Change revision number in document when only codification was changed

Q

QAMTY

Hi everybody

I work in a steel manufacturing company and I have to rename about 400 documents comprised of procedures, formats, some other type of documents.

The question is, do I have to change the revision number, if only the codification was changed? nothing changed into the document.

Please feed me back.
Thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
You're wanting to change document numbering, correct? Your problem is going to be with documents which reference other documents within their content. How do plan to address that issue?

Q

QAMTY

Welll the idea it is no to affect other documents for this change, how? doing it all
in one session.

let say to do this at night, when documents are not needed.

The main Issue I face, it is if I have to register the change in the control on each document, one by one
all of them have not changed the content.

Thanks

Q

QAMTY

Thanks Randy
Specifically in this point says nothing, I mean in the case that only the codification is changed.

I also face the same problem, i would really like to appreciate if someone help me in this regard.
Like the document Revision Number is 00 so after which type of change we need to update the revision number. It would be a single word or a whole sentence, or it would be some technical change in our documents .

Thanks

Q

QAMTY

I´d say, what have a real impact in the system.

Sometimes there are "cosmetic" changes which don´t affect anything. A change in a process, in responsibilities, in scope, need a new revision.
Normally cosmetic changes are minimal.

Hope it helps

I do not think you need to revise all 400 documents for change in code of the project / product if it does not have any impact on operator safety, product quality and issue of mix ups and customer communication.

Raise a temporary change control and state that whenever these documents are due for revision, will be revised accordingly and as an immediate step, a document ratification / Errata form shall be attached along with all the effected documents. it will help you handle it system wise and will have little impact on the above issues.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D TS 16949 Control Plan and Part Number Revision Change Level FMEA and Control Plans 1
K ECO (Engineering Change Order) Revision - Letter change or part number change? Manufacturing and Related Processes 13
M Is There a Revision History or Change Log for Canadian Regulations? Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
S Customer Part Revision Change IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
T AS9102 FAIR - Customer Drawing Revision Change AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
S Change and Revision Status Identification for a Document ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
V Do I need dimensionals performed for PPAP for every revision change? APQP and PPAP 2
A SAE J1739 new revision published on Jan 2009 but I can't find a change summary FMEA and Control Plans 7
V What Constitutes a Document Change? Company Logo Revision Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 12
R Control of Documents - Change history question - Changes from previous revision OK? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 11
L Revision of procedure - Can't update the procedure before the actual process change Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 13
L AS9102 Part Revision Change Levels AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 18
H Control Plan - "Latest Change Level" vs. Print Revision Level FMEA and Control Plans 16
M Quality Manual Change History - Can I eliminate the revision record from the manual? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 33
D Engineering Change Order (ECO) metrics to track ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
P Notified Body Approval of Change EU Medical Device Regulations 2
F Change to Formulation due to Reach (China Medical Device Regulations) China Medical Device Regulations 0
E Change in control plan - Do I have to do sampling? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S Forced ServiceNow validation - No change in our current user and functional requirements IT (Information Technology) Service Management 6
M Address change for a company with CE/ISO13485 EU Medical Device Regulations 2
G Need to change KPI we called NC parts (maximum 3%.) to FTQ (first time quality) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
J FDA notification of address change US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
D Class 3 Device - Change of supplier of material Canada Medical Device Regulations 6
D List A IVD - Change to material supplier EU Medical Device Regulations 3
R Change Management vs Opportunity for Improvement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
C Brazil - Product Code (and brand) Change Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
S Requirement to Conduct New Shelf-life Testing? (re-do testing for design change) EU Medical Device Regulations 3
dgrainger Informational EU medical device website change from 'Growth' to 'Health and Food Safety' (6/2020) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J Sub-supplier change from manual to automated process - same specs - Report to FDA? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
S Special 510(K) - Labeling change from Rx to OTC Other US Medical Device Regulations 11
A Document Change Notice vs complete System re-write Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
S MDR Delay - MDD design Change? (before new MDR DOA) EU Medical Device Regulations 8
Jane's Like-for-like critical raw material change qualification - type of testing/ number of lots required ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
R Change Notification - Registrar vs Notified body ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Marc Insects and Climate Change - 2020 World News 0
A UDI and Design Controls - Labeling change via the Design Control process 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
Q Company Ownership Change ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
Q Legal Manufacturing Address Change – multiple registrations at same address 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
I Is highlighting on a printed document considered a change? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
N China - Start manufacturing before change approval? China Medical Device Regulations 1
L 510K - Trade Name Change 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
D Change Control - Product Name Change and its associated labeling EU Medical Device Regulations 7
K Is a change that fixes a recalled device significant? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
L Significant change notice for outsourced warehouse Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
U Change Management vs Change Control? Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
H New 510K VS Documents about design change. Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
P Change on Medical Device Classifications - Dental Crowns Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
D Are medical device companies required to document every change made to their website? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
Ed Panek Relevant questions on Substantial Change Form CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
K Reporting a Change of Contract Manufacturer for a 510(k) cleared device Other US Medical Device Regulations 5