Certification on AS9100C - FAI or PPAP? Project Management or APQP?

W

white4myrose

Just new on Elsmar Cove,

Need help on clarifying whether I will just consider FAI only (instead of PPAP) for the document requirement on AS9100C, and beside from Project Management Documentation do I really need to cover APQP documentation as well to satisfy AS9100C requirements for certification (I am really confuse)...

Thank you in Advance...

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Kronos147

Trusted Information Resource
Welcome to the Cove.

"I will just consider FAI only (instead of PPAP) for the document requirement on AS9100C"

In 0.1, it states, "It is not the intent of this International Standard to imply uniformity in the structure of quality management systems or uniformity of documentation."

What have you done in the past? What do you know you need to do to validate that the product meets all requirements?

I think AS9102 FAI is a robust process. It is not a requirement, unless you make it so with internal policies and procedures. PPAP is another robust process, but again not a requirement of AS9100.

"Project Management Documentation do I really need to cover APQP documentation as well to satisfy AS9100C requirements for certification"

Nope. Project Management can be as simple as "conduct my planning process as described in doc XXX, results of out is the traveler, run the traveler, sign off all ops, check the parts\order, ship, call it a day" in my opinion.

Don't overthink it. Many requirements are often met with what non-certified companies already do. A clever quality system describes those processes in documentation to "say what you do".

PDCA,
Eric

W

white4myrose

Welcome to the Cove.

"I will just consider FAI only (instead of PPAP) for the document requirement on AS9100C"

In 0.1, it states, "It is not the intent of this International Standard to imply uniformity in the structure of quality management systems or uniformity of documentation."

What have you done in the past? What do you know you need to do to validate that the product meets all requirements?

I think AS9102 FAI is a robust process. It is not a requirement, unless you make it so with internal policies and procedures. PPAP is another robust process, but again not a requirement of AS9100.

"Project Management Documentation do I really need to cover APQP documentation as well to satisfy AS9100C requirements for certification"

Nope. Project Management can be as simple as "conduct my planning process as described in doc XXX, results of out is the traveler, run the traveler, sign off all ops, check the parts\order, ship, call it a day" in my opinion.

Don't overthink it. Many requirements are often met with what non-certified companies already do. A clever quality system describes those processes in documentation to "say what you do".

PDCA,
Eric
Thanks Eric...

This really helps a lot... It save me a lot of paper works and stress on relating FAI to PPAP and Project Management to APQP...:D:thanx:

W

white4myrose

Dear Eric,

Thanks a lot for your clarification on Certification on AS9100C - FAI or PPAP? Project Management or APQP?...

Don't know if you have the time, but I have another clarification to ask. Am I in the right track in integrating 7.4.1 & 7.1.4 also.

Thank you in advance :)

W

white4myrose

Thanks Eric,

Your answer is really re-assuring that I am on the right track for the Certification... :D

Again thank you for your time... :thanks:

Ryan

W

white4myrose

AS9100 Certification - Config Mgmt, Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) Form Sample

Good Morning to all!

Can someone help me on the sample reference for Config Mgmt, Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) Form...

Thank you:)

Just new on Elsmar Cove,

Need help on clarifying whether I will just consider FAI only (instead of PPAP) for the document requirement on AS9100C, and beside from Project Management Documentation do I really need to cover APQP documentation as well to satisfy AS9100C requirements for certification (I am really confuse)...

Thank you in Advance...
Something that I think was not clear is that AS9100C includes First Article Inspection as shown in 7.5.1.1 Production Process Verification. This is a very light treatment of First Article Inspection compared to AS9102. If you are AS9100C registered, you need to live up to element 7.5.1.1, customer requirement or not.

Customers can require you to perform AS9102, but that goes beyond the standard as a customer requirement.

AS9100C does not include any requirements for PPAP, AQPQ or even FMEA. Those are from the automotive world, not aerospace. That will not prevent a customer from requiring them though.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: AS9100 Certification - Config Mgmt, Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) Form Sample

Good Morning to all!

Can someone help me on the sample reference for Config Mgmt, Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) Form...

Thank you:)
Check ou the "MORE FREE FILES" at the top of this page - (small blue rectangular shape below The Elsmar Cove web site.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Dear Eric,

Thanks a lot for your clarification on Certification on AS9100C - FAI or PPAP? Project Management or APQP?...

Don't know if you have the time, but I have another clarification to ask. Am I in the right track in integrating 7.4.1 & 7.1.4 also.

Thank you in advance :)
I am not a fan of integrating 7.1.4 Control of Work Transfers - since it should be used sparingly and appropriately. There is no need to overwhelm the 7.4 purchasing system everytime you need to go out to a supplier to see if they meet or if it necessary to include Quality in every purchase order.

I am not saying not to do it nor I am not saying that it is wrong. What I am saying is keep the purchasing process clean and effective.

However, I am a fan of including 7.1.2 Risk Management in your purchasing process.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W AS9100C/ISO9001:2008 Dual Certification (to both standards) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
alonFAI Update an existing QMS manual or write a new one for AS9100C Certification? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
M Adding AS9100C Lead Auditor Certification to an IRCA ISO 9001 LA Certification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
R Does AS9100C require you to have NADCAP certification? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
Q KPI rules for ISO 9001 first certification ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
M Gravimetric blender for resin in automotive industry - periodical calibration via external lab with certification Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 0
S ISO 13485 certification training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
K Sales of MDD devices with expired CE that are pending MDR certification EU Medical Device Regulations 4
W Incoming Certification Requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
B Multisite Certification Requirements for ISO 27001 IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 8
PowerJunkie Cancelling AS9100 Certification - How and Who to notify? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
H Regarding UL Certification CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 6
Q ISO 13485 certificate needed if I go for MDSAP certification? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
S Eligibility for certification to IATF16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
M ASQ certification study material Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
A New to QMS and regulatory... advice on training/certification? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
D Is IATF certification required when customer doesn't require it? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 19
A Loss of certification because of outdated information in the Clinical Evaluation Report CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 8
Sidney Vianna IAQG News Down with OPMT - Long live CERTIFICATION OVERSIGHT AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
H Relation of VDE mark with CE certification CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 11
T Adding to certification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
T Is NRTL certification mandatory in the US ? Registrars and Notified Bodies 2
H EAC-MED Certification CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
Aliken Recommendation for the ISO 13485 certification company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
A List of documents to prepare for Re-certification ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
F Attendance possibility for a certification audit ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
V ADDING NEW MEDICAL DEVICE / Product, WHEATHER THIS AFFECTS EXISTING ISO 13485 CERTIFICATION? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
K SGS Certification - Advice on their Performance Service Industry Specific Topics 9
V ISO 9001 or ISO 17065 required for an organization issuing 5 star rating certification of digital experience? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
P How to keep a ISO 9001:2015 certification when a company is sold ? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
A Scope of ISO 13485 certification as legal manufacturer ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
J CMO in Canada do they need MDSAP/13485 certification? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
R ISO 13485 certification scope ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
A AS9100D new certification cost?? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
N ISCC Plus - The international Sustainability Carbon Certification Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 2
S Which certification to get? Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
J Implementation, establishment and certification of IATF 16949. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
D Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC) Devices Exam - Autumn 2022 study Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
A MDR Article 16 Certification of Distributors by a Notified Body? EU Medical Device Regulations 8
T NDT/NDE Level 2 Technicians Certification Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 20
M PSE Certification Japan Medical Device Regulations 5
C IATF16949 certification eligibility IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
D IATF 16949 Certification and Letter of Conformance expiry (Help!!!) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
H API monogram 4F - Certification process Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
J Recommendations for certification bodies ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S Certification of equipment after move General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 14
J Help to understand and response to API AAR during the re-certification audit Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 17
G Medical Device Auditor (CMDA) certification exam by ASQ - looking for input Career and Occupation Discussions 3
D Automotive Customer asking for ISO 14001 Certification from suppliers ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 3
I Foreign manufacturer registered place of business in EU for CE certification EU Medical Device Regulations 1