1.4 also.

Thank you in advance :)

I am not a fan of integrating 7.1.4 Control of Work Transfers - since it should be used sparingly and appropriately. There is no need to overwhelm the 7.4 purchasing system everytime you need to go out to a supplier to see if they meet or if it necessary to include Quality in every purchase order.

I am not saying not to do it nor I am not saying that it is wrong. What I am saying is keep the purchasing process clean and effective.

However, I am a fan of including 7.1.2 Risk Management in your purchasing process.

Top Bottom