Certified Quality Systems Ltd (CQS) accredited by International Accreditation Board

Cats Clause

Starting to get Involved
Hi all
Had a call from a company in the UK who are having some external surveillance audit difficulties on their 9001 certified systems. Certification is by CQS. CQS don’t seem to be UKAS accredited, but state that they are "accredited by International Accreditation Board". I had a brief chat with the company and have booked a meeting to look at what their problems are. Anyone have any dealings with either CQS or IAB?
Thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
I moved this discussion to the proper Forum. The issue surrounding unaccredited, self-accredited, alternatively-accredited and pseudo-accredited CB's has been discussed here a number of times. What happens between consenting adults exchanging services for cash is their business....:naughty:

blackholequasar

The Cheerful Diabetic
I've run into this issue countless times now with my suppliers. They provide me a piece of paper with fancy seals on it from someone who runs a business out of a garage. That business says they're accredited by someone out of their mom's basement.

Then I go here and check:
Certification Bodies | Management Systems Accreditation
(This works for me, there may be other resources for others - I'm usually just checking for ISO 9001)

When I tell them that I checked with reputable certification bodies and could not find their information, they typically get pissed off and tell me they paid thousands of dollars for a 'registration' that doesn't actually mean anything.

Scanton

Wearer of many hats
Although there are exceptions, most nations only have one recognized accreditation service. In the UK that is obviously UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service), and you can search their accredited certification bodies here: UKAS - Search Accredited Organisations.

Over the years I have received a few ISO 9001 certificates from prospective suppliers certified by the likes of CQS & QMS International (many of these have 10 year expiry dates), and I always question these to find out if the supplier is aware of what they are paying for.

If its a conscious decision, then that's fine, it's their money and their choice (although I generally can't use them as my company holds an IATF certification), however quite a few have been unaware and change to an accredited certification body fairly quickly.

My personal view is that the certification body you use, speaks volumes about how much you value your quality management system.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Financial benefits of ISO 9001 or other certified quality systems Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 12
M UN-CERTIFIED QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
P ASQ Certified Supplier Quality Professional is the certification worth it? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
Q Passed ASQ Certified Quality Process Analyst Exam! What next? Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
R Material allowed in the ASQ CQPA (Certified Quality Process Analyst) Exam ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
E Use of Certified Reference Materials for Quality Assurance General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
A Recommendations for the CQPA (Certified Quality Process Analyst) Exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
C Is it required to mention another non certified organization in our Quality Manual ? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
K ASQ Certified Quality Inspector (CQI) Training Help Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
T ASQ CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) - Self - study help Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
Q CQA (Certified Quality Auditor)? I need all the help I can get. Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
V Certified Quality Improvement Associate vs. CSSGB, About HACCP Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
C Certified Quality Process Analyst vs. Certified Quality Improvement Associate Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
M CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) Certification Exam Materials Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
K Benefits of being an ASQ CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
Q ASQ CQM (Certified Quality Manager)/OE Certification Exam Preparation Materials Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
S Want to get Certified in Quality Process in the Hotel industry (F&B) Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
N MSc in Quality Management vs. ASQ Certified QM - Which course to go for? Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
Batguy CQI (Certified Quality Inspector) Training failures Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
C RABQSA or IRCA or CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) - Biomedical Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
S ASQ CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) June 2009 Results Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
M CQIA (Certified Quality Improvement Associate) Exam: The Top 3 Definitive Books? Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 4
C Passed the CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) exam 1st time Professional Certifications and Degrees 23
B New ASQ CQE (Certified Quality Engineer)! Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
M Supplier Quality Statement - Clause that our non-certified suppliers could sign Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 14
A Passed ASQ CQPA (Certified Quality Process Analyst) Exam! Professional Certifications and Degrees 21
G I passed the ASQ-CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 12
B ASQ - CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) exam next week !! Professional Certifications and Degrees 18
B Global Quality Exchange (GQEX) database of certified companies ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 39
ScottK Certified Quality Scapegoat Exam Preparation Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 10
J Certified Quality Engineer Courses in the UK Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
A Materials you can take to CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
kedarg6500 Difference in CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) & CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
B ASQ's CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) Test Questions Pattern Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
B How much preparation time for CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
B CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) Exam Learning Guidance and Related Questions Professional Certifications and Degrees 15
Q Supplier of my Supplier's Quality - Distributor is not ISO9001 certified Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 16
Govind ASQ CSQE (Certified Software Quality Engineer) Online Quiz Professional Certifications and Degrees 0
apestate CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) requisite 8 years experience requirement Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
D CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) Test - 5 hours, any breaks? Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
H 6/4/2005 Certified Quality Engineer Exam Results Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
R ASQ Certified Quality Manager - Any horror stories? Has it helped you in your career? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 15
H Review: Great CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) Study Aid Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 3
Govind CQPA (Certified Quality Process Analyst) - NEW ASQ Certification Professional Certifications and Degrees 18
H CQT (Certified Quality Technician) exam is over - Thoughts on Exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 12
G Why a CQE certification? Who should become an ASQ Certified Quality Engineer? Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
P Is 'Quality' in Certified Quality Engineer an Adjective? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
C Certified Quality Manager - Do you think the Certification name should be changed Professional Certifications and Degrees 45
A CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) - Seeking suggestions on preparing for the exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
M Does the Microsoft (MBS) Company have any certified quality system? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 4