Changing ISO 9001 Certification Scope

R

Rabab

Dear All,

I have a surveillance audit next month. my certification scope is " On shore management for offshore operations" which is certifying the office only , currently the company expanded its scope in the onshore market as well few months ago.

I have no documentation for the onshore operations part and some inconsistent records for their management system.

Given above situation status , is it possible to change the scope in the coming surveillance to " On shore management for offshore and onshore operations" with above onshore implementation status.

I do appreciate your usual support and quick answer
:thanx:
Rabab

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
It is of course possible to request a change of scope but you should always alert the CB first - don't just spring it on them on the day. They will have prepared an audit plan and now it will need to change.

The second point is "what are they going to audit?" if (as you say) there is no evidence for the onshore operations. You are more likely to get some serious NC's that way.

AndyN

Moved On
Dear All,

I have a surveillance audit next month. my certification scope is " On shore management for offshore operations" which is certifying the office only , currently the company expanded its scope in the onshore market as well few months ago.

I have no documentation for the onshore operations part and some inconsistent records for their management system.

Given above situation status , is it possible to change the scope in the coming surveillance to " On shore management for offshore and onshore operations" with above onshore implementation status.

I do appreciate your usual support and quick answer
:thanx:
Rabab

Yes it is - however, you should contact your CB and ask them what the increased audit duration is - if you have changed scope, then have you added any people do to the work? Also, have you sufficient time to develop the QMS and audit, review and improve the onshore facing management system? It may not be practical to change scope at the moment...

Big Jim

Admin
Any time you add to your scope, it can trigger a wider audit to include the scope expansion. It could even trigger what would essentially be a re-certification audit.

As the others noted, this is most definitely a discussion you need to be having with your CB, and the sooner the better. They don't like surprises.

R

Rabab

Thanks a lot guys , this is what I thought first that this might raise a lot of NCRs for the onshore scope , but some coworkers here said it wouldn't harm slipping this scope during the coming audit.

thanks a lot again , best support ever:thanx:

Top Bottom