Certification vs Accreditation Training (General)

CFWeber

Registered
All,
Good afternoon- After a year of using Elsmar I've finally thought of a question I could not find a post on.

I have been tasked with creating a general compliance training for our Purchasing group.

I need to develop a training that helps the team understand the difference between a certification body (BSI, TUV, NQA, etc) and an accreditation body (ANAB, UKAS, etc). We have a requirement where all ISO 9001 certificates we collect must come from a certification body accredited by an IAF Member/Signatory, we have run into several issues where ISO 9001 certificates that don't meet this requirement have been accepted by our group. Obviously we do not want this, thus the need for this training.

I'm wondering if anyone has any general "compliance" trainings they have created, or if there are some commonly forgotten about topics.
Right now I have:
- Why we have this requirement (IATF)
- Certification vs Accreditation (and common examples of both)
- Certificate requirements
- How to read a Certificate
- How to check IAF for accreditor

Does anyone have any other ideas? It is hard for me to detach and think about what others may not know when it comes to compliance.

Thanks!

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
https://www.iso.org/files/live/sites/isoorg/files/store/en/PUB100452.pdf

https://www.iso.org/files/live/sites/isoorg/files/store/en/PUB100304.pdf

Congrats on the initiative. Most people in the procurement function have no idea of what to look for. Some fancy certificate with weird logos does the trick for many. Customers need confidence in it’s supply chain. Unfortunately, for many, they keep asking for certificates; thus my sig line. I think one of the most critical aspects of users of management system certificates is: what to do when certified suppliers show poor commitment to customer satisfaction, which is a foundational aspect of any QMS. Users of such certificates HAVE TO LEARN how to engage with suppliers CB’s and keep them accountable. Otherwise, you are just perpetuating the façade.

Top Bottom