Change Management - How can we simplify and reduce our QMS?

C

cyd_k

Change Management

Looking for some help in regards to implementing changes throughout the company. Our QMS has had very little attention over the last year. Our type of business does not need ISO certification but our system was based on meeting the requirements.

We have a new VP in charge of the continuous improvement initiative. We are looking at what we have and what needs updating. We know from past experience that we need to keep it quick and simple to get buy in from the employees. The VP is fairly new to CI and QMS so he has asked me to find some reference material for our library covering the following: change management, quality systems, process improvements and continuous improvements.

I know there is a plethera of information on this site, but I am swamped and don't have time to read everything so would appreciate being pointed in the right direction. We currently have the latest ISO documents, The Root Cause Analysis Handbook (M. Ammerman), a TQM handbook and a QES workbook.

Anyone wanting to share their Quality Manual, CA/PA, Doc Control & Creation, Records Control & System Audits Procedures with me can send me a private message to get my email. Ours were written very rigidly and do not work well with a company of about 80 so we want to make them more user friendly.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Staff member
Admin
Hello Cyd,

Welcome to the Cove!!

Did you browse the Book Review forum for any potential reference material? If not, you might want to check that out.

I'm in a rush right now, but I'll stop back here to check up on your query.

Regards

Kevin :bigwave:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Change management procedure when 7.3 is not applicable ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
R Change Management vs Opportunity for Improvement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
U Change Management vs Change Control? Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
D Customer and Company Specific Requirements for notification of Customers of a change in Management or Key Personnel Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
M How to implement the 4M Change Management System Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
J Change management with CFDA approved devices China Medical Device Regulations 1
R Linking the Processes of Continual Improvement, Change Management, Risk Management, Action Planning, etc? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 5
R 8.1.3 Management of change - Evidence of HIRA and related things Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 3
T Change control and configuration management - When to create a new model/part number? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 0
R ISO 20000 requirement about the Change Management Policy IT (Information Technology) Service Management 3
J South Korea, MFDS - Medical Device Change Management Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
Q Top Management Change Prior to Certification ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
Y Change Management in a very complex Research Organization Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
M ISO 13485:2016 Cl. 5.1 - Management commitment verbiage change ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
P Change Management & New Hires ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
P Are we an outlier for so many variations of Change Management? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
Q Who can Change goals and kpi of top management? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
S Software Application for Management of Change (API 5.11) Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
G Management of Change Procedure Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 7
somashekar 5.4.2 b) Integrity of QMS in Change Management ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
T Engineering Change Management Systems Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
M Engineering Change Management Generic Procedure Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
K How do I change management culture in regards to product? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
N Change Management, Configuration Management or Other Process? Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
N New to Management: Culture Change Advice Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 20
C Change Management Toolkit Template Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
E Does anyone have a Change Management database? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
L The Perfect Engineering Change and Concessions Management System Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
T TS 16949 compliant Change Control Management Process IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
T When is a Change Management Process required? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
J Backsliding QMS - My office has gone through major management change ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
T Process Change in a Laboratory - Start Date for new Procedure - Management Opinions Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
D Management of Change - MOC Procedure and Forms - Engineering, Project, Safety Systems Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
M GM Quality System Basic - Banking & Bypass Procedure in Change Management Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
R Change in Direction - Management decides to Outsource Manufacturing Operations ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
S Management Notice of Change - Sample Wanted AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
A Change Control Review Management Success or Effectiveness Metric Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
M ITIL vs. ISO 20000 Change Management Requirements IT (Information Technology) Service Management 3
D ECO (Engineering Change Order) Risk Management Criteria and QA Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 19
C Management Of Change System or Software - Recommendations and Ideas wanted After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
D Specifications - All the same type of document? Change Management part of our QMS Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
S Change Management - From basic level to implement it succesfully ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Q Change Management Process Mapping Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 7
A Management of Change? What does that mean? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 8
G Management of Change Process (OHSAS) - What would an Auditor expect to see? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 6
K Change Management written process... is this mandatory? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
A Complete change of the ISO 9001 Quality Management System ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
Chennaiite Change Management System - Development vs. Production Changes IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
L Looking for Incident/Change/Problem Management Audit Checklist Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
J Change Management System - Does ISO 9001 specify you need a process flow? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11