Change of Sterilization Vendors / Facility

katastic2908

Involved In Discussions
Please help,

I was hoping someone could help me because trying to search this stuff on the internet is so confusing and most of the time I just end up here anyway.

We are in the midst of qualifying a new sterilization facility, the one we currently use is closing down the location that we use so we are qualifying one of their other locations.

We are in the process of validating and dose mapping, can anyone tell me if I need to notify the FDA somehow? Also for EU, would this be something I would do on a Significant Change Notification to our NB? TIA

Last edited:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
Hi,

FDA - yes, you will need to have your records updated. How exactly depends on what kind of device it is and what was your initial clearance route.

EU/NB - you are only obliged to proactively notify the NB between audits if the change involves QMS or product-range changes, or the device initially went through the “design examination” route (See MDD Annex II s. 4) in the first place.

Please send me a PM if you’d like to provide detailed information and have me further look into this for you.

Cheers,
Ronen.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Change of a medical device sterilization dose - New 510(k) necessary? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
K Re-validation of EtO sterilization after change of tape Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
G Sterilization Re-Validation after Manufacturer Change Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 17
S Gamma Sterilization: Change in Bulk Density vs. Revalidation 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
Q Change the shape of the raw material FAI AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
D Engineering Change Order (ECO) metrics to track ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
P Notified Body Approval of Change EU Medical Device Regulations 2
F Change to Formulation due to Reach (China Medical Device Regulations) China Medical Device Regulations 0
E Change in control plan - Do I have to do sampling? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S Forced ServiceNow validation - No change in our current user and functional requirements IT (Information Technology) Service Management 6
M Address change for a company with CE/ISO13485 EU Medical Device Regulations 2
G Need to change KPI we called NC parts (maximum 3%.) to FTQ (first time quality) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
J FDA notification of address change US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
D Class 3 Device - Change of supplier of material Canada Medical Device Regulations 6
D List A IVD - Change to material supplier EU Medical Device Regulations 3
R Change Management vs Opportunity for Improvement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M Is There a Revision History or Change Log for Canadian Regulations? Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
C Brazil - Product Code (and brand) Change Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
S Requirement to Conduct New Shelf-life Testing? (re-do testing for design change) EU Medical Device Regulations 3
dgrainger Informational EU medical device website change from 'Growth' to 'Health and Food Safety' (6/2020) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J Sub-supplier change from manual to automated process - same specs - Report to FDA? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
S Special 510(K) - Labeling change from Rx to OTC Other US Medical Device Regulations 11
A Document Change Notice vs complete System re-write Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
S MDR Delay - MDD design Change? (before new MDR DOA) EU Medical Device Regulations 8
Jane's Like-for-like critical raw material change qualification - type of testing/ number of lots required ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
R Change Notification - Registrar vs Notified body ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Marc Insects and Climate Change - 2020 World News 0
A UDI and Design Controls - Labeling change via the Design Control process 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
Q Company Ownership Change ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
Q Legal Manufacturing Address Change – multiple registrations at same address 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
I Is highlighting on a printed document considered a change? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
N China - Start manufacturing before change approval? China Medical Device Regulations 1
L 510K - Trade Name Change 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
D Change Control - Product Name Change and its associated labeling EU Medical Device Regulations 7
K Is a change that fixes a recalled device significant? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
L Significant change notice for outsourced warehouse Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
U Change Management vs Change Control? Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
H New 510K VS Documents about design change. Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
P Change on Medical Device Classifications - Dental Crowns Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
D Are medical device companies required to document every change made to their website? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
Ed Panek Relevant questions on Substantial Change Form CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
K Reporting a Change of Contract Manufacturer for a 510(k) cleared device Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
R Software change control process and defect tracking ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S Device name change and label color change EU requirement? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
M CBE (Change Being Effected) 510(k) Submission Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
D Customer and Company Specific Requirements for notification of Customers of a change in Management or Key Personnel Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
R Explain what "design change" is to people new to the industry ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
S Change value of target during a batch Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 0
T Change in BRH (Brazilian Registration Holder) Technical Manager Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
G Saline solution change for soft contact lens potting CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0